2022: A troubling scenario

stryker

I wish Dick Pound was IOC President, instead of Bach.

Would it make a difference? Read his comments closely. He seems to be pretty much in step in the rest of the IOC... it's those stupid host countries wanting to spend money on infrastructure. He also completely ignores how the arrogance and entitlement of the IOC members is a big part of the problem.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rob, I can't find the thread where I said that the more redundant/peripheral sports likes Taekwando, Field Hockey, etc., should go...and you replied...that they just get fit into convention centers, etc.

Yes, am well aware of that, But my point is for every new sport they add on, that also means finding another 4 or 5-star hotel w/ large ballroom facilities becuz the Federation in question uses the Olympic period to host their own annual convention. Thus, you have what? 27-28 annual conventions going on in town -- in addition to the big pre-Opening one of the IOC itself. And then, for every sport added, you will also need a similar number of training facilities, etc. It just all adds up to the gigantism of the Games. So really, the proof of the pudding, is saying NO to certain federations and cutting back the # of sports; or adopting the CWG style of rotating certain sports mostly tailored to existing faciltiies for even the weird sports, if the prospective host city already has most of them.

So for Rio, they've added golf and Rugby7. One requires a new venue (which Rio didn't have to give); and the other piggybacks onto the the soccer venue. But you still have to now host 2 new international 2/3-day conventions (with all the requisite translators/interpreters, caterers, security, etc., amongst the already other 25 federations going on. It all just piles up. For the WOGs, because they are held in smaller, mountain cities, such large hotels/convention spaces/caterers/training facilities, etc., are scarcer in the mountain towns/resorts than they are in the lowland Summer host cities. So the IOC really has to trim down. That's the secret. And when they do narrow the slate -- and cut back on the royal perks; then you'll have more cities who'd want to play ball.

The 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics are only a 'troubling scenario' if we are left with only Almaty. Despite Beijing's faults, Beijing is a reliable Host. Let's look at some Facts:

Both China and Kazakhstan are dictatorships. Beijing 0-0 Almaty.

China has a Stronger and Bigger Economy then Kazakhstan. Beijing 1-0 Almaty.

China has Hosting Experience. Beijing 2-0 Almaty.

Beijing Hosted the much Bigger Summer Olympics and Paralympics by themselves, Almaty had to CO-Host the much smaller Asian Winter Games with Astana. Beijing 3-0 Almaty.

The IOC has said before they don't want to go to Almaty. Most People here don't want to go to Almaty. Even some of the Almaty Public don't want it. Beijing 4-0 Almaty.

Almaty ranked lowest score in the Evaluation. Beijing 5-0 Almaty.

Almaty would be a Sochi 2.0, not just because of it's Location, but because it would be an expensive Olympics. At least China is honest about having an expensive Olympics. Beijing 6-0 Almaty.

China and Kazakhstan both have pollution issues. Beijing 6-0 Almaty.

So Almaty Supporters, Almaty will not be Hosting, unless Beijing withdraws, which they won't.

Full Time. Final Score is Beijing 6-0 Almaty.

Beijing is the Host for the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics. Before Almaty supporters say there side of it, the IOC has said they don't want Almaty to Host.

I agree. Seemed so quiet and peaceful until just now

Here's a joke for everyone.. Pete and Repeat are in a bar. Pete leaves. Who's left?

Here's a joke for everyone.. Pete and Repeat are in a bar. Pete leaves. Who's left?

This couldn't be true could it?

Rumors of original 2022 #Olympic bidders scrambling to try & get back into the race,having withdrawn too soon! Switzerland .... anyone else?

https://twitter.com/MichaelRPayne1

Tweeted by the IOC Director of Communications, Mark Adams who, earlier, tweeted a link to this article:

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_307134/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Z7onK7f2

IOC spokesman Mark Adams blamed the Norwegian media of misreporting the situation.

"The documents have been widely and often deliberately misreported," Adams said in an email to The Associated Press on Saturday. "Even a cursory glance would show they contain suggestions and guidance, not demands. These were gathered from previous games organizers and are advice on how to improve the games experience for all."

Sounds very much to me like a fake, following on from the mother of all sour grapes......

Way to provide an unbiased comparison Tony.

And what a shame. I thought based on your absence the last few days, you had been banned. But a man can dream right?

Don't see You complaining when People like GCL and Olympic Fan Darcy make biased claims in favour of Almaty 2022.

Your so worried and obsessed about Me. Block Me.

Stop Mocking. It's offensive.

This couldn't be true could it?

Rumors of original 2022 #Olympic bidders scrambling to try & get back into the race,having withdrawn too soon! Switzerland .... anyone else?

https://twitter.com/MichaelRPayne1

I don't see how this could be so. The canton of Graubunden held a referendum early last year & voted against a 2022 bid. And besides, the application deadline has come & gone, & the IOC has already said they're not reopening the 2022 bid process. So this should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

This race just became the chance of a lifetime for Kazachstan .

They won't get another chance to get to the final round of an olympic vote for ages. They are very stupid if they don't follow Qatar's steps for the World cup and hire top advisers and famous faces to help with their bid.

