FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

2 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Seems fake. Anyone who knows how to do a reverse search would probably know already this was posted by someone in Reddit.

Also, the 2023 Women World Cup logo is breaking the mold we've had ever since Brazil 2014 with a different logo style.

1200px-Logo_of_the_2023_FIFA_Women's_Wor

Maybe it doesn't mean anything but it might be a hint that FIFA is changing their logo style once more, which makes sense since each of their previous two styles lasted for three world cups each (the stylized World Cup curve logo from 2002 to 2010, and now three logos already with the shape of the trophy since 2014).

They done as well with the Indonesia 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup logo as well.

2023_FIFA_U-20_World_Cup_logo.png

On 10/1/2022 at 11:37 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Stupid and pointless virtue signaling. If you really want to protest against this disgraceful event, don't take part in it at all.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12707138/hummel-tones-down-branding-on-denmarks-world-cup-kit-in-qatar-protest

Or at least have a major of the proceeds of selling go to the families of those that died.

But getting a list might be hard and smaller than many believe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Oops.  Here's the latest rethnking of the original Groups of 3 format.  

Report: FIFA to abandon 2026 World Cup “Group of 3” format (msn.com) 

I prefer the split of 24 teams each into 2 groups playing an East vs. West tournament maybe.  It will also be logistically easier for fans to follow?? 

Yeah, I’d posted that here earlier.

See, that leaves them with 12 groups then, and having to work out some unwieldy solution to come up with some way to make the knockout stages evenly split and divisible by four. 

Maybe your solution could work, but I don’t see FIFA going the “Super Bowl” route. It’d be fitting for a USA WC though.

• Sir Rols changed the title to FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026
  • 2 weeks later...

fcdERWm.png

Signature updated :)

I'm not into football that much but I am very excited for 2026 and I hope to get tickets for a match or two here in LA, but I'm sure the excitement will be equally as great on the streets compared to the stadium ^_^

7 hours ago, fusilli said:

If Pasadena was boiling hot in '94, how worse can it go from LA down in 4 years?:unsure:

Well SoFi actually has a full roof and an air conditioned system, so no problem in that aspect. I'd rather worry about Levi's stadium in Santa Clara, but there will be plenty of time for that

5 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

In the open-air venues for 2026, if it's too hot when the sun is still out, then hold the matches around sundown.  Simple.  

Not gonna happen.  They won't want matches played later in the day.  They'll want them earlier so they're at friendlier times for European audiences.  If there's 4 matches a day like there will probably have to be during the group stage, we'll almost certainly see a lot of daytime matches.  No way to avoid it

On 12/20/2022 at 10:31 AM, Quaker2001 said:

Not gonna happen.  They won't want matches played later in the day.  They'll want them earlier so they're at friendlier times for European audiences.  If there's 4 matches a day like there will probably have to be during the group stage, we'll almost certainly see a lot of daytime matches.  No way to avoid it

Who would've thought they'd play the WC in November-December?  Hmmmm, there's always a first time.  

2 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Not FIFA when they first awarded to Qatar.  They believed it could happen in the usual June/July window.

They *wanted to* believe it so that they could go ahead with awarding it to Qatar. Even the dumbest person on the Executive Board must have known that won’t pass the reality test.

• 2 weeks later...