Why Are My Post Subjected To Reviews?

james

I find all of this absolutely deplorable. Most of the regulars in this forum have actually enjoyed the arguments they have with James, thriving on the banter, the attitude - the tit for tat verbal warfare that has been attributed to James over the last few months.

I bemoan those that now call for him to be banned, when they are the symptom of the overall issue.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is getting censored because of hateful speech, something that is against Canadian law, as this is a Canadian forum. Not because he thinks Abuja is a great city.

Then why hasn't baron been censored for some of his hateful comments about Islam and the Middle East. There seems to be one rule for some members and another for the rest.

While I don't think James portrays a particularly nice image of himself on Gamesbids, I don't think he or anyone else should be censored.

Oh Michelle. Have you found a new cause celebre? By 'monitoring' james, GB is vastly trimming costs and pests -- very much in line with your philosophy. :)

You have been writing racist remarks on this forum for the last few weeks, I have found it unsettling. Should this form of moderation be applied to you?

Where do we draw the line?

You have been writing racist remarks on this forum for the last few weeks, I have found it unsettling. Should this form of moderation be applied to you?

Where do we draw the line?

'Racist'? What? :blink: Should that SOBama be the only one to discuss racism? It's a subject that should be discussed and not kept in the closet. Why didn't you respond? I mean there are topix that are very germane for discussion because of the new dimensions the US elections have reached this year.

Besides, I balance my postings with witty, clever and insightful postings -- something 'james' did not.

I didn't get one single laugh from 'james.'

I am as guilty as anyone for starting fights with him, putting him down and finally being outright hostile. Then I realised that the odds that this is actually a kid in Nigeria using his sister's internet connection is so slim to none that he became utterly irrelevant. Just a minor alias of someones invention. It has been proven he is not even in Nigeria - isp addresses do not lie.

Thus I started my policy of posting a picture of a brick wall after any post he directed to me. I know it drives him mad. The lack of arguing starves him of the drama he so craves. The ignore function is useless as he invaded so many threads that not seeing his posts sadly distorts the context others post in.

So I dont know if this is the way going forward - but I suppose something needs to be done to show us and him there are consequences.

Mutherfuckers.

The ignore function is useless as he invaded so many threads that not seeing his posts sadly distorts the context others post in.

That's my biggest qualm with the ignore as well.

'Racist'? What? :blink: Should that SOBama be the only one to discuss racism? It's a subject that should be discussed and not kept in the closet. Why didn't you respond? I mean there are topix that are very germane for discussion because of the new dimensions the US elections have reached this year.

Besides, I balance my postings with witty, clever and insightful postings -- something 'james' did not.

I didn't get one single laugh from 'james.'

If you are allowed to state a preference with regards to race, indeed, engage with negatively charged emotional language, then James' views, though distasteful, should be fronted also.

All gamesbids members are equals, although, some are more equal than others.... comes to mind.

If you are allowed to state a preference with regards to race, indeed, engage with negatively charged emotional language, then James' views, though distasteful, should be fronted also.

All gamesbids members are equals, although, some are more equal than others.... comes to mind.

Don't change the subject, Michelle. ;)

Let us honor the late 'fake' james. As Puppy has posted -- and as I always suspected -- he wasn't even this '17-year old' kid. So, what are we arguing about? A fictional 17-year troll? :blink:

No harm; no foul.

Stop picking on me, michelle. I haven't gone over-budget!!

Trolling is a word I dislike. Are you a troll because you refuse to conform? If you stand up for your beliefs?

No, but you are a troll is you deliberately post racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and generally unwanted remarks all over the place. I've never seen James as a troll per se (though he can be annoying) which is why I don't want to see him chucked out (though I understand other members do). But there is a troll in this forum and whether you like the word or not, it's probably the least offensive I could correctly apply to him.

I understand your POV Michelle, but I think there should be room for exceptions to your general rule, for the sake of the forum.

Don't change the subject, Michelle. ;)

Let us honor the late 'fake' james. As Puppy has posted -- and as I always suspected -- he wasn't even this '17-year old' kid. So, what are we arguing about? A fictional 17-year troll? :blink:

No harm; no foul.

