Olympic Torch And Torch Relay Route To Be Unveiled

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olympic Torch Design Stylish Notebook!

Img214042781.jpg

Img214042782.jpg

This stylish notebook is launched by the TOP Lenovo to celebrate the torch relay. Cool isn't it?

Oooooooooohh! That's cool...errr, HOT! And I am in the market for a new notebook, too. I wonder if this is a limited edition model? And if it comes with the MS Office Suite, then I'll just grab it!!

I wonder when the logo of the torch relay route is printed on stationery, tissues and toilet paper...

@ Pui, I really like the logo, but I don't like such marketing... it is totally overdone - I suppose there will be an olympic torch design car, too

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

By the way, zainhasan15, a piece of information you may found interesting. In 1964 the Olympic flame has visited Lahore, Pakistan. So 2008 will be the second Olympic flame visiting to your country!

Oh thanks,

My name is Zain. It is intersting that Pakistan has already hosted a Torch relay in past. Thanks for your information, but I was in Heaven at that time and angels were making a presentation of my life's route before final approval.

and angels were making a presentation of my life's route before final approval.

Very good. So, do you remember what the torch then looked like; and what a few stops of the unveiled "route" were, zain? :)

(Hey, Zain, I'm just kidding you. Actually, if I were part of the IOC, I would change many of the ways they are doing things! But I'm not. I only advise them -- whether they listen to me or not is another story.) :)

So the Relay's slogan is: LIGHT THE PASSION, hmmmm? Now, where have I heard that before -- "Light the Fire Within" and "Passion Lives Here"?

Mix and match. So, London will have "The Fire Within Lives Here." But I still like it

-- a lot better than Barcelona's, Atlanta's and Athens' torches.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

So the Relay's slogan is: LIGHT THE PASSION, hmmmm? Now, where have I heard that before -- "Light the Fire Within" and "Passion Lives Here"?

Mix and match. So, London will have "The Fire Within Lives Here." But I still like it

-- a lot better than Barcelona's, Atlanta's and Athens' torches.

I agree, Beijing's torch, though not the greatest is certainly a step ahead of the the last couple, well right back to Munich, with the exception of Sydney, in the summer games at least.

well i have to disagree... although i find the beijing torch really nice, i would say that it is the second best.. after Athens..
I see Athens' torch everyday and it's simple too elegant.

Img214041924.jpg

olympictorch2004cw5.jpg

LOOK at both the images, I think both of you are right ATHENS 2004's torch was lot more beautiful than Beijing's new torch.

When I see Bejing's torch, I feel, Asian art, culture of China and a simple torch. BUT THEY USED CONCEPT OF CLOUD TOO MUCH.

But Athens torch present look of technology due to its smooth silver surface and perfect combination of wood give it look of tradational torch. The design was simple but very decent and modern.

Do you know why we dont' like design of Bejing's new torch? becaues it is new, we are not use to of this design and its colour and its appearence. As soon as actual realay will start all of you will start appericiating Lenovo.

You know, the sad and simple fact is China just can't win at this.

No matter what they try, no matter how many people they try to please, China has just ticked off too healthy a potion of the world for everyone to be content.

Focusing for just a moment on the Torch Relay, I have some issues with some of the stops.

1. Islamabad. With all respect to Pakistan, I'm frankly wary that the Relay visiting here is one hell of a tempting target for terrorism. This is one portion of the route I'll be watching with my fingers crossed.

2. PyongYang. Oh goodie, let's go visit an even more oppresive political regime than our own. I understand the concept of trying to create the One Korea concept, but for me, it's just not flying right now.

3. Taiwan. *sighs* Guys, this is an impossible situation. Nothing can be done to make both the governments happy and we knew going in that no one was going to be satisfied. I would like the Torch to visit Taiwan, but honestly... I know the folks in Taipai will be upset, but maybe it should just go from Vietnam to Hong Kong. As it is, I actually am expecting a Taiwan boycott. It's just too politically dicey.

4. Everest. While ambitious, I am very interested to see how China will pull this one off without endangering the climbers.

5. Tibet. This was regretfully unavoidable, just as Taiwan. I wish they could just go around Tibet, but, their country, their relay. Just have to be prepared for some hurt feelings along the way.

Look, I know none of what I say is going to make the Organizing Committee change it's mind and bully for them. They just have to know the obvious: China is not well liked in the world because of it's politics and like it or not, the Relay is going to ruffle feathers. The same thing is going to happen next August during the Games, I'm sure. The Chinese government is dreaming if they think there will not be protests during the Games.

Oh well... I'll still watch the Games with the same way I watch a car wreck on the freeway: horrible to see, but can't pull your eyes away. Just keep repeating "Two years to Vancouver, two years to Vancouver..."

What, there are protests for those Games to? Oy....

You know, the sad and simple fact is China just can't win at this.

No matter what they try, no matter how many people they try to please, China has just ticked off too healthy a potion of the world for everyone to be content.

Focusing for just a moment on the Torch Relay, I have some issues with some of the stops.

1. Islamabad. With all respect to Pakistan, I'm frankly wary that the Relay visiting here is one hell of a tempting target for terrorism. This is one portion of the route I'll be watching with my fingers crossed.

Oh Mr. who are you?

Have you ever seen Islamabad or its vicinty? If torch will face terrosim in Pakistan than why Athens sent thier flame to Newyork after 9/11, why they sent to London after subway blast, why they sent to Delhi after a forigner kidnapped? Do you think Pakistan is only country on the globe producing terrosim? Do you have brain?

