2020 - the First Poll

Sir Rols

2020 Olympic Games Bids  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cities make the Candidates Shortlist for 2020? (choose all you think will get through)

• Baku
    • Doha
    • Istanbul
    • Madrid
    • Roma
    • Tokyo
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games? (pick one)

• Baku
    • Doha
    • Istanbul
    • Madrid
    • Roma
    • Tokyo
  3. 3. Who would you LIKE to win the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games? (pick one)

• Baku
    • Doha
    • Istanbul
    • Madrid
    • Roma
    • Tokyo

i think that the final list will be Tokyo - Madrid - Istanbul & Rome

i think Madrid will win (latin block vote and third time in succession - maybe still too close to Barcelona 1992 though?)

i would like Istanbul to win - such an amazing city!

it really is a tough one this - am surprised that Paris didn't go this time?

tough to choose for me between Rome and Istanbul - but new horizons and all - would love to see Istanbul!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think that the final list will be Tokyo - Madrid - Istanbul & Rome

i think Madrid will win (latin block vote and third time in succession - maybe still too close to Barcelona 1992 though?)

i would like Istanbul to win - such an amazing city!

it really is a tough one this - am surprised that Paris didn't go this time?

tough to choose for me between Rome and Istanbul - but new horizons and all - would love to see Istanbul!

I dont think they'd pick 3 european cities and leave out either doha or baku.

One of them will get through

You know; the IOC could it do either way. Actually by the final FIFA 2018 and 2022 presentations there were also ±6 presentations spread over 2 days.

Little Recap;

Australia 2022

South Korea 2022

Qatar 2022

Japan 2022

USA 2022

Belgium & The Netherlands 2018

Spain & Portugal 2018

England 2018

Russia 2018

The IOC can arrange/manage a totally new system (the Fifa-example) because of/for the sake for the beginning of the second decennia in this millenium.

- None of the 6 candidates fall out/booped out

- Let all of them make a final presentation / perhaps in sheduling it on 2 days (also handable for the organizing city, namely BA/Buenos Aires)

- And let then the voting begin

Could this be a good formula? Advantages and disadvantages?

regards

fatih

Rome, Tokyo, Spain, Remitting 2020 SOG

In view of the fact that virtually all countries nowadays have reached an acceptable level of Global development and have the capacity to stage the Olympic Games, gone is the time of only few countries being able to stage the Olympic Games. In this check, Rome, Tokyo, Spain, should by all means remitt the 2020 SOG.

If the Olympic Games are so treasured by the Global audience, then it would be nice to give the world a chance to show a new host of the Olympic Games every time

they are held. In a period of 70-seventy years the world witnesses about 15-fifteen OG's of each kind. Let us be considerate for the number of countries in the world and how many years it would take for all of them to be granted the opportunity to host the world's largest sporting event. Others have not staged the OG's, however had the privilege of presenting other prestigious sporting events.

In view of the fact that virtually all countries nowadays have reached an acceptable level of Global development and have the capacity to stage the Olympic Games, gone is the time of only few countries being able to stage the Olympic Games. In this check, Rome, Tokyo, Spain, should by all means remitt the 2020 SOG.

If the Olympic Games are so treasured by the Global audience, then it would be nice to give the world a chance to show a new host of the Olympic Games every time

they are held. In a period of 70-seventy years the world witnesses about 15-fifteen OG's of each kind. Let us be considerate for the number of countries in the world and how many years it would take for all of them to be granted the opportunity to host the world's largest sporting event. Others have not staged the OG's, however had the privilege of presenting other prestigious sporting events.

Azerbaijan is a member of European Olympic Comittees. Enough?

All cities being shortlisted will make illusion(or not only illusion) for Doha or Baku that they have chance to win next time. And we want more applicant cities in future, right? 2 days for final presentations - why not? It's make any big difference? Ok, maybe later we will hear "we lose becouse our presentation was on first day" but let's be serious.

2 days for final presentations - why not? It's make any big difference?

Ok, maybe later we will hear "we lose becouse our presentation was on first day" but let's be serious.

The IOC will NOT stretch it out over 2 days. That's why they have enough for 4 or 5. Baku is just in this again for an exercise for a BETTER bid next time.

Yeah, & I'll bet some Manat's that one of those 5 was LD, too. :lol:

But seriously, they'll score low on security, being in the Caucasus & only 300 miles away from Tehran. They'll score low again on infrastructure & accommodations, since they're one of the smallest of the 6 applicants behind Doha.

Plus, they're only a stones throw away from Sochi. And it's a much smaller, less sexy, knock-off version of Istanbul. It's really a non-starter of a bid.

Yeah, between Rome & Istanbul, that is. And to a lesser extent Tokyo & Madrid. While Doha & Baku are virtually a non-issue.

What interesting though, is that a U.K. odds bookie has declared Tokyo "odds-on" favorite for the 2020 Games. But like GB announced in it's newswire, this firm is not taking in all the other intangibles that IOC members usually vote on,

I think it really is in Asia - but it is debatable! - on the some longitude as Iran!

I meant purely by sport. Azerbaijan is apart of the European block in every governing body for sport, so the IOC will view Baku as European.

Baku-koo is the next Detroit! :lol:

But Detroit had a serious chance of winning/hosting when they were bidding. Baku does not.

Yeah, between Rome & Istanbul, that is. And to a lesser extent Tokyo & Madrid. While Doha & Baku are virtually a non-issue.

What interesting though, is that a U.K. odds bookie has declared Tokyo "odds-on" favorite for the 2020 Games. But like GB announced in it's newswire, this firm is not taking in all the other intangibles that IOC members usually vote on,

Turkey has few friends amongst the elites of the IOC and international sport. They have consistently been out-performed in every sporting race they have entered and they cannot count on either the Middle-Eastern or European votes within the IOC. ME will go Doha and then Tokyo and Europe will be firmly behind Rome and Madrid.

Yeah, & I'll bet some Manat's that one of those 5 was LD, too. :lol:

But seriously, they'll score low on security, being in the Caucasus & only 300 miles away from Tehran. They'll score low again on infrastructure & accommodations, since they're one of the smallest of the 6 applicants behind Doha.

Plus, they're only a stones throw away from Sochi. And it's a much smaller, less sexy, knock-off version of Istanbul. It's really a non-starter of a bid.

Tokyo is a stones throw away from pyeongchang

Rome and Madrid are also pretty close to London aswell for that matter

There is a difference between sumemr and winter but if your saying that sochi wil affect that bid pyeongchang should affect tokyo plus sochi to 2020 is 6 years. pyeongchang to tokyo is only 2 years. and then rome and madrid is 8 years BUT its summer not winter which could affect it more

Till now 48 members casted their votes. The trend is between istanbul and rome.

But to get a clear view for the forthcoming months we have to invite other members who didn't vote yet.

The much more casted votes, the much more objective result we can become. (between GB members of course)

nice!

Which Cities make the Candidates Shortlist for 2020?

Rome, Istanbul, Madrid, Tokyo and Doha

Who do you think will win the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games?

Rome!

Who would you LIKE to win the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games?

#1 Rome

but Istanbul would be fine too... :)

Archived