The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Rob's design but I don't think it translates very well for some reason.

This is my current favourite but would need a design revision before it being the final option. In addition, things like ribbons just don't work for a city like NYC. The "nyc" logo actually has potential but seems too much like a tech company logo/vibe.

nyc1.jpeg

After some modifications, here are my two final logo entries:

1. Christchurch

iird-logo.JPG

This is a logo not just for Christchurch, but the whole of New Zealand as this would be NZ's games. The colours are wintery and the main logo itself depicts a Kiwi, a unique bird to NZ. It's body can represent a cloud, wave, or Maori design, all important aspects of NZ life. Its head depicts a mountain.

2. New York

nyc1.jpeg

As New York is one of thee most multicultural cities in the world, this has been designed to represent everyone who lives or visits the city. It represents graffitti, modern, loud colours and designs. I simply used 24, to symbolise the 2024 games.

I hope you all like the logos, after a few tweaks with both, these are the final two designs. Good luck to everyone competing.

Am I a bit too late? :P

NYC2024Logo.jpg

Well for those who aren't aware of the symbolism of this particular logo, let me run through it:

1. Immediately invokes the classic I (Heart) NY Logo (as well as use of iconic font).

2. Apple stem on top invokes the city's nickname: The Big Apple.

3. A stylized version of the Earth and it's continents are placed within the heart shape. I (Heart) Earth.

4. The "satellite" rings and the base invokes a classic well known landmark, the Unisphere.

5. Provides a unique perspective, avoiding the use of (other, cliche) well known images such as the Statue of Liberty or NYC Skyline, for example.

The motto, though not part of the logo itself will be : "Right through the very heart of it..." A line from the classic song: New York, New York.

Since there are many proposals for 2024, I will concentrate my efforts on the logo for 2026, so I'll have more chances. Here's my work:

cc2026.jpg

Now I'm working on the banner and the slogan

I finished my work. here is the result and the meanings:

cc01vx.jpg

^^

I know the correct is "Christchurch" but separating the name we have two two important words for christians: The "Church" of "Christ." Two words that start with the same letter. These two letters, together with the image of Christchurch Cathedral form the image of the logo. The colors were inspired by the stunning landscape of New Zealand. The contrast of the green of the fields with the blue of the ocean is part of this paradise. As these are the Winter Games so I put all the rings in gray also to not distune with the colors of the logo.

The slogan:

Come Compete

The pair of letters "C" from the logo appear again in the slogan. It is an invitation to the athletes. Come compete in Christchurc!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

ny01i.jpg

The next is the Summer Games in New York. I don't know if anyone has noticed but the spherical image is actually the world and the face turned to us is the city of New York. Specifically, the Central Park, which is the center of the logo (the green part). There is also a small skyline and the silhouettes of the Statue of Liberty. The globe, the font and even the rings (I don't know if the IOC would accept this) all in a visual digitalized like the image was reproduced in an scoreboard.

The slogan:

Nature and Youth in a unique City

Again, the letters of the city present in the slogan. The letters "NYC" are highlighted in the sentence. New York is a unique city in the world. A metropolis that mixes nature and modern with a vibrant youth.

o-central-park-em-nova-iorque-5.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Now some applications for the logos. Both work well with variable background colors, but only The 2026 one can also be displayed in monochromatic.

shirtcc.jpg

shirtny.jpg

Archived