Why Are My Post Subjected To Reviews?

Did you sleep well, michelle?

Who said this is the real world? I like to think GB is a parallel universe to the IOC -- after all, isn't that the main raison d'etre of the forum? To discuss, 2nd guess the IOC (and its site selection process?). So we sort of 'mirror' them and their foibles and exceptions. :)

'james' was a DRAG and a PAIN in THE BUTT; the new 'zenica' was nothing but a 'usurper' of the previous user and a blubbering ediot. :( The 2 (and resulting fallout from their posts) wasted just too much bandwidth. Can't you see that? (I for one don't like the 'Ignore' button. I like to face and see what is actually happening around me. Am not a 'denialist.')

So the present set-up works. Now stop playing Michelle Berlioz, Michelle. Juan S got rid of her almost 2 decades ago. Pick another IOC personality. I think Princesses Anne or Nora would suit you quite well. ;)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems strange that homophobia appears to be viewed by some posters here as more deserving of punishment than racism or islamophobia - as long as you don't offend the gays on this forum you are able to say anything you like! :blink:

It seems strange that homophobia appears to be viewed by some posters here as more deserving of punishment than racism or islamophobia - as long as you don't offend the gays on this forum you are able to say anything you like! :blink:

well, it's not a perfect world. WHo ever said it was.

I have seen obscenities, from forum regulars, which are not even addressed. If we are going to limit individuals for misconduct, then it should affect every single member of this website, and not only those who are chastised by the majority. We all need to watch our tongue. I would be willing to play with those rules, but would others?

James isn't the issue, he has merely highlighted the hypocrisy of the 'elite members' on GB.

I admit myself that I'm not always watching my tongue either. For example, if someone like James repeatedly makes offensive remarks in this forum, it can happen that I make offensive remarks in his direction as well. For example, I shouldn't have said that he should be straitjacketed. But I was very enraged by his continued respectless and snotty behaviour after other members pointed out that he can't call other members "lazy" just because they ask for some exam advice.

But unlike James, I recognise when I've gone a step too far. And I usually refrain from respectless, personally insulting comments.

So I've never said (and I think that applies to many other members as well) that I'm perfect and make no mistakes. And so it's out of place to speak of "hypocrisy".

Just a reminder - James isn't banned, his posts just need to be approved by a moderator before they appear. Since this has been put in place he hasn't even bothered posting.

I'm not surprised.In his shoes,neither would I!

On another note, Zenica has a 30 day total ban and nobody seems concerned.

I doubt anyone has noticed.30 days is not that long.Many regular posters have often been absent for much longer than that!

Most of us seem to agree that Zenica has either had some sort of mental breakdown or some troll-like substitute has taken over his ID and password!

Michelle is right that there has been a lot of personal attacks, and disrespectful/hateful speech that goes around here. It comes and goes and its unfortunate that members like Vol, goethe, bernard and others are not around as much because of such things.

But the thing is if people don't complain how can the mod respond? I doubt a lot of baron's posts have been reported, unlike a lot of James'.

I have not been here through maixu, but have been here through Leafs Fan, and we all remember how wonderful it was to see him go through the door and in my mind James would be no different.

Omg, bernard. I miss bernard. He was so insightful.

Anyway, QUOTE:

"It seems strange that homophobia appears to be viewed by some posters here as more deserving of punishment than racism or Islamophobia - as long as you don't offend the gays on this forum you are able to say anything you like." :blink: UNQUOTE

Well, this statement seems to be indirectly offensive in a way. But anyway, considering it's safe to assume that there are a lot of gay members on this forum, compared to any other minority, it's only human nature. If this were a mainly black or muslim forum (or whatever other minority you'd like to fill in the blank with), their lack of reaction to other offensive minority remarks would harldy make them blink an eye, either.

I've always found it amazing the level of hypocrisy on ALL minorities (gays, blacks, latinos, asians, catholics, italians, etc, etc), that get offended & yell out "racism, discrimination" or whatever when it comes to their own, but don't even bat an eye or say anything when the offenses are thrown at others that are not like them.

