The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i didnt read the thread before i started designing.

I drew the rings myself, i know tokyo did one but this is a practice unless we cant have practices in which case this is my entry haha

looks really bad i know but still good for a first shot?

tokyo2020.png

ohhh god mine looks like it was drawn by a 6 year old compared to others here lol

and another thing i wasnt meant to do 2020 haha ok on to do christchurch

What do the horns symbolize?

Demetrius, very nice. But it should be '24...not 24'. The ' takes the place of the '20'. It's like saying the '50s or the'60s.

Unless he is making a joking with "24 minutes" or 24'

The reason, I don't know why...

Rols, one question (to determine if I will keep the design presented or withdraw it and present a new one).

The comp is for a logo of the games itself or a bid logo?

(In my case, the logo is respecting the IOC rules for bid logos).

Thanks!

Rols, one question (to determine if I will keep the design presented or withdraw it and present a new one).

The comp is for a logo of the games itself or a bid logo?

(In my case, the logo is respecting the IOC rules for bid logos).

Thanks!

It's actually a host logo - so we don't need any "candidate city" or "applicant city" included on them. Looking at yours, I think it's easy enough to take it of the one you submitted. But no need to resubmit it - it's easy enough to see what it is like without the applicant city tag. I'll still count it (as well as Afiq's - which I really liked) unless you really want to re-do it (or submit another entry).

A question for me to everyone - have I allocated too much time for the comp? I've given about a month for submissins, but we've had a lot (and good ones) so far, and I don't want everybody to get bored, impatient and lose interest. I was just going by the notion that in the past, when I've allowed two weeks or so, someone always comes up at the last moment and asks for an extension - I figured I'd head that off but be strict about the Jan 5 deadline. I don't want anyone to miss out because they were counting on submitting something after Xmas, but I'm quite willing to wrap it up before Chrissie as well if people prefer (though if it stretches on a bit into the time I'm gonna be away, I might have to ask someone to manage the final polls then).

A question for me to everyone - have I allocated too much time for the comp? I've given about a month for submissins, but we've had a lot (and good ones) so far, and I don't want everybody to get bored, impatient and lose interest. I was just going by the notion that in the past, when I've allowed two weeks or so, someone always comes up at the last moment and asks for an extension - I figured I'd head that off but be strict about the Jan 5 deadline. I don't want anyone to miss out because they were counting on submitting something after Xmas, but I'm quite willing to wrap it up before Chrissie as well if people prefer (though if it stretches on a bit into the time I'm gonna be away, I might have to ask someone to manage the final polls then).

let's keep the d/line Jan 5. I can get at least one in -- but sometime after 12/25.

Archived