Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

but that doesn't shy away from the truth, that at the present moment, Rio is delayed (I acknowledge that you acknowledge this aswell I must add).

You've posting that message dozens of time in this one thread alone. You know Rio is delayed, everybody Rio is delayed.... so other than just trying to inflame people, why post the same message over and over?

• Like 1

You've posting that message dozens of time in this one thread alone. You know Rio is delayed, everybody Rio is delayed.... so other than just trying to inflame people, why post the same message over and over?

Like you post the same stuff over and over again? Basically, everyone who's Posting in this thread is somehow repeating themselves. To put it into a simple way, Me, Athensfan, Mr.Bernham etc say Rio is delayed (Obviously with more detailed sentences) then you and some others say Rio's not delayed in other words, everyone's exaggerating ..... Danny says Rio is delayed, but adds something in after to try and make it look less bad then it really is.

Me (...) say Rio is delayed (Obviously with more detailed sentences) then you and some others say Rio's not delayed in other words, everyone's exaggerating ..... Danny says Rio is delayed, but adds something in after to try and make it look less bad then it really is.

Yeah, because you, a 17 years old teenager who live thousands of miles away from Rio, in a city that have nothing to do with Rio, is more updated about my city than the ones who lives here.

Makes all sense. Bravo!!! Bravisimo!!!

:stand ovation:

[Annoucer voice mode on]

One moment audience, Tony will answer a question for 5,000 reals!

Are you ready Tony? Whatever...

What is the bridge near Fundao Island that will take the BRTs from International Airport to Barra and will be opened in 15 days?

Go!

[Annoucer voide mode off]

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

Yeah, because you, a 17 years old teenager who live thousands of miles away from Rio, in a city that have nothing to do with Rio, is more updated about my city than the ones who lives here.

It's all over International Media. How do we know your not being bias?

It's all over International Media. How do we know your not being bias?

[announcer voice mode on]

We are waiting your answer Tony.

You are the one who knows everything about Rio!!!

For 5,000 reals, what is the bridge name for BRTs near Fundao Island?

Don't disappoint us, Tony!!!

[announcer voice mode off]

[announcer voice]

Don't forget, you have some helps! You can use 50:50, you can call your mom or read the international media.

C'mon Tony, all the UK is waiting your answer!!!

[AV mode off]

Edited by DannyelBrazil

[announcer voice mode on]

We are waiting your answer Tony.

You are the one who knows everything about Rio!!!

For 5,000 reals, what is the bridge name for BRTs near Fundao Island?

Don't disappoint us, Tony!!!

[announcer voice mode off]

[announcer voice]

Don't forget, you have some helps! You can use 50:50, you can call your mom or read the international media.

C'mon Tony, all the UK is waiting your answer!!!

[AV mode off]

What is wrong with you? This discussion is about Rio 2016's Preparations. I've never been to Rio, but neither has a lot of people on here I assume, doesn't stop us from talking about it. So basically, what your saying is, no one can comment on any news story if they haven't been to that location. 90 per cent of everyday conversations is from World News. Information shows, Pictures shows, Officials panicking shows how much worry there is about how delayed Rio is. Rio's preparations are in worse shape then Athens I'm afraid.

Beeeeeeeeng!!!

[Annoucer voice]

The correct answer is:

Mayor Pereira Passos Bridge

You used International Media card but pity, International media does not know everything.

You leave the trivia show with 0 reals. Awnnn

It seems you don't know everything about Rio.

So the spotlight is not on Tony anymore.

Who's next?

[AV MODEoff]

I just love game shows

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Excuse me, maybe you're the only carioca here. -_-

Dannyel is paulista :D I think I'm the only carioca.

I don't think it's worth the effort to convince someone. We are not seers. We can't say that we'll be ready, but also, nobody can say that we are late. What do we know is this:

http://www.apo.gov.br/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/carteira_de_projetos_v1.pdf

Source: http://www.apo.gov.br/

The contracts with the construction companies are signed and works started or are about to begin. So I suggest Tony back here only after these deadlines are over (if something is still being built) since the only thing he likes to say is that we are late (as he does in World Cup thread with Curitiba and São Paulo).

Ok, we're late. The games will take place only in 2017.

Just after Tokyo 2015 and London 2016

Bezzi, missing your remarks here.

And yes I'm a paulista as much as Tony is beach-based-soccerlover-sunburned carioca... lol

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

Whatever, British tabloid journalist created this. Anyway, i remember when I was in Turin during the 2005 summer, they really had nothing done in the city. In Athens, just 2 weeks before the OC they still hammered and refurbished many places. Piraeus Port just looked like a huge toilet a few days before the Games, and even during the Games :P. I'm sure Rio will make it great.

• Like 3

From O Globo newspaper:

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/ancelmo/posts/2014/01/07/a-ver-navios-520077.asp

112_68-obradehotelnabarra.jpg

The Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and has remade the accounts. Early estimates were aware that for the 2016 Olympics, Rio need four ships and ten thousand five rooms Stars. But the city has managed to reduce the need for only one ship with 2,500 rooms. This is because have advanced the construction of new hotels - like this, see above, the American network Hyatt in Barra. The new hotel will have 436 apartments. In time, the Barcelona Games in 1992, eight ships were needed and in Athens in 2004, 12 vessels

And the Olympic Village in April 12th

2014_04_12_11_33_29.jpg

• Like 1

The project for all Maracana Stadium area in the Olympic mode.

http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/rjtv-2a-edicao/t/edicoes/v/projeto-olimpico-do-complexo-esportivo-do-maracana-sera-reformado/3343775/

There is no tender to be set, since the Maracana is now private-operated.

The works must start after the end of the World Cup.

Among them:

- The sound system for Maracanazinho (Volley).

- New stands for both Athletics and Swimming complex.

- New bars and restaurantes in the complex.

- The museum of Maracana with the history of the stadium and the 2 World Cups hosted in the stadium.

[Annoucer voice mode on]

One moment audience, Tony will answer a question for 5,000 reals!

Are you ready Tony? Whatever...

What is the bridge near Fundao Island that will take the BRTs from International Airport to Barra and will be opened in 15 days?

Go!

[Annoucer voide mode off]

haha, BRT is the name of my new cities metro-airport :lol: