London 2012 Olympics Tickets

You may not know, or appreciate, the history of CoSport owner Sead Dizdarevic, who has already been involved in 2 major Olympic scandals.

The story of Sead Dizdarevic:

http://seattletimes....ytickets16.html

CoSport is an authorized reseller because of the influence and connections they have bought and carefully cultivated with many big Olympic players, and the flood of money they've brought into the process with their strong-arm monopolistic strategies.

Thanks for that information, insightful and not all that surprising.Having now been a customer of CoSport for the second Summer Games in a row, I am appalled at the way they are ripping Olympic supporters off. Those lucky enough to reside in Europe seem to have a myriad of options when buying Olympic tickets, but for those in Australia the only legitimate ticket seller is CoSport. There prices for these games in particular have been astronomically high and it is basically legalised fraud!

I also dislike their live ticket sales process. They put tickets on their site at odd times and often unannounced. It was 4am one morning when I picked up my Athletics session tickets. After a couple of days I received an email saying they had just released tickets. Their is a lack of transparency in their business and to read in this thread that people from other countries are receiving tickets with "AOC" on them, is shocking.

In fact this method by LOCOG of indicating what NOC the tickets are coming from is giving us Olympic fans the real story behind ticket sales and it does not look good for the companies selling tickets.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London 2012: Probe as sponsors' tickets sold to public

By James Pearce

BBC Olympics correspondent

_61557452_photo1_black.jpg

The company at the heart of the allegations is CoSport

An investigation has been launched after the BBC found sponsors' Olympics tickets had been sold to the public for 20% more than their face value.

This is a breach of the International Olympic Committee's rules.

Three of the biggest sponsors of London 2012, Dow Chemical, Acer and GE, have been caught up in the scandal.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18831826

No, probably not surprising for those seasoned Olympic tourists - but for those of us new to this it's all quite revealing. It seems London's wise decision to print the ticket holder's name on every ticket and make them electronically traceable has bitten CoSport on the bum.

All a predictable result of dealing with lowlifes (and incompetent lowlifes at that) in order to make some extra bucks.. Dizdarevic showed 12 years ago in Sydney that he's perfectly willing to engage in this sort of thing if it profits him. But still, LOCOG, the IOC, the USOC, and other NOCs chose to deal with him for the money his monopolistic and shady practices bring to the table. The blame must fall entirely on the shoulders of the people in the Olympic movement who've decided to lay down with the dog, and now may be feeling a bit of an itch...

It seems London's wise decision to print the ticket holder's name on every ticket and make them electronically traceable has bitten CoSport on the bum.

CoSport's corruption is and has been obvious to anyone for years. They blatantly violate the maximum allowable markup. Nobody cares. I'll be shocked if anyone cares about this. How is it any different from the rest of CoSport's practices?

Really unhappy of my seat location for Diving. I took a B category hoping to be near the diving's pool. No, I am at the extreme opposite. In fact, not even in front of the swimming's pool. I can not be more far.

There was an article in one of the UK papers (Telegraph or Guardian I think) talking about ticket positions and saying that they seem basically to have gone up the rows and the price refers to how far back the seat is regardless of where it is in the station. So people with AA or A tickets for the 100m final might be in the opposite corner whereas there are people with a D ticket who are in the back row of the stadium but right at the finishing line. None of my tickets are great... but then again, few were expensive either!

CoSport's corruption is and has been obvious to anyone for years. They blatantly violate the maximum allowable markup. Nobody cares. I'll be shocked if anyone cares about this. How is it any different from the rest of CoSport's practices?

The thing is that people should care. Considering we are the ones being ripped off, surely we must do something about it. Start a Twitter or Facebook campaign against CoSport, refuse to buy tickets from their site for upcoming Games or send emails/phone calls to IOC/Media outlets.

There was an article in one of the UK papers (Telegraph or Guardian I think) talking about ticket positions and saying that they seem basically to have gone up the rows and the price refers to how far back the seat is regardless of where it is in the station. So people with AA or A tickets for the 100m final might be in the opposite corner whereas there are people with a D ticket who are in the back row of the stadium but right at the finishing line. None of my tickets are great... but then again, few were expensive either!

What's strange about this is that they seem to always make the same error, and it's been pretty much the same at every Olympics I've attended (except Seoul '88 - where the entire stadium was open admission!). The supposition made by the organizers seems to be that lower is always better, so the premium priced seats are always those nearest to the track. However, since the lower stands near the finish line and the front stretch are taken up with media areas and seating for the various VIP groups, the seats nearest the track that are available to the ticket-buying public are almost always along the backstretch. Leading to great disappointment amongst those who've laid out big money to get "A" (or, in the case of London, "AA") category seats. That's why I always get nothing above "B" category, and for London mostly Cs. It just isn't worth it to spring for the extra money.

It's disappointing that CoSport have behaved like this. I bought 7 tickets with them as part of their being the Norwegian ATR. Just hope everything turns out ok when I collect the tickets in London.

Does someone know what is the deadline for LOCOG to deliver tickets ? And what is the procedure regarding tickets not received ?

And what about tickets that are supposed to be picked up in London ? When it is starting ? Where could we pick them up ?

