The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure?

I thought it was VERY good.

Thank you, but yes, I withdraw this very design.

Let's say, I will put some elements like the Olympic rings but I will keep the original concept. Just to be in the same terms of the other entries =]

News on it soon!

Thanks for the comprehension

Hi mates,

sorry - I have missed this interesting thread so far, due last week I had a pneumonia, with which I had to deal (I am still a little weak, but I hope that it is improving every day now) - I have to browse the thread and take a look for the already placed proposals...

Here is my submission -

nyc-2024-soaring1.jpg

nyc2024-color-bg-soaring.jpg

The design represents the statue of liberty, and the seven spikes also symbolize people coming together from all over the world. The torch primarily represents lighting the way to freedom, and the burning ambition of the human heart.

Yes, but it represents the statue of liberty's torch. The IOC allowed it for their bid logo. I wouldn't use it if it were another city. If you guys are absolutely against it, and think it would harm me getting votes, than I will rethink it. Rols, please let me know your thoughts.

2012_NYC.png

It's hard to tell without having the Statue of Liberty..... Could be any torch and with Olympic rings directly beneath it.... Hmmmm....,

The statue of liberty's crown is featured, and I designed it to be a cleaned up version from this angle...

depositphotos_2491615-Statue-of-liberty.jpg

I will respect any decision made, and will make the change if it determined that most people here would have an issue with it.

...and let's not forget Atlanta 1996.

atlanta.jpg

I get it now. I didn't know that was supposed to be the crown. Thanks.

The torch rule only applies to BID logos. Not Games logos. Hence Atlanta.

Rols said that these are games logos, hence not adding "Candidate City" to the logo design.

Atlanta's happened before the IOC appropriated the image. Besides, Atlanta's was a cauldron/pyre as in an ancient Greek temple...NOT a hand-held torch. Your "flame" is nothing like Lady Liberty's flame. Just got a call from Jacques baby. "No go" he says.

I will not respond further on this issue to a person who hand sketches his logos (the IOC doesn't accept hand sketched logos), and has no role in organizing this comp.

I don't think it is fair to me or anyone else to be publicly criticizing their logo before voting.

Rols and overall sentiment seems to be in favor of allowing me to keep the logo as is. If you have any further complaints or issues with my logo, please direct them in a PM to Rols.

I will not respond further on this issue to a person who hand sketches his logos (the IOC doesn't accept hand sketched logos),

Well, how did past hosts submit their logos, pre-computer-age? Did they have 'em done by ETs? :blink:

Funny, I don't remember Leonardo da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Salvador Dali or Pablo Picasso using a computer either... :lol:

Well, how did past hosts submit their logos, pre-computer-age? Did they have done by ETs? :blink:

Funny, I don't remember Leonardo da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Salvador Dali or Pablo Picasso using a computer either... :lol:

...but in the one breath you say "that was AFTER Atlanta 1996".

Baron - GET A LIFE my friend. I am sorry no one really participated in your double logo contest for Roma and Reno. Stop eating so many sour grapes.

Rols said that these are games logos, hence not adding "Candidate City" to the logo design.

Got it. My mistake. Sorry.

Btw, Soaring, I was just asking a question about the rules. I really did not mean to put you down at all. I don't share Baron's attitude. I'm sorry if I seemed critical. It wasn't my intent.

Archived