Snowboarding

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First person perspective of the course: http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000220417/videos/olympic-slopestyle-course-preview-alexey-sobolev/

30 men and 24 women take part. The qualification, semi-finals are finals all consist of two runs, with the best run counting. The scores do not carry over from qualifying to the semi-final or the final.

The top 8 finishers from the qualification qualify for the final. Everyone else competes in the semi-final, and the top 4 from the semi-final compete in the final. So weirdly nobody is eliminated in the qualification, but that's where 2/3 of the slots in the final will be decided.

You might want to just set your DVR.

Thank you for the clarification! With Shaun White out now, I think I will definitely hold off until 7am on getting up and catch up on the 2 snowboarding events before freestyle skiing.

Every US media site that made predictions had Shaun White medaling, or listed him as the favourite with Mark McMorris being a "challenger", when everyone who isn't biased and knows anything about sport knows it was the other way around.

"He's a chicken who's afraid to lose!" - said the Canadian to the American in 1997.

McMorris and White need to have a competition in the SkyDome to settle it all lol.

And the Bailey/Johnson race was also based upon US media bias from the likes of Bob Costas.

Well i guess they ⬇︎ were right.

2013809-168X210.jpgShaun knows he won't be able to win the slopes, thats why he pulled out. He's scared! — Maxence Parrot (@MaxParrot) February 5, 2014

2013824-168X210.jpgMr. White... It's easy to find excuses to pull out of a contest when you think you can't win... — Sebastien Toutant (@SebToots) February 5, 2014

Podlachikov had a really bad qualifying (by his standards). Snuck into the semi-finals by finishing eight in his heat, really got away with one.

Based on how everyone is riding it looks like a battle between White and Hirano. I have to say that I'm also really impressed with the two Chinese riders, would love to see Zhang get a medal.

No medals for the US, holly **** O.o

Also, Japan finally gets a medal (well, two) in snowboarding. It was about time. Hirano is amazing (15!!!) and iPod is my favourite half pipe rider. Only thing missing for this to be my perfect podium is Zhang.

Utterly shocking. For the USA to not win a medal is beyond unexpected. Especially after the two golds already. Good on the Swiss and Japanese. Was nice to see some top Japanese athletes come through. Though the final was devoid of talented Finns which is also unusual.

Archived