Does someone know what is the deadline for LOCOG to deliver tickets ? And what is the procedure regarding tickets not received ?

And what about tickets that are supposed to be picked up in London ? When it is starting ? Where could we pick them up ?

Regarding Collection :

london2012-logo.gif

Ticket delivery

Domestic secure mail

If you are a resident of the UK and the delivery option is available, you can choose to have your tickets posted to the address that you registered with us.

Your tickets will be sent using Royal Mail's Tracked® delivery service. You will receive a notification by email and/or SMS (if you have provided your mobile number) from Royal Mail on the day your tickets are due to be delivered.

The package containing your tickets will need to be signed for. If nobody is there to sign for the package, Royal Mail will leave a 'Something for you' card. You will also be notified of the delivery attempt by email and/or SMS. Your ticket package will be returned to the local Royal Mail delivery office and held securely for 18 calendar days.

You can visit the delivery office to collect your package, or contact Royal Mail to arrange a redelivery to the same address. In the event you don't collect your package, Royal Mail will send you a reminder notification by email and/or SMS before it is returned to London 2012.

If you require further information about ticket delivery please read our Frequently asked questions.

Overseas secure mail

If you are a resident of a designated European country and the delivery option is available, you can choose to have your tickets posted to the address that you registered with us.

Your tickets will be sent using FedEx International Priority delivery service. You will receive a notification by email from FedEx approximately 24 hours before your package is due to be delivered with your tracking number.

The package containing your tickets will need to be signed for. If nobody is there to sign for the package, FedEx will leave a notice card. Your ticket package will be returned to the local FedEx delivery office and held securely for five business days.

You can visit the delivery office to collect your package, or contact FedEx to arrange a redelivery to the same address. In the event your package remains uncollected or undelivered, FedEx will return it to London 2012.

If you require further information about ticket delivery please read our Frequently asked questions.

Collection

If you are a resident of the UK or a designated European country and the ticket collection option is available, you can choose to collect your tickets (and Games Travelcards, if applicable) from a London 2012 ticket box office prior to the event.

Only the ticketing account holder can collect the tickets from the box office. They will need to show the original Visa card used for purchase and one piece of photo ID. If the original Visa card is not available, the email confirmation will need to be presented.

To reduce your queuing time on the day of the event, we strongly recommend that, if possible, you collect your tickets before the date of the session you are attending.

Tickets can be collected from the <a href="http://www.london2012.com/mm/Document/Documents/Venue/01/24/89/77/olympicparkmap2_Neutral.pdf">Stratford Gate box office which will be open from Monday 2 July 2012. Opening hours are 9am-8pm Monday to Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

If you are unable to collect your tickets before the date of the session you are attending, you can collect them from the venue box office on the day. However, we recommend that you give yourself plenty of time to allow for queues.

More details about other box office opening times and locations will be released in due time.

I don't know if LOCOG have a deadline but some last minute tickets that I have purchased in the last few days have all been 'collect in London.'

Apparently, you can collect from any London 2012 'Box Office.' You obviously need a copy of the email that confirmed purchase of the ticket and the credit card that was used for payment.

You can pick up the tickets now and up to a day before, I think. The box offices are at all venues and at Stratford Gate which is the entrance to the Olympic Park.

I don't know if LOCOG have a deadline but some last minute tickets that I have purchased in the last few days have all been 'collect in London.'

Apparently, you can collect from any London 2012 'Box Office.' You obviously need a copy of the email that confirmed purchase of the ticket and the credit card that was used for payment.

You can pick up the tickets now and up to a day before, I think. The box offices are at all venues and at Stratford Gate which is the entrance to the Olympic Park.

Yes some of my tickets have to be collected. I will go tommorow...

But some are still waited to be delivered in France ! Hopefully my french delivery address is by my parents that are supposed to forward them to me... but less than 2 weeks before the games, i am a little bit worried...

I just sent LOCOG an email. Will try to find a phone number.... :wacko:

Tickets can be collected from the <a href="http://www.london2012.com/mm/Document/Documents/Venue/01/24/89/77/olympicparkmap2_Neutral.pdf">Stratford Gate box office which will be open from Monday 2 July 2012.

Really? But you can't get to Stratford Gate at the moment without accreditation. I've seen a ticket office near there but it's still shuttered up. I wonder if it's somewhere in the Street leading to the Gate at Westfield? I've got a couple of sets to pick up; I'll scout it out when I'm there on Weds.

Really? But you can't get to Stratford Gate at the moment without accreditation. I've seen a ticket office near there but it's still shuttered up. I wonder if it's somewhere in the Street leading to the Gate at Westfield? I've got a couple of sets to pick up; I'll scout it out when I'm there on Weds.

I will test it tommorow. From my pov this is the same ticket booth than during the test events, so just before the screening areas just on the road separating the Olympic Park from the Westfield Center (close to the Aquatic Center).

Yes some of my tickets have to be collected. I will go tommorow...

But some are still waited to be delivered in France ! Hopefully my french delivery address is by my parents that are supposed to forward them to me... but less than 2 weeks before the games, i am a little bit worried...

I just sent LOCOG an email. Will try to find a phone number.... :wacko:

Did you find a number? It's 0844 800 2012

Archived