2018 Decision Live Chat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the campaign for 2020--today's landslide vote is an obvious sign that 2020 is going to Europe.

Well...give South Africa until August 31st before you declare that. I am sure many in that crowd were joshing the South African president to throw their hat into the 2020 race.

BTW, didn't that Convention Center feel like a studio in Hollywood or in Brooklyn? Was it really in Durban? :blink:

That was how it seemed to me from the get-go. We'll see.... It would be tacky for them to announce too soon. The French must realize they're perceived as being arrogant. I expect them to lie low for a while and then milk their losses for all they're worth with their next Paris bid.

The problem actually is that is a clear cut between olympic tradition and the tradition to do business before thinking of olympic spirit.

Which is the best to follow ? Greece would not be near bankrupcy if they would have followed the olympic tradition and keep some money.

Because 2020 is apparently Europe's to lose, I'd steer clear of it if I were Germany. Don't mess with the likes of Rome, Madrid, Paris -- you might have a shot, but it's not worth it.

Stick with Munich for 2022 where your odds are much better.

Europe 2020 and Europe 2022 is not remotely far-fetched.

Well THANK GOD, we won't have to listen to you for a LOOONNNGGGGGG TIME!

F*ck you! You deserve these words.

It does nothing wrong with me to love my hometown city. Although I'm not living there.(I'm in Beijing now), I have dream the city to bid since 2004. I'm shame on your words.

2020 is definitely going to be a very exciting race, certainly the IOC may be forced to cull some big hitters out just because of sheer numbers?

F*ck you! You deserve these words.

It does nothing wrong with me to love my hometown city. Although I'm not living there.(I'm in Beijing now), I have dream the city to bid since 2004. I'm shame on your words.

Liu, stick with your dream. It's great that you're proud of your city. Still, there is a whole world out there and the IOC likes to move things around....

2020 is so going to be the battle of big europeans capitals + maybe an african or north american city.

Madrid

Roma

Berlin

Mexico

Cape town

I would love such a race lol

Mexico??

Cape Town? If South Africa finally bids for 2020, which still seems unlikely, it will probably be with Durban.

I also have doubts about Berlin.

2020 is so going to be the battle of big europeans capitals + maybe an african or north american city.

Madrid

Roma

Berlin

Mexico

Cape town

I would love such a race lol

I think Tokyo will try it again too. Why do you think Mexico?

Archived