My fellow Indonesians claimed that the singing part is bad because it's before the flame and it caused a messed concept. Do you agree with it?

1 minute ago, hektor said:

So this underwhelming ceremony is one of the first consequences of Agenda 2020 ?

More like the consequences of Dilma/Lula and his gang of commietards wrecking up Brazil economy. 

That cauldron reminds me of the sun that used to be in Disney's California Adventure.

Just now, thatsnotmypuppy said:

That kenetic cauldron is stunning. Just beautiful.

it looks like something from a level of tomb raider where lara'd have to find five keys to light the cauldron and make the sculpture spin to open the big door.

• Like 1

Very sad Pele pulled out though as the person who lit the cauldron is somewhat of a nobody to most people (to me anyway, i'm probably just unaware but they said bronze medalist?). Should've gotten an athlete who is a sure thing for gold, to make it memorable like Cathy Freeman. Or Guga to do the last part, he was a number 1 in tennis

• Like 1

Very simple cauldron, but the kinetic sculpture made up for it and makes it look very stunning. The way it was lit was kinda boring though. Also it reminds me a lot of Doha 2006. Like, a lot. 

Nice cauldron, although I do not like the fact that like for London 2012 it is not visible from outside the stadium.

Perfect choice for the final cauldron lighter

Jesus and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

very different kind of cauldron. Its low emissions so keeps with the theme of the ceremony. 

1 minute ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

So.................... I'm guessing we are done?

The first 45 minutes were superb.  The rest - meh.  Nice cauldron lighting though.

This.

It's beautiful but it's only 30% of a cauldron...