Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We couldn't have an OC without the live chat! I'm surprised no-one started the thread a week ago.

 

Anyway, here it is ready for all of us to share our thoughts, joys and cringes as they happen (unless you're on an NBC delayed broadcast). And hopefully some of the lucky members there will be able to post from the stadium itself.

 

Just about 24 hours to go! Looking forward to some Brazilian partying!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

We couldn't have an OC without the live chat! I'm surprised no-one started the thread a week ago.

 

Anyway, here it is ready for all of us to share our thoughts, joys and cringes as they happen (unless you're on an NBC delayed broadcast). And hopefully some of the lucky members there will be able to post from the stadium itself.

 

Just about 24 hours to go! Looking forward to some Brazilian partying!

 

Luckily the BBC does not do a delayed broadcast even though its midnight her when the OC begins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's on at nice civilised time here in Oz - broadcast starts at 9:30am Saturday morning.

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

 

singularidad.jpg

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had in my head that it started 2am BST. Don't know why I thought that.

OK, it's a date then. May fall asleep during it, but hopefully not because of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Well, it's on at nice civilised time here in Oz - broadcast starts at 9:30am Saturday morning.

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

 

singularidad.jpg

Hope you don't miss the start of the telecast in Oz. 

In Rio, OC starts Fri 20:00 BRT (8pm).

In Oz, Ch7 telecast starts in WA Sat at 04:00 WST,   OC starts 07:00 WST.

- in SA/NT, Ch7 telecast starts Sat 05:30 CST.      OC starts 08:30 CST.

- in QLD/NSW/VIC/TAS, Ch7 telecast starts Sat 06:00 EST,    OC starts 09:00 EST.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Rols said:

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

singularidad.jpg

Love the Pan de Quesos!  I might have to settle for toast n tea here in melb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the alert - I'd just checked the Freeview guide and yesterday they had it at 9:30 - but now I see they say 9. The TV would have been on to Channel 7 well before anyway - though I can usually do without all the studio filler before they switch to the OBS feed of the ceremony.

At least Eddie Maguire won't be commentating this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deffo midnight. This time in 24 hours, the OC broadcast will have started here. 

*just got shivers writing that. Is it really 4 years? West Ham opened the rebuilt stadium tonight. Enjoy it Brazil, it'll be over before you think it's started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Rols said:

Thanks for the alert - I'd just checked the Freeview guide and yesterday they had it at 9:30 - but now I see they say 9. The TV would have been on to Channel 7 well before anyway - though I can usually do without all the studio filler before they switch to the OBS feed of the ceremony.

At least Eddie Maguire won't be commentating this time.

Yes! Thank goodness he isn't opening his mouth.

I'll prob watch the filler as hopefully they'll do a lookaround at venues and some of the sights and sounds of Rio, OC replays, etc. But will have to set the alarm to be awake again at OC start as you're right, it is a very long lead-in telecast.

My hubby will be in bed snoring until halfway through OC, like he does every morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody tell me if Univision is broadcasting it? I saw some segments from them of the last games in London whilst broadcasted via WORA-DT. The same with WIPR-DT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Well, it's on at nice civilised time here in Oz - broadcast starts at 9:30am Saturday morning.

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

 

singularidad.jpg

Pão de Queijo is great :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After two olympics openings in a row unable to join the live chat due to studies/work, I think i'll finally be able to join for this year. 

Seems like yesterday when we were seeing a green pleasant land being changed by the Industrial revolution. I hope tomorrow shows that you can still do something impressive with low budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Well, it's on at nice civilised time here in Oz - broadcast starts at 9:30am Saturday morning.

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

 

singularidad.jpg

It's Pão de Queijo, Sir.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

It's Pão de Queijo, Sir.

 

I stand corrected. Get's confusing when your hubby's a Spanish speaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if am repeating a question but,

Any one know where to watch the OC ONLINE in the US?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ceremony starts at 11am Saturday morning here in New Zealand

I am planning not to leave the house, especially as its due to be raining most of the day in Wellington, so I will be wrapped up warm with coffee, waffles , eggs and bacon...not very Brazillian i know but need to keep my strength up for the 16 days of constant sports ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ozkar said:

sorry if am repeating a question but,

Any one know where to watch the OC ONLINE in the US?

 

 

It will be live in EST; otherwise, probably not.  Remember, NBC paid $1.226 BILLION for these Games.  They're just not going to give it away to anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we need to start a chat for the east coast NBC coverage and one for the West coast NBC coverage I really want to be apart of the live chat but living in LA means seeing it on a 4 hour delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

It will be live in EST; otherwise, probably not.  Remember, NBC paid $1.226 BILLION for these Games.  They're just not going to give it away to anyone. 

All that money yet those twats will still have the audacity to stuff commercials in between the pageantry.

I'm watching it live on TV but if anyone finds a link online where we can watch it without commercial interruptions I will greatly appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alphamale86 said:

Do we need to start a chat for the east coast NBC coverage and one for the West coast NBC coverage I really want to be apart of the live chat but living in LA means seeing it on a 4 hour delay.

Usually those who have delayed coverage just continue their own chat on this thread amongst themselves  when their broadcast is on - just don't look back if you don't want spoilers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those fireworks are going to be epic in general. Honestly, I'm looking forward to this opening.

Doesn't the IOC have a live feed on OBS? I feel like since 2012 they have had a live stream for every opening ceremony (winter, youth, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...