I don't see how this could be so. The canton of Graubunden held a referendum early last year & voted against a 2022 bid. And besides, the application deadline has come & gone, & the IOC has already said they're not reopening the 2022 bid process. So this should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

There are other potential hosts in Switzerland than the canton of Graubunden. Take the Sion 2006 file, refresh it a bit and I guess it would be a winner.

^considering how the rest of Western Europe has pretty much told the IOC to 'fukc off' with their Winter Olympics, I still don't see how, even another canton in Switzerland, could all of the sudden be a 'winner' at this late stage in the game.

With an Beijing China 2022 WOPG and after that I don't think Europe will want to bid so we could see Reno - Lake Tahoe USA hosting the 2026 WOPG and Calgary Canada hosting the WOPG then that that Europe maybe be interested in hosting again in the 2030s with an possibility of an Beijing China 2022 WOPG we could be seeing an back to back North American WOPG.

With an Beijing China 2022 WOPG and after that I don't think Europe will want to bid so we could see Reno - Lake Tahoe USA hosting the 2026 WOPG and Calgary Canada hosting the WOPG then that that Europe maybe be interested in hosting again in the 2030s with an possibility of an Beijing China 2022 WOPG we could be seeing an back to back North American WOPG.

No chance.

United States Of America or Canada will probably Host the Winter Olympics and Paralympics in 2030. If United States Of America Hosts the 2030 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, then Toronto, Canada will Host the Summer Olympics and Paralympics in 2036. If Canada Hosts the 2030 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, then New York City, United States Of America will Host the 2036 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. 2024 Summer and 2026 Winter will both be held in Europe (It's no eurocentric, it's the fact of Geopolitics).

No chance.

United States Of America or Canada will probably Host the Winter Olympics and Paralympics in 2030. If United States Of America Hosts the 2030 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, then Toronto, Canada will Host the Summer Olympics and Paralympics in 2036. If Canada Hosts the 2030 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, then New York City, United States Of America will Host the 2036 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. 2024 Summer and 2026 Winter will both be held in Europe (It's no eurocentric, it's the fact of Geopolitics).

Beijing China 2022 would be another $40 billion games which will mean the chances of Europe putting in an bid is very unlikely and the USA is very likely to have an back to back games with Los Angeles USA 2024 and Reno - Lake Tahoe USA 2026, If Beijing China wins 2022 then Europe may very likely not make an bid for the 2026 and 2030 Winter Games.

Beijing China 2022 would be another $40 billion games which will mean the chances of Europe putting in an bid is very unlikely and the USA is very likely to have an back to back games with Los Angeles USA 2024 and Reno - Lake Tahoe USA 2026, If Beijing China wins 2022 then Europe may very likely not make an bid for the 2026 and 2030 Winter Games.

America won't Host a back to back Olympic Games. 2024 and 2026 is 99 Per Cent certain coming to Europe.

Europe will Bid for 2024, Rome and Berlin seem certain to Bid.

Here we come 2024 = Rome VS Berlin.

Just like You finally realised You was wrong about Almaty Hosting 2022, You will be wrong about this too.

America won't Host a back to back Olympic Games. 2024 and 2026 is 99 Per Cent certain coming to Europe.

Europe will Bid for 2024, Rome and Berlin seem certain to Bid.

Here we come 2024 = Rome VS Berlin.

Just like You finally realised You was wrong about Almaty Hosting 2022, You will be wrong about this too.

Have you heard the news that Italy Prime Minster is anti Olympics bid and Germany is seem to be going for EURO 2024, I see Berlin Germany hosting the 2028 Summer Games.

Have you heard the news that Italy Prime Minster is anti Olympics bid and Germany is seem to be going for EURO 2024, I see Berlin Germany hosting the 2028 Summer Games.

As much as I don't want Turkey to Host UEFA Euro 2024, Turkey seems to be the Favourites to Host UEFA Euro 2024. Italy and Germany haven't completely ruled out Bidding for the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics.

Dumb_and_dumber_soundtrack_cover.jpg

Stop. That is nasty and bullying.

As much as I don't want Turkey to Host UEFA Euro 2024, Turkey seems to be the Favourites to Host UEFA Euro 2024. Italy and Germany haven't completely ruled out Bidding for the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics.

Why is Turkey the fave? Evidence? Turkey also might bid for the Olympics, who knows, so this argument is neither here not there.

Why is Turkey the fave? Evidence? Turkey also might bid for the Olympics, who knows, so this argument is neither here not there.

Well, Turkey only just missed out on Hosting UEFA Euro 2016. Turkey are also Building lots of Brand New Stadiums. I think Turkey will Host UEFA Euro 2024, although I would prefer Holland 2024 - England 2028.

Turkey can Bid all they want for the Summer Olympics and Paralympics, but they won't Host.

I think Turkey will Host UEFA Euro 2024, although I would prefer Holland 2024 - England 2028.

You should add that to your signature, we can always know who you are predicting and won't have to keep coming back to reference this post.

PS - Do you think it fair Europe gets to host the tournament so many times?

Archived