Islamabad is Pakistani capitol and 40% of its population is forigners of western countries. Do you think Daros Salam and Mumbai are safe cities?

As my friend has already told here that this will be the 2nd time when Pakistan will host the Olympic torch relay, Islamabd has already hosted 9th SAF Games 2004, Queen's baton relay Melborune 2006 and Pakistan has won the bid to host next circket worldcup 2011.

Nobody will bear cirticism directly for its home-land so avoid these kind of statements next time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamabad

www.Islamabad.net

359738132_3be28bb17c.jpg

00000837-photo.jpg

No, I know the threat of terroism is real for the torch relay in any city. I recall the relay getting firebombed leading up to the Seoul Olympics.

Islamabad just stuck out in my mind because of the proximity to Afghanistan and the current war on the Taliban. I'm sure nothing WILL happen, but there is always a concern something MIGHT happen.

2nd time? When was the previous time the Torch was in Islamabad? I don't recall it visiting during the 2004 relay so enlighten me please.

And in all honesty, I didn't think I was being that critical. All I said was it was a potential terrorist target, which would be the case in ANY city. As I said, Islamabad stuck out because of the proximity to the war in Afghanistan. That's ALL.

I apoligize for any offense.

Oh Mr. who are you?

Have you ever seen Islamabad or its vicinty? If torch will face terrosim in Pakistan than why Athens sent thier flame to Newyork after 9/11, why they sent to London after subway blast, why they sent to Delhi after a forigner kidnapped? Do you think Pakistan is only country on the globe producing terrosim? Do you have brain?

Islamabad is Pakistani capitol and 40% of its population is forigners of western countries. Do you think Daros Salam and Mumbai are safe cities?

As my friend has already told here that this will be the 2nd time when Pakistan will host the Olympic torch relay, Islamabd has already hosted 9th SAF Games 2004, Queen's baton relay Melborune 2006 and Pakistan has won the bid to host next circket worldcup 2011.

Nobody will bear cirticism directly for its home-land so avoid these kind of statements next time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamabad

www.Islamabad.net

359738132_3be28bb17c.jpg

00000837-photo.jpg

No, I know the threat of terroism is real for the torch relay in any city. I recall the relay getting firebombed leading up to the Seoul Olympics.

Islamabad just stuck out in my mind because of the proximity to Afghanistan and the current war on the Taliban. I'm sure nothing WILL happen, but there is always a concern something MIGHT happen.

2nd time? When was the previous time the Torch was in Islamabad? I don't recall it visiting during the 2004 relay so enlighten me please.

And in all honesty, I didn't think I was being that critical. All I said was it was a potential terrorist target, which would be the case in ANY city. As I said, Islamabad stuck out because of the proximity to the war in Afghanistan. That's ALL.

I apoligize for any offense.

Wow, what a resone, ................."but there is always a concern something MIGHT happen" may be (God forbid) Effile tower will collapse on torch bearer, it may be possible that someone will put a dynamite in Olympic torch before it lit, it might be possible that the Plane carrying Olympic flame will be kidnapped at Mumbai International airport. your logic is 100% correct.

Dear, Talibans live in Afghanistan and Islamabad is in Pakistan but there is a big difference between Afghanis and Talibans and it is true that some Afghan refugees are still in Pakistan but they are not Talibans and refugees can't live in expensive city of Islamabad due to extra-tight security.

Pakistan hosted Olympic flame for the first time in 1964 for Tokyo Olympic Games. And it will be the seconed time when we shall host Olympic flame in our country's "safe" capitol.

Sorry for my behaviour.

97805463_7abf1ea2bc.jpg

307469204_2deaa28435.jpg

Pak-ChinaFlgs.gif

I accept the apology and offer my own. I agree, in retrospect, the comment was far too general.

As you said, terrorism is a real threat to the Games, but it can strike anywhere, be it Islamabad, Paris, London, San Francisico, even Beijing. If someone is determined, it will happen. We can only do what we must to prevent it.

1964, eh? A long time to wait for the Torch to return. Congradulations then and I'm looking forward to seeing the city giving the Torch a royal welcome.

Wow, what a resone, ................."but there is always a concern something MIGHT happen" may be (God forbid) Effile tower will collapse on torch bearer, it may be possible that someone will put a dynamite in Olympic torch before it lit, it might be possible that the Plane carrying Olympic flame will be kidnapped at Mumbai International airport. your logic is 100% correct.

Dear, Talibans live in Afghanistan and Islamabad is in Pakistan but there is a big difference between Afghanis and Talibans and it is true that some Afghan refugees are still in Pakistan but they are not Talibans and refugees can't live in expensive city of Islamabad due to extra-tight security.

Pakistan hosted Olympic flame for the first time in 1964 for Tokyo Olympic Games. And it will be the seconed time when we shall host Olympic flame in our country's "safe" capitol.

Sorry for my behaviour.

97805463_7abf1ea2bc.jpg

307469204_2deaa28435.jpg

Pak-ChinaFlgs.gif

mmmm...for Pakistan,Beijing 2008 torh relay is very important i believe.

And i also believe that they will handle this very well.

Hope every thing goes well.

Thanks XU WEN, Pakistan has the most strongest friendship with China, Presidents of both the country meet often for devolpmentt and friendship between the countries. The huge gold plated lamp of Faisal Mosque, Islamabad (World's biggest mosque) was gifted by China and it can be seen from all corners of the mosque.

And it is the first time when Olympic flame is going to visit maximum number of Islamic states (Istanbul, Daros Salam, Muscat, Islamabad, Kula Lampur and Jakarta).