The Best 2016 Logo So Far

What is your favorite 2016 bid logo so far?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 5 so far...

• Chicago
    • Doha
    • Madrid
    • Prague
    • Tokyo

The thing that bothers me about the Prague logo is that one leaf isn't attached to stem at all. Also, in the old version, the lines made by the laurel (?) were neater. Now there is that random blue one that, to me, is distracting.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing that bothers me about the Prague logo is that one leaf isn't attached to stem at all. Also, in the old version, the lines made by the laurel (?) were neater. Now there is that random blue one that, to me, is distracting.

I know. This will stump the IOC and all Olympic business will come to a halt until Prague bows out or this matter is cleared up.

I know. This will stump the IOC and all Olympic business will come to a halt until Prague bows out or this matter is cleared up.

Ha. Logo's don't even matter really, not in the bigger picture of the bid anyway. Still, it just looks weird.

1 - Tokyo (I like it a lot - perhaps subconscious memories of london's bid logo which I also liked)

2 - Chicago (although preferred the initial flame version)

3 - Baku (but it does look slightly Winter Olympics to me!)

4 - Rio (is it a sliced melon of some variety?)

5 - Prague

6 - Doha

7 - Madrid (their 2012 bid logo was far better)

4 - Rio (is it a sliced melon of some variety?)

Yes, it is... :huh: Rio wants to make the first Melon-lympics... :lol:

Seriously:

It's a heart (with two minor hearts inside) representing the sugar loaf mountain and the curves from beaches and parks of Rio.

You can see also a sunset behind sugar loaf mountain.

There are other meanings for Brazilian people like: The Apoteosis Plaza (where Carnaval parade is hosted), two sea-birds (remembers the birds from PanAm logo), a bikini and the brazilian flag colors.

And some non-sense meanings like: The city of Tres Coracoes (Three Hearts) is where Pele was born. Now, it's added the sliced melon version... <_<

As for me, the ranking by logo is this way:

1. Tokyo

2. Chicago

3. Baku

4. Rio

5. Madrid

6. Prague

7. Doha

P.S. I think since Baku non-official logo was awful, the official one could be better. And yes, it is not bad,but not that cool i was waiting for :(

Now I've seen them all...

1. Tokyo - bright, colourful, striking and very, very Japanese and modern.

2. Chicago - very bold and strong. Very American. A great brand.

3. Baku - it's also very 80's - but it just kind if works. It is striking. Reminds me of the Athens pictograms for some reason.

4. Rio de Janeiro - its very blah, but it's better than some of the others.

5. Prague - simple, basic - very late 80's.

6. Madrid - so many better options.

7. Doha - I support their bid, but hate the logo. It's messy.

My rank:

1. Rio... the best, but not really Olympic

2. Chicago... closer to Rio, but second only because the first version was much better.

3. Baku... clear and interesting but works much better for WOG

4. Tokio... simple and modern

5. Prague... the other options were better, but I don't think it's a bad logo

6. Doha... interesting but confusing.

7. Madrid... argh!

For me, on of the worse logos is Chicago. All what you can expect from an American bid city. A star. That is boring! Squaw Valley, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and now Chicago's bid. Seems there is nothing better in their minds. I like Baku, Rio and Tokyo. Then Prague looks interesting. Madrid is also awful.

SLOW DOWN ,my Bro! You are doing this with annoyance. I don't think Chicago logo is really bad to say. Atleast, it expresses something about a state of Ameriaca and something also about Olympic but least likely to be expected from the "Ameica-wonder" we all know.

Anyway, I just love the Rio logo and it's the best .

For me, on of the worse logos is Chicago. All what you can expect from an American bid city. A star. That is boring! Squaw Valley, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and now Chicago's bid. Seems there is nothing better in their minds. I like Baku, Rio and Tokyo. Then Prague looks interesting. Madrid is also awful.

The first Chicago's logo was very pretty but they used the torch (What a mistake!!!), then they made some changes and putted the star in the middle. It got worst, but it's not ugly at all.

No comparision with Madrid's one... It's poor for a culturally rich country.

Chicago's and Madrid's colors are great!

But what's Doha's and PRAGUE's meaning?

I wish someone can explain what Doha and Prague logo really symbolize. Aleast, they well have meanings. Who knows?

Sorry , about that.

Tokyo - Truly Japanese. Japanese can relate to them but foreigners ?

Chicago - Not bad .

Madrid - Its ok but can be better.

Rio - Its colourful and its shape is unique .

Doha - I don't see how Green & Purple match looks like an orchid.

Prague - Is it Barley , Wheat or Rice ? o.0

Baku - Horid . Gold and Times New Roman do not match. Reminded me of a logo of a Thai Department store.

After all these choices made here what next?

I think these nations should do something about bringing their logos out for critics to make observations in a wide spectrum and create a poll like the one( Gamaesbid.com has really made history here which I beleive every NOC organizing committee must do) before unveilling them.

I am still saying it here Chicago really need to impress me as an American(USA) city but it's not doing that yet!

I kinda like Madrid's logo.. better than the red "tongue" they had for 2012...

Tokyo's logo seems not so original.. looks like London 2012 bid logo.

Doha's is too messy

Rio's logo would be good for Earth Summit or something.. not the olympics..

Baku's logo just made me laugh.. not good

Chicago is not creative enough.. can't any US city get rid of the star in their logos?

Prague... too leafy (refer Rio)

Archived