Anyway, QUOTE:

"It seems strange that homophobia appears to be viewed by some posters here as more deserving of punishment than racism or Islamophobia - as long as you don't offend the gays on this forum you are able to say anything you like." :blink: UNQUOTE

Well, this statement seems to be indirectly offensive in a way. But anyway, considering it's safe to assume that there are a lot of gay members on this forum, compared to any other minority, it's only human nature. If this were a mainly black or muslim forum (or whatever other minority you'd like to fill in the blank with), their lack of reaction to other offensive minority remarks would harldy make them blink an eye, either.

I've always found it amazing the level of hypocrisy on ALL minorities (gays, blacks, latinos, asians, catholics, italians, etc, etc), that get offended & yell out "racism, discrimination" or whatever when it comes to their own, but don't even bat an eye or say anything when the offenses are thrown at others that are not like them.

I am gay.

I think being gay also makes me more empathetic towards other groups that are subjected to discrimination (although I'm beginning to feel I'm alone with these sentiments, on this forum at least). That's a reason, despite being white and British, that I'm offended by comments in this forum implying that all Muslims are terrorists and other idiotic posts by some here.

btw. I miss bernard too - he was one of the people on here who one could have a proper debate with without silly name calling or loss of temper.

I will tell you the reason ABUJA got ripped off . Plan and simple and guys like you Will probably be down at the Pub with your buddies when a black person goes by saying Look at the N word person and snicker and laff . Ha ha their goes someone who is subhuman to me .

The latest from JJ. I've already reported this post and asked the mod how he can possibly justify not banning this member. That's not the sort of thing I want to be reading here and I defy anyone to defend his continuing presence in this forum.

He may well be, but at least he'll get to know how he's thought of here.

And anyway, he's entitled to ask why his posts are being reviewed, and its not a bad thing for all of us to debate the limits, or not, of free expression here.

Well here is where I am going to weigh in and I am sure this will go down well. First of All in regards to James. This is a young man that has a belief in Christ that seems to be what I witnessed in Nigeria Personally with many people there. I am truly a None believer but was totally comfortable with what I found in Nigeria. Is it my cup of tea? absolutely not . But do I condemn his right to believe in a god? no not at all i would defend your right to happiness to the death as repression of religion or gay bashing is totally unacceptable. phrasing a religion may offend some but not I. I was offered by the right hand men of the Abuja 2014 committee to go to the National Church in Abuja after the fact on Monday and I would have found that totally unbearable. I would however be cool to go to please my hosts who were of the greatest of humanity and character despite the Labels and Characterizations that some have put on them here Falsely.

There are more moral characters in churches and gay bars probably then I and I have more of a moral center then some in both those places. I was in Nigeria and I witnessed the country myself not relying on the endless PAP that comes out of western news agencies that colors your simple view as these blackest of Black Africans being some backwards subhuman monsters. That is the feeling I get from this forum every once in a while. remember we all came from the riff valley in Kenya where ever you are . Don't think you are so much different then your fellow man with a different skin color and a different set of values. The person who does not tolerate is the lesser person.

Now you Sir Roltel I have my clashes with and you can called me homophonic which I find Highly offensive because I tell what the laws are in regards to all these commonwealth nations in regards to the Anti Abuja bid Gay lobby. I actually sat down and read the Anti Abuja gay document and found incredible disservice to how HIV was spread in Africa. What I cannot accept is total ignorance of history or the twisting of it for an agenda no matter what it is .

Those are researchable facts not how I would personally want the world what so ever. I don't condemn you for what you relayed to me as your lifestyle but I also don't endorse religion or homosexual lifestyles either. It makes no difference to me how you smoke you deli products. One day I used the f word on you in anger which I am truly sorry for that but you pushed my buttons a little too far. On the other hand I have also enjoyed your tid bits as well and have agreed with you on some points. Forcing religion or lifestyles on people to me is equally as bad but I tolerate both not thinking for a nanosecond somehow that it is not a valid human being behind the keyboard making that post of his or hers beliefs.

I dont subscribe to the point of View that becasue anyone has been here for a decade or more that they have anymore rights . this is not a labor union with seniority. You can be as ignorant stupid and arrogant from day one that this site was opened to decusion as you could be Smart, Knowing and and humble at the same time . Again no one has a high ground here just some have some unique knowledge and views.

