Open Letter To Everyone

At least for me, this has been a long race. I have always had an interest in the Olympics, but my ears perked up in 2005 when I heard Chicago was seriously considering a bid. My family came from the Irish working-class SW-side, and I know my grandparents would be proud and excited to see a Chicago Olympics.

After following the early bid phase I began to get active on forums. Over the last two years I have thoroughly enjoyed the conversation here and I have learned so much from all of you. I just wanted to take a second to say "thanks". Hopefully I have been a good ambassador for Chicago, and I would like to say a special thanks to the Chicagoans who have represented this city well on the forum.

I also want to wish all the supporters here good luck! I think every city bidding can host a spectacular Games, and I will eagerly watch the preparations of any of the four cities.

- Rio 2016 would be amazing to see, and the beauty and enthusiasm from Brazilians will no doubt add to the production of the Games.

- Spain hosted a marvelous Games in 1992, and I expect Madrid would follow in those footsteps.

- Tokyo is an amazing city. I hope to have the opportunity to visit there next month, and there is no doubt that it would have an awe inspiring venue plan.

I know things on this forum have not always been the most civil, but for the most part people are respectful. In these last hours of the bid, let's keep in mind the Olympic ideals and purpose for this event that comes only once a every four years.

Thanks again,

Dave

aka Soaring_Higher

Nice getting to kno a lil more bout you Dave, and yes Lets keep it clean these last few hrs. Tho I'm not in Chicago I'm a bit Eastern but I support Chicago, but want Rio to win. I'd be happy if any of these two wins.

It was a bumpy (like, really bumpy) ride, but boy, we sure had some fun here! =]

Good Luck also to you , Dave!

I wish you can live the Olympics from the inside (I mean to work or to be a volunteer) like I did, it was just amazing experience, a dream come true!

So I hope you and all the others from Chicago the best of Luck for tomorrow!

Good Luck also to you , Dave!

I wish you can live the Olympics from the inside (I mean to work or to be a volunteer) like I did, it was just amazing experience, a dream come true!

So I hope you and all the others from Chicago the best of Luck for tomorrow!

At which Olympics had you been a volunteer?

It's been rough, a lot of emotion expressed, but this time tomorrow, we'll know who's got the Games.

So, I can only say to the supporter of each city:

Kouun, Tokyo!

Buena suerte, Madrid!

Sorte, Rio!

Good luck, Chicago!

(Pardon me if I completely lost something in the translation, I used an online translator and I couldn't find an exact match for 'good luck' in Portugese.)

No matter what, look forward to the Games of the XXXIth Olympiad wherever they'll be held and doing this all over again for 2018!

Great Post Soaring!

It's all been said. It's great that each race brings new blood to the forum.

And I know it's hard to be relaxed when one's got a strong emotional investment in the result, but with less than 24 hours to go, enjoy the climax of the ride!

Whoever wins tonight will have deserved it.

Great Post Soaring!

It's all been said. It's great that each race brings new blood to the forum.

And I know it's hard to be relaxed when one's got a strong emotional investment in the result, but with less than 24 hours to go, enjoy the climax of the ride!

Whoever wins tonight will have deserved it.

Roltel, the race is near to be finished, thank you for nice comments you made to me this week, and I really hope to heard about your plans to come to Copacabana Beach in 2016!!!

Good lucky for all of us!

Archived