Stop picking on me, michelle. I haven't gone over-budget!!

What you are arguing, says more about you than it does about James.

What's your excuse for using inflammatory racist language in this "private forum"? If James is some fake, we can disregard his views as idol irrelevant chitchat... meant to rile this forum.

You, on the other hand, have shown that there is many colours to your character. Some which surely break the code of this forum. Action should be taken?

Btw, you went over budget every time you responded to ones of James' replies, egging him on effectively. You more than anyone else, is the reason James has become the gamesbids character he is.

No, but you are a troll is you deliberately post racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and generally unwanted remarks all over the place. I've never seen James as a troll per se (though he can be annoying) which is why I don't want to see him chucked out (though I understand other members do). But there is a troll in this forum and whether you like the word or not, it's probably the least offensive I could correctly apply to him.

I understand your POV Michelle, but I think there should be room for exceptions to your general rule, for the sake of the forum.

Jim Jones? Personally I just ignore him. Banning would give him more satisfaction than it would give us.

What you are arguing, says more about you than it does about James.

What's your excuse for using inflammatory racist language in this "private forum"? If James is some fake, we can disregard his views as idol irrelevant chitchat... meant to rile this forum.

You, on the other hand, have shown that there is many colours to your character. Some which surely break the code of this forum. Action should be taken?

Btw, you went over budget every time you responded to ones of James' replies, egging him on effectively. You more than anyone else, is the reason James has become the gamesbids character he is.

oh please. Getting on your high horse, Michelle? Please leave your veterinary work at the clinic.

The ignore function is useless as he invaded so many threads that not seeing his posts sadly distorts the context others post in.

Quite right. There is one member in particular whose posts I try to ignore as far as I can, but if they are posting particularly regularly on a subject, you lose half the topic by excluding what they're saying in the expectation that it is nonsense.

To come back to James specifically, I haven't appreciated his attempts at preaching his faith at the rest of us. He reminds me of a particularly unpleasant neighbour I once had in that respect. But I would always err on the side of not moderating or censoring whenever possible.

My two pennies worth:

Stating one's opinion (also a controversial one) is one thing. But regularly insulting and vilifying other people is another.

James called homosexuals "sick", derided one member for his eating disorder story, and berated another member as "lazy" just because that member asked for some advice for his school exams. And those are only three examples from a much too long row of James' highly disrespectful acts.

James had far more than one chance to change his behaviour. But once there comes a time when enough should be enough. The freedom of every individual ends where the freedom of another individual is harmed.

My thoughts pertain a bit to the announcement I just made on the marriage thread. Another reason I have hesitated in making my announcement here is that it is a a personal statement by me that I wanted to make a public affirmation of. And it's a joyous thing for me. But I knew little James just would not be able to help himself and inevitably rain on my parade and start preaching at me that I was committing an grossly unnatural blasphemy in the eyes of his god. I don't mind discussions on the rights and wrongs of gay equality or not, but I don't need a little god bothering twerp telling I'm evil, a lesser person than he is, morally corrupt and basically shouldn't exist.

It's not even as if otherwise james bothers me. I even find him quite amusing at times. If nothing else, he's feisty and will stand up for his views, and there's nothing wrong with that. But I do feel he should know that on a very liberally moderated forum, he should conform to the rules of tolerance and acceptance of that forum and not continually, and gratuitously, indulge in posts of vilifications against very large sectors of the membership here.

I would be the last one to want to see him banned outright. As I said, generally I can accept, and even indulge him. He's feisty, blundering, confusing and sometimes clueless, but also often funny in his way. I don't think he really means to be so offensive at times. Certainly I don't think he's a troll per se who sets out to deliberately inflame the board, unlike He Who Shall Not Be Named. If anyody should be banned, it's pretty clear who's the most obvious candidate. I think the james sanction is fair enough if it's to moderate his posts which, willfully or not, would basically just prove to be hatefully flung comments in the eyes of a significant group of members.

