Olympic Logo Competition - Post Them Here!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its not bad. just looks like something somebody on drugs would create.

IMHO it kind of follows in the tradition of past Olympic logos in that sense! If I didn't know better I'd say the logos of Mexico City, Munich and London were all created under the influence of some kind of weird mind-bending drug. So CAF's logo is in good company. :lol:

Not that I'm suggesting for a second CAF uses any kind of weird mind-bending drugs! B)

1968S_poster_b.jpg

^^^ I mean, compared to that, CAF's logo is pretty normal.

/\ Rather noble, David. But a crucial element is missing. Where is that landmark, architectural masterpiece of Pyongyang -- the Ryugong (sp?) hotel?

The North Korean government has decided not to refer to Ryugyong Hotel in any way, at the very least not until it is finished! :P

PRAGUE 2016

Logo

The flag of the Czech Republic has been turned on its side and is morphed so as to become part of an image of Prague's Vltava River with its famous bridges. The image itself has been placed inside a gold-ring, representing both the gold medals of the Olympic Games and Prague itself; which is nicknamed "The Golden City".

pragueir6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Banner

"The Golden City Games" becomes the slogan used on the banner. The city's skyline is shown under a golden sun and the shapes used within the logo become a subtle part of the branding; a kind of matrix which, when placed above any image, relates it directly to Prague 2016. The colours used are bright and contrast with the logo's colours as well as matching those of the Olympic rings.

praguebannerfo6.th.jpgthpix.gif

positively fantastic.

Here's my second entry :D. I wasn't exactly satisfy with choosing that LA design (I have plenty :D).

seattlesmallkc1.jpg

The blue waters meet with the rugged green mountain adorned by the golden sun. (representing Seattle's nature).

If you haven't been to Seattle, visit it. It's Naturally Exhilarating.

Banner: ;)

seattle2dx5.jpg

seattle2dx5.jpg

Very nice logo indeed. My only criticism would be that I don't like the way the black box obscures the text. I wonder how necessary the box is to the design overall actually; it seems to go against the flowing lines and lightness of touch used in the rest of the logo.

I'm being picky of course, it's a very neat bit of design. :)

I see you've taken a similar approach to me with the banner design. I do think having elements of the logo simple enough to place almost transparently over an image of the city works well.

Another good effort. Is this instead of your LA entry or as well as it?

Here's my second entry :D. I wasn't exactly satisfy with choosing that LA design (I have plenty :D).

seattlesmallkc1.jpg

The blue waters meet with the rugged green mountain adorned by the golden sun. (representing Seattle's nature).

If you haven't been to Seattle, visit it. It's Naturally Exhilarating.

Is ING Bank one of your sponsors?

http://www.ingdirect.com/osa_google/

Archived