The problem I see here is a clash of backgrounds, beliefs and opinions. To me it is stupid to bring up John McCain and Ellen in regards to this forum unless this is a forum devoted to Gay lifestyles Versus Right Wing politics influenced by Christian religion which is really getting off topic and into the bounds of tolerance ON BOTH SIDES . Sadly McCain and the issue may just influence votes from a liberal Europe for a 2016 Chicago bid which would be totally unfair. Personally I think McCain's stance on the occupying Nations would have the same or greater damaging effect on the Chicago bid then the Ellen show.

Or Chicago could win if the USOC caves into the Demands of some lefties from European which they should not do at all.

Totally sad if it happens but hey that can come from areas of the world that can't keep themselves from continental land wars for the last couple of centuries or run an enterrpize like the olympics realistically and profitably Historical FACT.

If this degrades into intolerance of others opinions then it serves no purpose then to just piss people off. Just because someone does not believe in your agenda for whatever doesn't mean they are a lesser person then you. That is the very vibe I get sometimes with this forum . Rob Livingstone is hugely tolerant of difference of opinion expressed I would suggest some here take his example and think about it . Me I just love the history and the facts which I find all the time that make up a real educated opinion whether you like it or not .

Baron your just a plain poop ruffler and I am ok with that because again I tolerance you Arkwark and Sir Roltel for your very flip and intolerant digs that I love to fire back at you at times with my own . I take it as a joke most of the times .

Keeping Religion and Sexual lifestyles off the Forum I would not miss because when it comes down to it both social issues they really have nothing to do with Sports festivals except that people try to spin an influence on them somehow. I think every voting member of the IOC. Commonwealth Games. Fifa and other sports festivals is way above intolerance and hence why the games are in Beijing this year LOL for better or worse.

Whether you like it or not

Jim jones

The latest from JJ. I've already reported this post and asked the mod how he can possibly justify not banning this member. That's not the sort of thing I want to be reading here and I defy anyone to defend his continuing presence in this forum.

well Rob glad you like that because frankly it is too bad you don't seen to remember comments about every Nigerian having to carry AK 47s in Abuja from personal protection that was posted and is totally untrue and still people would think it . Face it there are some here , and I mean the subject of that post, who actually said that absurd statement last year about 11 months ago . again I have dealt with some of the Very lowest from personal experience onboard the queen mary 2 itself and they are certainly no English gentlemen but rather a bunch unresponsible drunks on the job . Not all Englishmen are gentlemen and not all gentlemen are actually English face the facts . I at one time would have been one of those stupid souls if I did not have the background I have . You see it everywhere and it is not just restricted to england ,white , black , asians or anyone. I see in Rural Nova Scotia That is my point.

the fact is I was in Abuja I did witness the place and I know the other side of the mispresenting of the country which had gone on these boards even after I came back and reported being told I was full of Sh t . and again you post the out of context to suit yourself . I thing Rob livingstone makes some fairly good choices on both sides of the fence. but of course hey your agenda is slanted to suit your needs. really if you don't want to read it here go and watch some TV. I am sure Euro vision song contest is on. Again are you entitled to your opinion sure do you have any moral high ground no .

jim jones

I am gay.

I think being gay also makes me more empathetic towards other groups that are subjected to discrimination (although I'm beginning to feel I'm alone with these sentiments, on this forum at least). That's a reason, despite being white and British, that I'm offended by comments in this forum implying that all Muslims are terrorists and other idiotic posts by some here.

btw. I miss bernard too - he was one of the people on here who one could have a proper debate with without silly name calling or loss of temper.

and guess what Stu this will be a huge shock to you and your fellow countrymen here . The best boss I ever had that I respect as a total human being is a GAY BRITISH cruise director.

a guy that was tolerate, polite ,professional, humble and intelligent beyond most people . Does it mean I think he hasn't had his share of problems with intolerant people ? Sure he has but he was not your classic Queen and probably did not have to endure what a person of color cannot help or some gay guys that natural femine side. Or even hetrosexual guys mistaken for a gay guy because of appearance or the way they talk . I am not getting into a argument of gays turning on or off their identity I person think it is mythology that it can be turned on or off. just if you are black then you have no possible way of hiding that unless you are Michael Jackson never seen from birth and bleached your skin .

I can witness discrimination , I could know the pain of a friend discriminated against but I will never know what it is too be in their shoes or skin.

That is why I press for a Commonwealth Games in Abuja. because I have seen the other side of the coin and there are very very good people in that country who deserve way better then the crap I see flung at them on a daily basis. If you personally experience an pain at the hands of hate then it really does matter the reason for that.

jim jones

Anyway, QUOTE:

the thing is if you were muslim or black and you saw what went on with Abuja 2014 in that debate making Nigerians out in some cases to subhuman or living in total poverty from these people who have not experienced first hand Nigeria would you stick around ? There were actually a few nigerians on this forum aside from James one being Tbite and another being le phillipe I Believe. How jerks on this site treated the kid probably made some older more mature Nigerian posters say screw this . Certainly the spector of the sour grapes by the committee press officer of Abuja 2014 ,who I met personally and sat in a tv studio interview in Nigeria and said to the country why they should host the games for the future legacy of their youth, reflexes a viewpoint that could be justified.

This press officer is Mitchell Obi a highly respected Tv sports journalist in Africa being the president of his continental sport journalism association .

Even a columnist in a Sydney Australian Paper questioned why Abuja was not given the games simply or fairness to the african continent over the non need for scotland a place of a mere 6 million to host the commonwealth games 3 times in the space of 44 years . You have some very bitter feelings and their diaspora are everywhere. 30 percent of the maintenence employees for london Trains are actually west african . There are more Nigerian doctors in the US at 21000 MDs then there are in Nigeria itself. you dont think the word gets around or the last thing these people would want is to be on a board talking of how bad their country is ?

How about if you were someone from Doha and you had the carpet ripped from underneath your bid by the IOC would you be interested in something you are being denied and will probably never get to host because western nations can't host these events enough times ? Sports festivals are not exactly Blazing trails into Africa, South America , west Asia, the Middle East , Central America or the Carribean despite those parts of the world having the bulk of the population and the rapidly growing economies as ours fall to their knees miered in debt and economic problems. Seems like a huge White Nations club basically with a token gesture to here and there to host for political correctness and a facade of universal human equally. New Delhi the capital city of the largest country in the commonwealth for population took how long until it hosted the games and how many bids ? and does it look that India will host the olympics soon ? Gosh I could not even stomach some of the answers for where the olympics would be held in the next 50 years simply because nowheres did it see anything but East Asia, Europe and North America showing just how narrow the thinking is here in general and how little people here know about the way economic power is shifting . Imagine Istabul with the venues they have built being denied how many times in a row? Do you think a turk would be possibly interested in talk of another bunch of christian nations hosting a sports festival? I say this all as a white person who just see it as a big farce.

Again put your self in those situations and then think of places like London hosting a 3 times and blowing tons of money and not being able to properly estimate or control costs with monies mostly earned from the old colonies of the British Empire including a Shell Oil which is a Dutch and British Company taking huge profits and killing the environment in Nigeria at will for decades on end. All Historical Facts . Nigeria is just one example there are plenty of others that would say screw talking about the olympics or sports festivals lets devote our economies into empowerment owning the White worlds debts and then we will foreclose on our former colonial masters. that is exactly the mess many western countries have been headed into for the last decade. with the talk you see here of Brazil cant do this or Nigeria is not ready or so on and so forth do you think that is a place those very loyal and proud people want to come to?

jim jones

Well here is where I am going to weigh in and I am sure this will go down well. First of All in regards to James. This is a young man that has a belief in Christ that seems to be what I witnessed in Nigeria Personally with many people there. I am truly a None believer but was totally comfortable with what I found in Nigeria. Is it my cup of tea? absolutely not . But do I condemn his right to believe in a god? no not at all i would defend your right to happiness to the death as repression of religion or gay bashing is totally unacceptable. phrasing a religion may offend some but not I. I was offered by the right hand men of the Abuja 2014 committee to go to the National Church in Abuja after the fact on Monday and I would have found that totally unbearable. I would however be cool to go to please my hosts who were of the greatest of humanity and character despite the Labels and Characterizations that some have put on them here Falsely.

There are more moral characters in churches and gay bars probably then I and I have more of a moral center then some in both those places. I was in Nigeria and I witnessed the country myself not relying on the endless PAP that comes out of western news agencies that colors your simple view as these blackest of Black Africans being some backwards subhuman monsters. That is the feeling I get from this forum every once in a while. remember we all came from the riff valley in Kenya where ever you are . Don't think you are so much different then your fellow man with a different skin color and a different set of values. The person who does not tolerate is the lesser person.

