London 2012 Olympics Tickets

I dont like see so many empty football seats before the opening cerimany. Lonon 2012 have been playing to hard to get, and thats not what minority sports need.

Those crowds are pretty thin. And, from what I understand, they were heavily "papered" with giveaway tickets. Hopefully things will pick up in these outlying cities once the opening ceremonies happen and the Olympic excitement really gets underway in the UK.

The sale of tickets has been managed by London 2012 so as to create headlines about the over subscription of the ticketing process, when a hard sell would be need for women’s football which no one has ever watched in the uk.

also any one without a computer will find the telephone service impossible to get through on.

Those crowds are pretty thin. And, from what I understand, they were heavily "papered" with giveaway tickets. Hopefully things will pick up in these outlying cities once the opening ceremonies happen and the Olympic excitement really gets underway in the UK.

I went to both days for the sessions in Glasgow. Attendance was pretty good for the men's games on Thursday, and I don't think they were giveaways. A lot of Japanese flew up for the day to watch their game against Spain. There were quite a few headed back to London last night.

I went to both days for the sessions in Glasgow. Attendance was pretty good for the men's games on Thursday, and I don't think they were giveaways. A lot of Japanese flew up for the day to watch their game against Spain. There were quite a few headed back to London last night.

Yes, attendance for the men's games have seemingly been much much better than for the women's. Glasgow stadium was again more empty than full for the women's games today.

I just found out that Tues Hockey match between GB & Korea now kicks off at 4pm and not 1:35pm which is great news for me as it won't mean such a mad dash from Euston to Olympic Park. It also means I can check into Hotel and leave my rucksack which should help me with getting through security easier.

Has anyone had any experiences of just turning up for events i.e. Beach Volleyball and getting tickets on the door so-to-speak. I did notice a few empty seats when it get's late at night, and I wouldn't mind trying my chances at Horse Guards Parade after the Hockey.

I have a spare diving ticket for the Women's Synchronised Platform finals on Tuesday 31st at 3pm. It's a band C £95 one and it's in block 406 - in line with the diving pool. Let me know if you're interested before I have to risk 'touting' it in Stratford on the day!

Very much enjoyed my experience of the Olympic Park on Tues - The GB Hocke match against Korea was certainly entertaining - 5-3 to GB. The Riverbank was full to the rafters, only a few of the very expensive VIP seats were empty. Although madly patriotic, I almost feel a little sorry for other nations when they come up against GB - the partisan crowd support is a huge bonus.

The next day I walked around London - I was a little dissapointed with the complete lockdown of Horse Guards Parade - you can get within a sniff of it unless you have tickets. 50% of St James park is a no go area. I was hoping to pick up any tickets that might be available but no chance. Then of course got back to the hotel and saw a few empty seats when the matches got underway. They say you should buy on the internet, but not everyone has smartphones or access to mobile internet once they have set off to the venues.

BT Live event in Hyde Park is a great addition - free entry - bit of a airport security check you have to get through but once in, the atmosphere with 4-5 huge TV screens is buzzing. I saw Wiggo win his gold there yesterday and the crowds were on their feet at the end.

So all in all a great once-in-a-lifetime experience but a bit of shame about the ticketing situation.

Saturday I hear they are even closing Westfield shopping centre for most of the day unless you have olympic park tickets.

Saturday I hear they are even closing Westfield shopping centre for most of the day unless you have olympic park tickets.

I think that's to try to stop extra crowds of people from going shopping and adding more congestion on the Tubes. There are no checks once you get to Stratford to check that you have tickets...

Incidentally, if anyone does want to nip into Stratford City for anything before they go to the Park and you're coming in on the Jubilee line, the easiest way to get in is to hop on the DLR to Stratford International and then walk through that entrance into the Mall. Much shorter than the convoluted queuing system they send you on if you try to go in via Stratford itself.

Hi we have a pair of tickets for the following events

- 2 tickets for Aug 5th, Women's Waterpolo Quarterfinals (US vs. Italy, Spain vs. GB) 19:00 block 203

- 2 tickets for Aug 6th , Men's Basketball France vs. Nigeria, GB vs. China 14:30 block 220

we are willing to trade any of the above for a pair of atheletics for Aug 5th PM or Aug6th any time.

If you are interested please PM me thanks!

