GamesBids' Tokyo 2020 Closing Ceremony Live Chat (Paralympics edition)

2 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

Nice touch, the Eiffel Tower with a prosthetic blade.

But I'm asking myself whether Paris 2024will include such street action segments into their ceremonies.

That is what they are announcing. We have 3 years left and most of the original plans are changed most of the times. Street celebration would mean a work 3times bigger than a "stadium" ceremony. 

Just now, Nacholympic said:

That is what they are announcing. We have 3 years left and most of the original plans are changed most of the times. Street celebration would mean a work 3times bigger than a "stadium" ceremony. 

I'm not sure whether that is a good idea. For the two handover segments, the street segments were the least convincing parts for me. It looked like a community event, but not like an Olympic ceremony.

10 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Bloody amazing creating music with eye-tracking from his own eyes!!

Absolutely amazing !!
Wow

I agree. Did anyone notice a blade as one of the legs for the Eiffel Tower. Tony estanguet reminding me of that Mariah Carey video where she in Paris.

And the flame just turned purple.

4 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Good and shorter segment for the handover. 

I wonder if since now on handover ceremonies will be direct from the host city or they'll return to the stadium as usual. 

That could start a trend.

Yes, the flame looks really purple now. I'm curious whether future Olympic/Paralympic hosts will follow Tokyo's concept of having a hydrogen flame. It allows to colour the flame in different colours. Hopefully no host will ever get the idea of colouring the flame in its national colours. ;)