FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

It's been five months since Qatar 2022 ended, but on the 17th of this month in Los Angeles, California, USA the official emblem and brand identity will be launched. I didn't expect it to be really early.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/canadamexicousa2026/media-releases/weare26-launched-to-bring-the-fifa-world-cup-2026-tm-brand-to-life

Seems to me with the teasers that it's going to be 2026 numbering mark going to be compressed together with colors surely influenced by the colors and look of the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics utilizing the warm colors aqua, magenta, orange, pine green, lime green, royal blue, and violet, some waves, and sparks . But like with upcoming Los Angeles 2028 Summer Olympics, I presume with this branding this is designed to be adaptable for all three co-hosting nations in this case and the host cities involved--and perhaps taking a cue from that and the 2023 WWC right around the corner. We see Vancouver because of the BC Place and the two Canadian fans, a couple of shots in Los Angeles with the background skyline, and Arlington's Jerryworld (as I call the AT&T Stadium).

All that's missing is the World Cup trophy and where and how it's going to be positioned. How will it be integrated with the design and wordmarking? We'll find out next week. 

1 hour ago, Durban Sandshark said:

All that's missing is the World Cup trophy and where and how it's going to be positioned. How will it be integrated with the design and wordmarking? We'll find out next week. 

doesnt the AU-NZ 2023 emblem not have a trophy emblem? this might be a new branding format for future world cup hosts for the forseeable future

6 hours ago, Bear said:

doesnt the AU-NZ 2023 emblem not have a trophy emblem? this might be a new branding format for future world cup hosts for the forseeable future

It technically has the trophy right of the Fifa Womens World Cup lettering but it´s really not the centerpiece, that´s the big ball with the flags... But, let´s wait and see; the trophy might still be represented by a small element or even that circle logo from 2002 in a smaller fashion, like 2006 and 2010. 

What i can guess however, is that the number lettering might take some cues from the shapes we seeing, i could even imagine a 2 out of them...

On 5/12/2023 at 5:56 PM, Guilga said:

It technically has the trophy right of the Fifa Womens World Cup lettering but it´s really not the centerpiece, that´s the big ball with the flags... But, let´s wait and see; the trophy might still be represented by a small element or even that circle logo from 2002 in a smaller fashion, like 2006 and 2010. 

What i can guess however, is that the number lettering might take some cues from the shapes we seeing, i could even imagine a 2 out of them...

I also can see a 6 out of the teaser photos based on the shapes. Right about the 2023 WWC logo. But, because the men's version is so much more world-prominent and world-renown, we'll see the men's trophy logo more front and center here. The Australia-New Zealand version likes to emphasize the Aussie green and gold and NZ's black as the national sports team colors coming together. FIFA actually now requires the their World Cup trophies to appear in the hosts' logos somewhere. As you say, Guilga, let's wait and see very soon.