Madrid 2020

I imagine she refers to the 'A games between two cities, bla bla bla', which Istanbul uses in tourism campaings, in the Games, in championships, etc, They always use the same sentence to apply for everything, theres nothing new there. Aren't the 'austerity Games' something new??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

well if she doesnt get how unique is Istanbuls location its her problem. non other city offers such diverse but also compact cultural geographical option, not just for 2020 but also in general.

what will dey say for 24 Durban campaign den? only continent left, africa welcomes u blahblah...? accept it Madrid is not a special city like Rio, Istanbul, Venice. does ones blessed with mother nature and some touches with humans:)

uh not to forget i love spain and people, but doesnt like their behaves in this race...trying to higher their bid cant progress with s..ting on others..

Uhmmm... Yes. It's better that radaition or riots

Don't be ridiculous. It won't take 7 years to fix that radiation problem in Japan; and those riots aren't happening EVERY day. Jeez. :rolleyes: But it took Montreal and Mexico some 30 years to pay for their Olympics.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

well if she doesnt get how unique is Istanbuls location its her problem. non other city offers such diverse but also compact cultural geographical option, not just for 2020 but also in general.

what will dey say for 24 Durban campaign den? only continent left, africa welcomes u blahblah...? accept it Madrid is not a special city like Rio, Istanbul, Venice. does ones blessed with mother nature and some touches with humans:)

uh not to forget i love spain and people, but doesnt like their behaves in this race...trying to higher their bid cant progress with s..ting on others..

Not this "Istanbul is new and unique" crap. What makes those cities sooo special besides that fact that the games have not been there yet. At least Europe and North America saw the potential in the games before the rest of the world and now they want a shot to get the rings it's complete and utter BS. Istanbul needs to sort out their political problems before they host the games, but the Middle East is in a rough spot right now and if Syria escalates into an all out Middle Eastern war- they can kiss the next 50 years good bye and DC 2024 might as well jump into Japans radioactive disaster.

Not this "Istanbul is new and unique" crap. What makes those cities sooo special besides that fact that the games have not been there yet. At least Europe and North America saw the potential in the games before the rest of the world and now they want a shot to get the rings it's complete and utter BS. Istanbul needs to sort out their political problems before they host the games, but the Middle East is in a rough spot right now and if Syria escalates into an all out Middle Eastern war- they can kiss the next 50 years good bye and DC 2024 might as well jump into Japans radioactive disaster.

do u remember Chechenia and Georgia war at the doors of Sochi? or North Korea just miles away seoul and pc?

dont be ridiculous about security. Istanbul is safe place. and stabil as Russia china and brazil. even half of people hate the government the other half voted for in a clear voting system.

yeah thts democracy :)

• Like 2

I spent my holidays in Istanbul one year ago. Dirty city and thiefs everywhere. Taxis and waiters try to thief me five times in a week. I don't want that the Olympic family feel the same that me.

I know you're a troll - but this is hilarious coming from a Spaniard - Spain is notorious for pickpockets. Barcelona is probably THE worst city in Europe.

I was in Istanbul in 2007 - and while I thought it was worse than most of Northern Europe, most of inner Istanbul was no different to the level of begging/pickpocketing you'd find in Italy, France or Central Europe.

• Like 1

In fact, I just Google searched "Worst countries for Pickpocketing" and this is the results from two travellers surveys in separate years:

1 Barcelona; 2 Prague; 3 Rome; 4 Madrid; 5 Paris; 6 Buenos Aires; 7 Florence; 8 Amsterdam; 9 Hanoi; 10 Athens

http://www.escapehere.com/inspiration/10-worst-cities-in-the-world-for-pickpocketing/

1 Barcelona; 2 Rome; 3 Prague; 4 Madrid; 5 Paris; 6 Florence; 7 Buenos Aires; 8 Amsterdam; 9 Athens; 10 Hanoi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/01/worst-cities-for-pickpockets_n_746918.html#s148442&title=10_Hanoi_

You only have to do a simple search to find collective agreement the Spain is THE WORST country in Europe for pickpocketing.

I spent my holidays in Istanbul one year ago. Dirty city and thiefs everywhere. Taxis and waiters try to thief me five times in a week. I don't want that the Olympic family feel the same that me.

5 times a week... dude u have a prob. withyourself... :)

thts why i dont want madrid to win. spanish getting dirty....:/

There is some people that are only missing a sign with the words "I'm robbable, please do steal"; I mean, I see everyday people in Brussels (which is not one of the safest cities in Europe to put it this way) walking around the streets taking less care for their belongings than they would usually do in their hometown; people that go in a cafeteria, leave their expensive camera sitting alone in the table while going to the bathroom, etc, and things like that. The attacks of this trolls against Istanbul should not be taken as the majority of Spanish people playing very hard and dirty on Istanbul...

There is some people that are only missing a sign with the words "I'm robbable, please do steal"; I mean, I see everyday people in Brussels (which is not one of the safest cities in Europe to put it this way) walking around the streets taking less care for their belongings than they would usually do in their hometown; people that go in a cafeteria, leave their expensive camera sitting alone in the table while going to the bathroom, etc, and things like that. The attacks of this trolls against Istanbul should not be taken as the majority of Spanish people playing very hard and dirty on Istanbul...

i dont like spanish trolls..:)

also tapas too....:)

In fact, I just Google searched "Worst countries for Pickpocketing" and this is the results from two travellers surveys in separate years:

1 Barcelona; 2 Prague; 3 Rome; 4 Madrid; 5 Paris; 6 Buenos Aires; 7 Florence; 8 Amsterdam; 9 Hanoi; 10 Athens

http://www.escapehere.com/inspiration/10-worst-cities-in-the-world-for-pickpocketing/

1 Barcelona; 2 Rome; 3 Prague; 4 Madrid; 5 Paris; 6 Florence; 7 Buenos Aires; 8 Amsterdam; 9 Athens; 10 Hanoi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/01/worst-cities-for-pickpockets_n_746918.html#s148442&title=10_Hanoi_

You only have to do a simple search to find collective agreement the Spain is THE WORST country in Europe for pickpocketing.

I imagine that having so many 'guiris' around here, help to pickpockerting. Japan and Turkey can't even dream with having 56 million+ tourists per year, it's one of its consequencies.

In Tokio 'they would give you your wallet back if you forget it', but that wallet would probably be empty after having stayed in an hotel there.

Here you have another list, the most expensive cities in the world.

1.Luanda; 2.Moscow; 3.Tokio; 4.Yamena; 5.Singapour

http://actualidad.rt.com/galerias/actualidad/view/100854-ciudades-caras-mundo-extranjeros?i=131121

http://www.elespectador.com/noticias/actualidad/ciudades-mas-caras-delmundo-articulo-436062

Not this "Istanbul is new and unique" crap. What makes those cities sooo special besides that fact that the games have not been there yet. At least Europe and North America saw the potential in the games before the rest of the world and now they want a shot to get the rings it's complete and utter BS.

Oh, get off your fricken high horse. And what makes Madrid so special "besides the fact that they're the only major European capital that never hosted the Games before" that they keep crowing about. Please, "it's complete & utter BS"!

And North America & Europe didn't "see the potential in the Games", moreso than it was a case that Europe was the place the Games originated from & then expanded from there. That's the allure to the IOC to go to new reaches TBW, so they can branch out their brand.

In the end, the Olympics are really a business, & like any other global company, they want to reach as many potential customers as possible. That's why China's "the most populous nation on the planet that's yet to host" was such a powerful trump card for their 2008 bid.

Istanbul needs to sort out their political problems before they host the games, but the Middle East is in a rough spot right now and if Syria escalates into an all out Middle Eastern war- they can kiss the next 50 years good bye and DC 2024 might as well jump into Japans radioactive disaster.

This is so rich from someone that supports Madrid. By your flawed logic then, Madrid should sort out their big financial mess & huge doping problems before they host the Games. What double standards you have there.

And like someone else pointed out in this thread, & which has also been pointed out before. But look how close Sochi is to the very troubled Chechyen region. Or PyeongChang only less than 50 miles from one of the most volatile borders in the world. So why don't you put things into perspective first before making such farce claims.

And it could only get worse with the climbing unemployment.

The behaviour of the Spanish on these forums, has really turned me off the Spanish bid. I really hope this race comes down to Istanbul vs Tokyo.

You think? Yet they're the first ones to cry, moan & b!tch if someone dares to critique their "wonderful" bid. Such obnoxious hypocrites they are, to say the least!

• Like 1

Oh, get off your fricken high horse. And what makes Madrid so special "besides the fact that they're the only major European capital that never hosted the Games before" that they keep crowing about. Please, "it's complete & utter BS"!

And North America & Europe didn't "see the potential in the Games", moreso than it was a case that Europe was the place the Games originated from & then expanded from there. That's the allure to the IOC to go to new reaches TBW, so they can branch out their brand.

In the end, the Olympics are really a business, & like any other global company, they want to reach as many potential customers as possible. That's why China's "the most populous nation on the planet that's yet to host" was such a powerful trump card for their 2008 bid.

This is so rich from someone that supports Madrid. By your flawed logic then, Madrid should sort out their big financial mess & huge doping problems before they host the Games. What double standards you have there.

And like someone else pointed out in this thread, & which has also been pointed out before. But look how close Sochi is to the very troubled Chechyen region. Or PyeongChang only less than 50 miles from one of the most volatile borders in the world. So why don't you put things into perspective first before making such farce claims.

And it could only get worse with the climbing unemployment.

You think? Yet they're the first ones to cry, moan & b!tch if someone dares to critique their "wonderful" bid. Such obnoxious hypocrites they are, to say the least!

Maybe someone stolen you your wallet while you were in Spain, and thats where your hate come from :blink:

By the way, if you wear white socks and sandals, you are more likely to suffer pickpocketing :ph34r::ph34r:

You're such a troll. I don't "hate" Madrid nor Spain. I've told you & your compatriot cronies that umpteenth times. But you obviously don't understand the difference. But it's okay for you to hate Tokyo & Istanbul. Que hypocreta! :P

Emm, i don't hate neither Tokio nor Istanbul, in fact Istanbul its among my favourite cities, but I'm Spanish and I want the games in madrid, it's not so difficult to understand. Hypocreta? did you wanted to say 'hipócrita' or 'croqueta' ?

I imagine that having so many 'guiris' around here, help to pickpockerting. Japan and Turkey can't even dream with having 56 million+ tourists per year, it's one of its consequencies.

In Tokio 'they would give you your wallet back if you forget it', but that wallet would probably be empty after having stayed in an hotel there.

Here you have another list, the most expensive cities in the world.

http://actualidad.rt.com/galerias/actualidad/view/100854-ciudades-caras-mundo-extranjeros?i=131121

http://www.elespectador.com/noticias/actualidad/ciudades-mas-caras-delmundo-articulo-436062

excuse me.... turkey has 35m tourists in a year and Istanbul has 11m. double madrid....