Rio 2016 Logo Launch - Live Discussion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The typography is so nice, reminds me a bit of Sydney

Sochi...THIS..is how you do a logo :P

Well, as lots of people hoped, a bit of a throwback to traditional logos after London and Sochi.

I do like the way the typeface fits the graphic well.

Finally...after so many years, a good olympic logo. Probably there will be people who doesnt like it but i felt in love with it instantly. Well done Rio

Now i wonder how the rest of the Look of the Games will be

I'm so...indifferent. And that's the worst sentiment you can get from something that's supposed to stick to your mind. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I just don't care for it. It could have been so much better, IMHO. Still, better than the WC one.

I have just realized, but it's a bit difficult... The shape of the Sugarloaf mountain is clearer :P

Yes, Sugar Loaf (and christ in blue, not too clear) are there too.

I liked, the logo is very Brazilian (people celebrating< hot colours) and the typing is very good.

Rio played it safe. It's traditional logo and I can imagine the usage will be great (for flags, corporate design and this kind of stuff).

Well, let's see other opinion of our fellow friends here =]

I'm so...indifferent. And that's the worst sentiment you can get from something that's supposed to stick to your mind. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I just don't care for it. It could have been so much better, IMHO. Still, better than the WC one.

Yeah, I'm not enthused, or disappointed, either way. Like Danny said, playing it safe.

I'm not enthusiastic too, but at least, it's a very Ok logo and I think the usage of the brand will be great. Let's wait and see.

But the video and the unveiling in the video... Wow!!! What a moment!

Yes, Sugar Loaf (and christ in blue, not too clear) are there too.

I liked, the logo is very Brazilian (people celebrating< hot colours) and the typing is very good.

Rio played it safe. It's traditional logo and I can imagine the usage will be great (for flags, corporate design and this kind of stuff).

Well, let's see other opinion of our fellow friends here =]

The blue Christ and the green and yellow Sugarloaf are just perfect. They're placed just like in the typical Rio photo (yeah, use your imagination a bit):

rio-de-janeiro.jpg

The typing is superb! Does anyone know the name? I want to use it for my writings...

Disappointed as I am, I have to say that the font they decided to use is simply amazing. So swift and curvy. They couldn't have picked a better one.

Btw, wasn't there something somewhere saying they were trying to stay away from the cliched images? Why go with the Sugar Loaf, then? o.o

Archived