• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got bored of waiting to get ticket holders off the 2012 website so Ive made my own. Bought official Lanyards, found plastic ticket holders then branded the holder up myself. Blank one side and

Just got my Paralympics email. I got Opening, closing ceremonies and athletics with the 100m final woo hoo.

OMG!!! I got 2x £20.12 Opening Ceremony tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it I am going to the opening ceremony!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I've bought a ticket an hour ago, did receive a confirmation, but not the e-ticket. That's why I was wondering how long it took.

Hey, at least you can be sure you won't face a Commonwealth Games-style ticket fiasco in this instance!

Euroteam facing bankruptcy after Olympic ticket scandal

Euroteam, an online ticket trader based out of Oslo, Norway, has recently come under severe scrutiny following its selling of what some groups have called "unauthorized" tickets for the recent London Games. According to the company's official website, Euroteam has "suffered overwhelming challenges during the London Olympics 2012," and is now facing bankruptcy.

The company originally sold 20,000 tickets for the Olympic games via the internet, using 12 different websites including [londonsummergames.org] and [euroteamtickets.com]. Only 5,000 of the purchased tickets were actually delivered to buyers according to the European Consumer Centre in Norway. Euroteam is under current investigation by Britain's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) as well as the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Police in Norway seized 455 of the tickets sold by Euroteam, according to Jan Fredrick Senum, a representative of the Romerike Police District in Norway. These tickets were confiscated en route to their buyers on suspicion of fraud, and investigators have alleged that many were illegally obtained by Euroteam.

Euroteam's owner, Atle Barlaup, called Olympic officials a "mafia" who used "all their resources to protect their own economic interests." According to the Euroteam website, the actions of the IOC and the London Olympics were "done solely to harm a legally operating company in the interest of protecting the financial interest of the private organization IOC."

Following the investigation by Britain's OFT, Euroteam's director, Andreas Gyrre, made a deal in court vowing to provide a refund to customers who either did not receive tickets or were denied entry into Olympic events. The court deal allowed Euroteam to resume the use of their websites which had been shut down during police investigation. In addition to refunding ticket buyers with valid complaints, Euroteam was also fined 175,000 euros amidst other probable litigation fees.

Euroteam is now contacting creditors for debt negotiations, but the company doesn't seem to have much hope of staying afloat. Legal battles continue, and according to Euroteam, the company will most likely "not be able to survive the massive costs the damages have caused unless creditors are willing to accept reduced cover of their claims — or wait for the results of coming lawsuits."

http://www.ticketnew...candal081229624

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IOC Executive Board looks into Olympic Games ticket sale model

During its two-day meeting that concluded today, the IOC Executive Board (EB) heard reports concerning some of the challenges related to what was overall a successful London 2012 ticketing programme.

The IOC Ethics Commission made a report based on revelations by the Sunday Times concerning possible breaches of the IOC’s Code of Conduct by National Olympic Committees (NOCs) and Authorised Ticket Resellers (ATRs).

The British newspaper had carried out an undercover investigation into violations of the ticketing agreements between NOCs, ATRs and LOCOG in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympic Games.

The Executive Board approved the Ethics Commission proposed recommendations, which were based on a thorough analysis of the evidence provided by the Sunday Times and several hearings.

Given that the Olympic Charter does not allow for sanctions to be issued to individuals performing functions within NOCs, the EB tasked the four NOCs whose officials clearly tarnished the reputation of the Olympic Movement to take measures in the form of warnings and/or reprimands. Should they fail to do so, it is at the discretion of the EB to initiate further measures, such as denying accreditation to IOC events, including the Olympic Games, the Youth Olympic Games and Sessions.

The EB also approved recommendations made based on the reports provided by the organisers of the London 2012 Olympic Games.

These include immediate measures on an administrative level for a number of NOCs that include no ticket resale opportunities, change of ATR solutions and reduced consideration for ticket allocations with regard to the Sochi 2014 and Rio 2016 Games.

The EB committed to reviewing the existing ticket sales model to ensure that such situations, particularly those involving the NOCs and ATRs, do not reoccur in the future.

As such, the IOC has already begun to review possible long-term solutions by creating a Task Force designed to issue any possible recommendations to the IOC Executive Board for consideration by May 2013.

Read the Ethics Commission report here.

IOC

Companies fined for selling London Olympics tickets at inflated prices

Tickets-to-the-2012-Londo-008.jpg

Three companies, including the authorised resellers Sportsworld Ltd, have been fined for reselling tickets to the 2012 London Olympics at inflated prices. Photograph: Locog/PA

A British court has fined three companies a total of £70,000 for selling tickets for the London Olympics at "hugely inflated prices".

Sportsworld Group Ltd was found guilty of selling tickets in breach of Olympic legislation and fined £50,000. Imperial Corporate Events Limited and Events International pleaded guilty in September and were fined £10,000 each.

Detective Superintendent Nick Downing, who led the Metropolitan Police investigation, said: "These companies exploited the public enthusiasm for the Games and sought to make money by selling the tickets on at hugely inflated prices, despite knowing that they were breaking the law. As an authorised ticket reseller, Sportsworld Group Ltd also abused its position of trust when it decided to operate outside its agreement with Locog."

The investigation focused on 74 tickets that were sold by Sportsworld, an authorised seller, to its sister company Corporate Events Limited, who passed them on to Events International in the full knowledge they would be illegally resold. Some £420,000 was made from the sale of the 74 tickets, with buyers paying up to £21,120 for a pair of tickets to the opening ceremony, and tickets to watch the men's 100m final, with a face value of £1,600, sold for £10,000 as part of a package including a night in a hotel.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/11/companies-fined-olympic-tickets-inflated-prices

• 9 months later...

IOC Executive Board looks into Olympic Games ticket sale model

I see that the COCOM report on London 2012 refers to the current situation on the above as follows:

the IOC has now reviewed its arrangements for the international distribution of tickets and is also considering a number

of proposals for better management of the seating bowl, especially as it relates to Olympic family areas.

Given that the latter was the most noticeable of the ticketing problems, I hope some of the "number of proposals" are especially ingenious.