Seventh Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Contest

Here is my submission for the Toronto 2026 logo. It didn't come out as well as I would like it have, but I think the concept of the logo is understandable.

Here's some explanation for the logo. As I was thinking about what I would do, I didn't want to have just a maple leaf and a snow flake, so I thought about what else could be put in it. The idea came from when I thought about past logos, and I remembered the Atlanta 1996 logo, and that's where the flame and the green star came from. It's supposed to be a transition from one element to the next. Maple leaf for Canada, flame for the Olympics, start for the athletes, the trillium for Ontario and Toronto and the snow flake for winter.

24osjgi.jpg

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my submission for the Toronto 2026 logo. It didn't come out as well as I would like it have, but I think the concept of the logo is understandable.

Here's some explanation for the logo. As I was thinking about what I would do, I didn't want to have just a maple leaf and a snow flake, so I thought about what else could be put in it. The idea came from when I thought about past logos, and I remembered the Atlanta 1996 logo, and that's where the flame and the green star came from. It's supposed to be a transition from one element to the next. Maple leaf for Canada, flame for the Olympics, start for the athletes, the trillium for Ontario and Toronto and the snow flake for winter.

24osjgi.jpg

If you want I could polish it up for you.

Here's my Toronto one. I opted for a professional easily definable approach.

Toronto1_zps41370dbb.jpg

As some might have noticed, I have chosen to use the old Pearson maple leaf design rather than the one used in the flag. I think it goes well with this logo, what do you think? And of course we have other distinct elements representing Canada/Ontario and the fact that it's a winter games. The snow capped mountains from the maple leaf and the Trillium stylized also representing a snowflake.

Bangkok_zps93760b5b.jpg

I don't know about this one either.

The story behind it is that elephants are the national animal of Thailand. Also, in the headdress, there is a running man, a common symbol of the Olympic Games.

You really drew good elephant.I especially like the headdress of Thai silk(?) on the forehead..sharp triangle,deep pink,and yellow (can be seen as gold).I think you can create another one only with that.

I would really appreciate that! Thank you!

Here you go! I made the stars a bit more round, got a new trinity symbol, maple leaf (taken from Air Canada), and snowflake. I made the colors more vibrant and then added some nice overlays to give the logo more detail; 2aio9iu.jpg

Here you go! I made the stars a bit more round, got a new trinity symbol, maple leaf (taken from Air Canada), and snowflake. I made the colors more vibrant and then added some nice overlays to give the logo more detail; 2aio9iu.jpg

WOW! This looks really good! Thanks for polishing it! Rols, I'm going with the second, polished logo.

Being on the board sense the end of summer (and reading sense about London 2012) things have certainly changed here and I'm rather shocked! Not sure if it was pre-vote rivalry or what, but everyone does seem to be exceptionally kind and helpful this year.

That's classy of you Mr Bernham. You deserve a big pat on the back for sportsmanship! Certainly looks more polished - though I did like Nemo's maple leaf.

Nemo - let me know which one you ant to go with!

When polishing it I tried keeping the Maple leaf (it was just so darn elegant) but it was the elegance and detailing that made it near impossible, in the end I decided to go with a new one and the overlays to at least retain some level of detail, thank you very much though for the compliments. After all I feel these comps are more about seeing ideas come to life and what everyone feels and Olympic brand is rather than winning.

WOW! This looks really good! Thanks for polishing it! Rols, I'm going with the second, polished logo.

Glad you like it; anything I can do to help someone with a vision will be done :)

The two colour versions of this are stunning Danny, particularly the white on blue. Lovely effort. Fireworks, snow, cauldron, maple leaf.

Very nice indeed.

As I said, I prefer the two colour versions to the main version though, not sure why. :D

Thank you very much! :)

Being on the board sense the end of summer (and reading sense about London 2012) things have certainly changed here and I'm rather shocked! Not sure if it was pre-vote rivalry or what, but everyone does seem to be exceptionally kind and helpful this year.

When polishing it I tried keeping the Maple leaf (it was just so darn elegant) but it was the elegance and detailing that made it near impossible, in the end I decided to go with a new one and the overlays to at least retain some level of detail, thank you very much though for the compliments. After all I feel these comps are more about seeing ideas come to life and what everyone feels and Olympic brand is rather than winning.

Glad you like it; anything I can do to help someone with a vision will be done :)

Just a friendly tip.

I think you mean "since" -- not "sense."

I found secret number in Scotguy's logo yesterday B) . I see "7" on green "T" and yellow "T"..,hmm so mysterious.What happened in Tronto in the year of 1977,1907.... simply means 7 cities? 7 provinces?....7 of what :ph34r: ? But I should not ask him about this until 12/31 because this may be the top secret for his fine work.

I found secret number in Scotguy's logo yesterday B) . I see "7" on green "T" and yellow "T"..,hmm so mysterious.What happened in Tronto in the year of 1977,1907.... simply means 7 cities? 7 provinces?....7 of what :ph34r: ? But I should not ask him about this until 12/31 because this may be the top secret for his fine work.

Scotguy belongs to the Ilumnati. His work just reeks of 'secret' and hidden messages. He's a lot deeper than he seems... ;)

Scotguy belongs to the Ilumnati. His work just reeks of 'secret' and hidden messages. He's a lot deeper than he seems... ;)

As far as I see his image pic.,he looks like "7"th prince of Scotland.OMG his name SCOTGUY,count how many letters there are...exactly "7"!!!... and yesterday after I logged myself out I noticed this comp. is "7"th...something must be hidden :ph34r: .

As far as I see his image pic.,he looks like "7"th prince of Scotland.OMG his name SCOTGUY,count how many letters there are...exactly "7"!!!... and yesterday after I logged myself out I noticed this comp. is "7"th...something must be hidden :ph34r: .

He once told me that he also worked in the Auckland Revolving Restaurant which measures 777'. :lol:

He once told me that he also worked in the Auckland Revolving Restaurant which measures 777'. :lol:

Funny story :lol:. I just googled "revolving restaurant Auckland" and hit one restaurant. The name is "Orbit 360° Dining"!!!And this "360 degrees" was important 'cause it gave me a big hint.Let's imagine we're seated and put his logo on the table.Yes,the room revolves and "7" rotates (7→L at 180 degrees.clockwise or anti clockwise,either will do). So the message is "SCOTGUY Loves GLASGOW.GLASGOW Loves TORONTO.So TORONTO will win in the future bid! B)" Baron,did you know that GLASGOW and TORONTO also consist of 7 letters? :rolleyes:

Archived