• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got bored of waiting to get ticket holders off the 2012 website so Ive made my own. Bought official Lanyards, found plastic ticket holders then branded the holder up myself. Blank one side and

Just got my Paralympics email. I got Opening, closing ceremonies and athletics with the 100m final woo hoo.

OMG!!! I got 2x £20.12 Opening Ceremony tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it I am going to the opening ceremony!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Its the resale tickets that have gone up for sale, so its good to keep checking the website from now on if people are still after tickets

Davey that's a good advice! Just went in to check, both opening and closing tickets are available again, only the top price ones though. Will deg check them frequently now hoping some random £20.12 tickets might appear!

Ah... Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a set of basketball and hockey at low prices so that I have more than one trip to the Park. Did try for some Water Polo but they'd gone when I clicked through. Will keep trying on the off chance for any popular events but at least now I feel I have a reasonable spread of events and days now.

Additional London 2012 tickets go on sale

A further batch of contingency tickets to a number of sports are on sale today.

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has confirmed that a further batch of contingency tickets are on sale today to the following sports: Gymnastics Artistic, Gymnastics Trampoline, Tennis, Basketball, Cycling Road, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Taekwondo and Archery. The additional tickets are now on sale at www.tickets.london2012.com or via phone at 0844 847 2012.

Approximately 50,000 tickets are available following the finalisation of more venue seating plans. As LOCOG receives tickets via the resale platform and releases further contingency tickets, they will be made available on a regular basis between now and Games time. Customers are advised to check the website regularly for the latest availability.

Based on the high demand for tickets from the public, particularly for Gymnastics, LOCOG has made a number of seats within hospitality suites available at the North Greenwich Arena for the public to buy tickets to watch Basketball, Gymnastics Artistic, and Gymnastics Trampoline.

In recognition of Visa’s longstanding support of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, only Visa (debit, credit and prepaid) can be used to purchase tickets.

Wheelchair users can check the availability of wheelchair spaces and purchase tickets by calling 0844 847 2012 to speak to the London 2012 Accessibility team.

LOCOG Commercial Director Chris Townsend said: ‘More great tickets to watch Olympic sport have gone on sale today. Further tickets will be released on an almost daily basis from now until Games time. We encourage anyone interested in buying tickets to visit the ticketing website regularly to check the latest ticket availability.'

http://www.london201...ckets-sale.html

Ive had 2 packages from LOCOG from the initial ballot, then another from one of the later sales. No Paralympics yet though

Thanks. I hope they will wait too long to ship the Paralympics ones.... Don't want a delivery when I will be in London for the Olympics !!!

.... you should read "I hope they will NOT wait too long".....

London 2012: 80% of Olympics tickets sold

By Gordon Farquhar

BBC sports news correspondent

_61194906_015172482-1.jpg

Giant Olympic rings have been suspended below Tower Bridge to mark a month until the Games

More than 80% of all Olympics tickets - some seven million - have now been sold, the BBC has learned.

Organiser Locog said a million were bought in the last month and several thousand were yet to be made available.

There were most tickets remaining for volleyball, boxing, weightlifting and basketball although they were mainly top prices in early competition rounds.

Meanwhile, London 2012 chairman Lord Coe watched as giant Olympic rings were lowered into place on Tower Bridge.

The event marked a month until the opening ceremony of the Games.

Locog said excluding football, 90% of all tickets had been sold.

It said tens of thousands more had yet to be made available from a remaining pool of contingency tickets.

Light show

There had been a small trickle of returned tickets including one or two pairs of 100m finals seats which would be released on to the general website when cleared for resale.

Locog said it was "very close" to its revenue target of £600m, which includes VAT.

The organiser's ticketing system has drawn criticism in the past, with its sales website seemingly unable to cope with the demand for tickets.

In some cases, the system reportedly mistakenly informed potential buyers they had secured tickets, only to then tell them that they had not.

Earlier, Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt and London Mayor Boris Johnson also witnessed the suspension of the giant Olympic rings under the high-level walkway of Tower Bridge.

The 82ft (25m) wide rings, which weigh three tonnes, cost £259,817 to produce and around £53,000 to install.

Lord Coe said: "The Olympic rings are an iconic symbol, inspiring athletes and uniting people around the world.

"To athletes they represent the culmination of thousands of hours of training and reaching the highest level in sport.

"With one month to go to the Olympic Games opening ceremony, these spectacular rings on one of London's most famous landmarks will excite and inspire residents and visitors in the capital."

A multi-coloured light show will bring the rings to life on Wednesday night.

You could have surprised delivery from LOCOG !

I did not receive any emails announcing a delivery but Fedex just delivered me my football tickets ordered on April the 30th (commemorative tix !)

Ticket Shipping...

We know that LOCOG is shipping tickets and we already start sharing information on when we have received our precious access passes....

But let share information from the several ATRs around the world regarding tickets' shipping...

- I just had information from Dertour saying they will start sending tickets at the end of the month and that everyone will have received their orders before mid july !

- Regarding CoSport, no idea as I will pick my tickets in London (but in due time let share information on the collection points !)

- Regarding Eventeam... i still don't know what i choosed... to receive them or to collect them ! Any information ?

Has someone news from Eventeam... Did they start to deliver tix ? Did soemone receive its order ???