Now you Sir Roltel I have my clashes with and you can called me homophonic which I find Highly offensive because I tell what the laws are in regards to all these commonwealth nations in regards to the Anti Abuja bid Gay lobby. I actually sat down and read the Anti Abuja gay document and found incredible disservice to how HIV was spread in Africa. What I cannot accept is total ignorance of history or the twisting of it for an agenda no matter what it is .

Those are researchable facts not how I would personally want the world what so ever. I don't condemn you for what you relayed to me as your lifestyle but I also don't endorse religion or homosexual lifestyles either. It makes no difference to me how you smoke you deli products. One day I used the f word on you in anger which I am truly sorry for that but you pushed my buttons a little too far. On the other hand I have also enjoyed your tid bits as well and have agreed with you on some points. Forcing religion or lifestyles on people to me is equally as bad but I tolerate both not thinking for a nanosecond somehow that it is not a valid human being behind the keyboard making that post of his or hers beliefs.

I dont subscribe to the point of View that becasue anyone has been here for a decade or more that they have anymore rights . this is not a labor union with seniority. You can be as ignorant stupid and arrogant from day one that this site was opened to decusion as you could be Smart, Knowing and and humble at the same time . Again no one has a high ground here just some have some unique knowledge and views.

The problem I see here is a clash of backgrounds, beliefs and opinions. To me it is stupid to bring up John McCain and Ellen in regards to this forum unless this is a forum devoted to Gay lifestyles Versus Right Wing politics influenced by Christian religion which is really getting off topic and into the bounds of tolerance ON BOTH SIDES . Sadly McCain and the issue may just influence votes from a liberal Europe for a 2016 Chicago bid which would be totally unfair. Personally I think McCain's stance on the occupying Nations would have the same or greater damaging effect on the Chicago bid then the Ellen show.

Or Chicago could win if the USOC caves into the Demands of some lefties from European which they should not do at all.

Totally sad if it happens but hey that can come from areas of the world that can't keep themselves from continental land wars for the last couple of centuries or run an enterrpize like the olympics realistically and profitably Historical FACT.

If this degrades into intolerance of others opinions then it serves no purpose then to just piss people off. Just because someone does not believe in your agenda for whatever doesn't mean they are a lesser person then you. That is the very vibe I get sometimes with this forum . Rob Livingstone is hugely tolerant of difference of opinion expressed I would suggest some here take his example and think about it . Me I just love the history and the facts which I find all the time that make up a real educated opinion whether you like it or not .

Baron your just a plain poop ruffler and I am ok with that because again I tolerance you Arkwark and Sir Roltel for your very flip and intolerant digs that I love to fire back at you at times with my own . I take it as a joke most of the times .

Keeping Religion and Sexual lifestyles off the Forum I would not miss because when it comes down to it both social issues they really have nothing to do with Sports festivals except that people try to spin an influence on them somehow. I think every voting member of the IOC. Commonwealth Games. Fifa and other sports festivals is way above intolerance and hence why the games are in Beijing this year LOL for better or worse.

Whether you like it or not

Jim jones

Okay, you wanna debate this Jim?

I don't know why you're picking on me on this issue _ I've been one of the most tolerant and of James here. At times, it's only been myself and Rob who have stuck up for him. And yes, I have understood and urged that people allow for the fact that he is young, unworldly and his english language skills let him down at times. I don't think it is his views on homosexuality that have got him in the predicament he is in now _ he hasn't mentioned it in a while. More his on-going clumsiness in negotiating the mores and and interactions of these forums. Yes, his continued need to preach his religious beliefs and continually denounce those of a significant section here have not won him many friends, but he has also, if you will have bothered following this debate, attacked one member for having an eating disorder, berated another member as "lazy" because he was overseas and hadn't posted for a while, said another was lazy for asking advice on school exams etc etc etc. I admire his feistiness, and have said so, and certainly don't think he's a deliberate troll. And he's NOT being banned. He is really only being given warning that he should think before he posts, which is good advice for anybody on any forum. It's simply a matter of respect.