As to fairness. Yes, the likes of the Baron, and many others including myself have made posts here at times that in some eyes might overstep the mark. The Baron and I even crossed swords a bit when we first both came here. I now count him as a good friend. Most of us have learnt his style of humour now, and appreciate it. He brings a lot to the board and is one of our great characters here. The board without the likes of him and puppy would be a lot duller, and miss out on a lot of valuable input opinion and information. James also has something to contribute to our community, I feel deep down. But he does need to take on board that any community like ours requires that we respect each other.

My two pennies worth:

Stating one's opinion (also a controversial one) is one thing. But regularly insulting and vilifying other people is another.

James called homosexuals "sick", derided one member for his eating disorder story, and berated another member as "lazy" just because that member asked for some advice for his school exams. And those are only three examples from a much too long row of James' highly disrespectful acts.

James had far more than one chance to change his behaviour. But once there comes a time when enough should be enough. The freedom of every individual ends where the freedom of another individual is harmed.

The wife of the First Minister of Northern Ireland, herself an elected politican, described gays and their act as an abomination... and added they should seek therapy.

Many people, share James' point of view... so what do we do?

If elected politicians can speak so openly, why can't a member of an internet website.

While I understand your point, especially regarding the harm to individuals... a balance is hard to achieve in circumstances such as this. Where does one draw the line? What becomes tolerable? What breaks the line?

I have to add something completely different - I do not read the Bejing threads anymore since we have a special member, who "glorify" everything...

I am really looking forward to the Bejing Olympics, but his/hers propaganda annoys me that I can't stand it anymore and I am really hoping that he/she will dissappear out of GB when the Beijing Olympics are history...

The wife of the First Minister of Northern Ireland, herself an elected politican, described gays and their act as an abomination... and added they should seek therapy.

Many people, share James' point of view... so what do we do?

If elected politicians can speak so openly, why can't a member of an internet website.

While I understand your point, especially regarding the harm to individuals... a balance is hard to achieve in circumstances such as this. Where does one draw the line? What becomes tolerable? What breaks the line?

At the end of the day, he added nothing but discord and angst to a generally liberal board that gave him more than enough 'allowance' for his different views. The whole thing though is, he is 'fictional' as Puppy has now comfirmed. I always had my misgivings about his veracity -- but I just don't know or have the inclination to do the ISP address X-check.

So, R.I.P. 'james' or whomever you are. You've had your fun -- and I am sure, you will resurrect as someone else soon. We don't have posters from Central America, Japan (altho we've had a fake 'jap' poster too) or Transylvania, so those slots seems to be open. :lol:

GBModerator is the owner of the website and he decides resp. draw the line - if somebody doesn't agree to his policy/decisions can start an own website and do what he/she/it pleased...

Most of us have learnt his style of humour now, and appreciate it. He brings a lot to the board and is one of our great characters here. The board without the likes of him and puppy would be a lot duller, and miss out on a lot of valuable input opinion and information. James also has something to contribute to our community, I feel deep down. But he does need to take on board that any community like ours requires that we respect each other.

With regards to Baron, he has become a contributing member to this forum, and I enjoy reading his posts, for the most part. But lately, with detail to comments made about Obama, linking him in ways similar to OJ Simpson et al are not acceptable. Race is an emotive issue, just as homosexuality and gay rights is. While we have one member saying "gays are evil", and one member deriding Obama in a disrespectful and racist manner, its hard to sanction a gag on James.

We often speak of gays rights on this forum, well lets engage and discuss equal rights when it comes to posting on this forum.

But aren't elected politicians punished as well for such vilifications -- either by the law or at least by the voters?

And as one of the other members already said: This is not just some "internet website", but a private forum with certain guidelines. By becoming a member of this forum, James acknowledged those guidelines. But in the end, he didn't comply with them. And so all this is only the legitimate result of his misconduct.

GBModerator is the owner of the website and he decides resp. draw the line - if somebody doesn't agree to his policy/decisions can start an own website and do what he/she/it pleased...

He does. But he has not enforced these types of sanctions in all my time of posting on this website. It would be an awful shame if he crosses the line, and this becomes the norm. Gagging members who do not echo the majority would lose this board it's credibility.

Archived