Okay - it all depends on what I get offered for it, but I've got a ticket to Saturday night's men's diving final (Tom Daley!). It's a night session starting at 8:30pm, and I have an early flight back to Oz the next day. If someone has a tick for an event I'm interested in (I'm sorted already for gymnastics, athletics and handball), I might consider a swap. PM me in anyone's interested.

Edited by Sir Rols

Does anyone know the deal on how to get hold of the tickets for the second match of a longer session? When I left on Saturday evening, they scanned my handball ticket so that one of the fans hoping to get in could use it. There was quite a long line of people waiting; good night for it though since they did end up with lots of Brits leaving to watch the athletics action on Park Live.

So... do you go to the venue, queue and pay for the ticket somehow there? Or do they go back to the box office to be resold? Any ideas?

i have 1 ticket for each of the below for sale both cat A

Hockey Women Semi Final HO032 (NED v NZL) 08 Aug 1530 for face value GBP95.00 block 212 row 15

Hockey Women Semi Final HO033 (ARG v GBR) 08 Aug 2000 for face value GBP95.00 block 211 row 23

can meet tomorrow at Stratford or in Olympic Park if not you would need to colled from Warwick Ave or Oxford Circus area on 8 Aug.

Please follow and tweet on twitter @olympicpete2000 or UK mobile txt 07984729369

DO NOT REPLY HERE OR DIRECT MESSAGE HERE AS IT WILL NOT BE CHECKED!

Edited by Hobart

can i just say how great it is to be able to sell unwanted tickets on twitter! i got face value for the tickets i didnt want ans swaped a water polo ticket for athletics last night and saw Aussie gold!

something Rio should look at having a twitter account for ticket swap or face value sell and set up collection points. Think its a good way to get more people acces to tickets. Both people i sold my tickets to couldnt get anything at olympic park but now they can.

A record 2.1 million tickets have been sold for the London 2012 Paralympics, organisers have confirmed .

More than 600,000 have been bought in the past month, pushing the total past the previous record of 1.8 million tickets sold for the 2008 Beijing Paralympics.

London 2012 chairman Lord Coe said the organisers were "absolutely delighted" with the interest from the British public, adding: "The Olympic Games have shown us that the UK has taken the Games to their heart. With the tickets sold so far and more still to come I look forward to even more people getting the chance to join in and to form memories that will last a lifetime."

A total of 2.5 million tickets have been put on sale for the London 2012 Paralympics which run from August 29 to September 9. Prices start at £10 or £5 for young people and seniors.

International Paralympic Committee president Sir Philip Craven said: "To have sold the most ever tickets for a Paralympic Games three weeks before the opening ceremony is absolutely fantastic and shows the insatiable appetite the public has for top class elite sport.

"Normally the busiest sales period for the Paralympic Games is once the Olympics have begun. The difference in London however is that ahead of the Games starting we had sold over 1.4 million tickets, giving us a great platform with which to build from.

"So far London has delivered a quite spectacular Olympic Games which has further whetted the appetite of the public ahead of the Paralympics.

"Our aim now is to sell every single ticket. It would be fitting that when the Paralympic Movement returns to its spiritual birthplace in three weeks time it does so in front of packed sold-out venues."

British Paralympic Association chief executive Tim Hollingsworth said: "We want everyone to get behind ParalympicsGB in the way they have behind Team GB - it will make a difference. So spread the word.

"We want the stadia to be packed to the rafters with British supporters. I can promise exhilarating sport in stunning venues with all our GB athletes ready to put it all on the line for our country. I know our athletes can't wait to compete in front of the biggest crowds ever at a Paralympic Games and we want them to be full of British fans."

I was slightly miffed about our tickets tonight at ExCeL for taekwondo. We had B tickets - £65 - which, to be honest, seemed pretty average. We were on the 'wrong' side of the arena, more than halfway back in the rows and not 'on' the mat from the side view. Still, we could see and figured it was lucky that we hadn't got a C or D ticket and been even further back. Until we were on the DLR home and the chap next to us had his ticket showing on a lanyard, he'd been to the same event on a D ticket (£30) and had been in our row except that he was 10 seats further along closer to the mat. How on earth does that work?

Great news, this will definitely be one of the best Paralympics.

The UK has one of the strongest awarenesses of the Paralympics - whenever I talk to Americans about it, I think all of the time they have never heard of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever used the "print at home" option on the logoc ticketsite? How long does it take before you recieve the e-ticket?

Well if you printed it at home surely you could do it instantly after you bought it right?

I've got an email saying they have just introduced that option for some tickets that I bought and didn't want to pay for the postage.