Which brings me to YOU. If anybody has shown disrespect for other people's views and opinions on this board, it's you. You are the last person who can lecture the board on tolerance, as your most recent posts labelling Arwebb in particular and the bulk of members here in general racist (``Look at the N word person and snicker and laff . Ha ha their goes someone who is subhuman to me`'). And it's not the first time. It's what poisoned nearly all debate over the 2014 CWGs race, and you were the chief instigator. When it came to anyone who did not unquestionably endorse Abuja 100 per cent with no reservations, who didn't agree with you that it was a "perfect'' bid with nothing negative about it, who dared suggest that the bid might have shortcomings, who dared to think there were more responsible places to stage a games, you resorted time and time again to labelling them racist whites who just wanted to keep the blacks down. Time and time again, when no-one else was mentioning race, your main argument in favour of Abuja was that it was time that the debts of slavery were paid. Indeed, you confidently stated time and time again that race was the trump card that would ensure Abuja would cruise to any easy victory (or one of the trump cards _ you also took glee and were ROTFLYAO over the fact that you were counting on the anti-gay laws of many Commonwealth nations as also a plus for Abuja). If anybody has been obsessed with skin colour as the main determiner of anyone's fitness to host or not, it has been YOU. To the point that you tend to ignore any other argument of merits _ technical, financial, social, geopolitical _ to the point where race was the be-all and end-all with you. Even to the point where some of the Nigerians you lured over here labelled your comments racist.

Even further than that, it seems you didn't learn your lesson from 2014 and your attempts at character assasinations have extended beyond that particular bidding campaign. When I stated in recent months that I supported Rio's 2016 bid though questioned their prepardness (something which I have consistently done and have been on the record for) you stated I was a liar and anti-Rio and a racist and didn't like Latin Americans for the colour of their skin. Funny, then, that my partner and love of 10 years is Latino (of a native American indian hue), that I am about to marry him, that I have travelled through South America, that I have stayed with families and enjoyed their hospitality in some of the poorest areas of the continent. If anything, I have a reputation here for having a predeliction for Latinos. Similarly, you seem to claim to have some sort of ``experience'' with Africa that nobody else here has. Again, let me tell you I have travelled in Africa _ Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, Sudan. I've seen some or the poorest areas, stayed in luxury and also stayed in some of the simplest, most basic of accomodations. I've very good friends here from Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi. Don't you dare lecture me about my regard for race! And don't think you're the only one on this forum who has been to Africa.

People sow what they reap, and if you think you are hard done by and disrespected here, it is only by the attitude you have taken here. The rest of us can debate, argue and even get heated at times, but not cause the same level of spite you bring to the board. Ultimately, we all get the respect we bring on ourselves. My posting record speaks for itself _ as does yours. Spare us your self-proclaimed and disengenuous "I'm just a poor persecuted warrior fighting for social and racial justice" whines _ you've brought nothing to this board but vindictiveness, conflict, dissent and bitterness.

But the thing is if people don't complain how can the mod respond? I doubt a lot of baron's posts have been reported, unlike a lot of James'.

If there is a code of conduct which protects this forum from abusive posts... the moderator, as official overseer, should respond and take action, without the need of complaints from other members.

James has been out of order, but so have others, and as Stu said.... some issues tend to hit a nerve more than others. That is wrong, each and every post which offends with intent, should be treated with disdain.

Once again I request that Jim Jones be banned. These forums arent a place to accuse people of having guily complexes about apartheid or being racist. apart from him being a troll, this is gone too far and coming to these forums is no longer enjoyable.

so Sir roltel if you were to take the old Christian saying of you Reap What You Sow and Applied that to HIV AIDS and the GAy community ,which has been done totally unfairly , are you not preaching hatred ? Well buddy my theme is Chirstians certainly don't have a monopoly on intolerance and you just proved that.

In the middle I say the historical Facts and those are Blacks were shipped to the Americas as SLAVES to cut Sugar Cane and Pick Cotton , Hard back breaking work but never in the history of the world were GAYS shipped to a foreign land for lack of Hairstylists or interior decorators equally backbreaking trades as well LOL. I don't suppose you live a in GAY ghetto or actually had a time in history that you could be clubed by a cop for drinking out of a WATER fountain reserved for WHITES or could not get served in a woolworths lunch counter or have to ride at the back of a bus. No unless you are easy to identify IE being Black you don't have to live with that or had your ancestors live through that as well. Does not mean there are not problems for the GAy community but then you wonder what the Hatred is about? OF course hey the reap what you sow mentality certainly only applies to anyone wishing for harm to come to another human being or putting their will on others.

Gee Equaling anything with Human Rights for gays has been a Past time on these boards .

Cut both forms of agenda forwarded and I would be very happy . Oh Nigeria does not deserve to host the games because they don't subscript to a GAY lifestyle agenda of Western Europe . Yeah that shows tolerant left wing elitism at its very worst .

No you have been fair to James as have others but again there are some here think they are so progressive in thinking yet they do not see the forest for the TREES imposing their lifestyle views that have nothing to do with sports festivals that goes for Christians and gays in pretty equal amounts and in fact goes firmly into the Gay rights issue Vs James and his christian beliefs.

Your 10th hour conversion to RIO is far from sincere and just an attempt at being PC. I suppose Australian consultants on the Job in Rio might have something to do with that again part of a superiority complex with whites on the job. No it is experience and that has been afforded mainly to countries with populations in the case of Australia that you could combine with the UK New Zealand and Canada to make what 60 percent of Nigeria, Banglasdesh ,Malaysia, Brazil or Indonesia's populations let alone an India or China. Gee that these people procreate and the majority of them are not even gay or Christian IMAGE THAT .

Jim jones

Their views are a valid as your or mine. Except the developing world is increasing the ownership of the so called first world to your ignorance and horror.

Who becomes the colonial masters in the next couple of decades is pretty simple It is not based in London, New York

Once again I request that Jim Jones be banned. These forums arent a place to accuse people of having guily complexes about apartheid or being racist. apart from him being a troll, this is gone too far and coming to these forums is no longer enjoyable.

WHY because I have embarassed you a couple of times because A. the Velodrome in Durban you present as a possible commonwealth games bid or B. you so called expert opinion would have your own city in a risky position to host a games with a scaffolding staging never used and never proven until 3 years after a 2018 bid election? I know you did not state a date for Capetown but still would your expert opinion be to risk future hostings of any games in Africa because you think it is wise to take a risk others have yet to take but a Scotland who will never host the olympics and probably never host a sports festival on any scale close to a commonwealth games for a long While one would think. They roll the dice screw up and it is nothing to them they have hosted three times .

You would never admit to that after hey I am Mo rush expert from South Africa LOL. Is the quest for south africa because they now have laws giving special gay rights have something also to do with the pro commonwealth Games in South Africa? Just checking because in that case you should be matching down to the Indian high commission and protesting today seeing how India does not have those type of laws either. Please spare us the expert opinion because really there is none. Probably a group here that have something in Common and it sure is not knowledge but rather opinion . I have quite a memory but even at that before i post I have made it a habit of checking.

you didnt even know the length of the velodrome in question and then crap over Abuja for their Velodrome which is actually up to spec for length , Track width, banking angle and radius of the curves. They only have to apply wood over the concrete surface which has been done by the very IOC preferred contractor. Yes it goes to show how much research you actually do to base that opinion on .

Gee I guess things are not enjoyable unless everyone is blowing down to A bid expert LOL.

Jim jones

If there is a code of conduct which protects this forum from abusive posts... the moderator, as official overseer, should respond and take action, without the need of complaints from other members.

James has been out of order, but so have others, and as Stu said.... some issues tend to hit a nerve more than others. That is wrong, each and every post which offends with intent, should be treated with disdain.

I doubt that GBModerator is able to read every single post here on GamesBids - that would be a full-time job!!!

I doubt that GBModerator is able to read every single post here on GamesBids - that would be a full-time job!!!

A lot of posts have been in your face, posts which aren't hidden amongst threads, but actual topic starters. I don't think it is too difficult to call for effective moderation. If we're going to play by the rules, all of us need to take responsibility, and a lot of us need to stop turning a blind eye when its a 'friend' who insights hate.

Hate is hate, when all is said and done.

Funny how these so-called international events designed for brotherhood and unviersal harmony bring out enmity, resentment and discord instead. :blink: Maybe it's time to rethink them or shut them down.

@Michelle, at the end of the day and after all these long diatribes, phony 'james' is still a provocative troll who wasn't particularly funny NOR a 17-year old at all. If you can't put that in perspective, then I suggest you toning down your 'uber-self-righteous' values pulsating on steroids. They're banned from the Olympics yaknow...

All of a sudden this board has just taken a chill.

Archived