PC 2018 Cauldron placement

Pyeong_cauldron_zpsi9uo1sfb.jpg?t=149818

Am purely guessing here -- but the above is how I think the cauldron will rise @ the 2018 OC.  It will be on a post hidden in the stairs.  Final Lighter(s) - probably Yuna Kim) will light it at its base; it will then rise a la Athens to that spot overlooking the whole stadium and directly in line of sight of the VIP box/Tribune of Honor. 

{IMG]http://s5.photobucket.com/Pyeong_cauldron_zpsi9uo1sfb[/img]

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Attaching photo

Yuna Kim lightning the cauldron seems most likely tbh given almost everyone wants her and she was already made an ambassador and has posed constantly with the torch ever since it was released. I'm having a feel they might try taking another direction with the final torchbearer (not that I have anything against Yuna, just that it seems way too predictable at this point). 

26 minutes ago, Roger87 said:

Yuna Kim must be a lock at this stage, because who else?

They will always have back-ups and Plan Bs.  And remember in 1988, everyone conjectured it would be Kitei-Son.  But it turned out to be 3 unknown persons, one of whom was a teacher.  I forget what professions the 2 others were.   So you never know until it happens.  

14 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

in 1988, everyone conjectured it would be Kitei-Son.  But it turned out to be 3 unknown persons, one of whom was a teacher.  I forget what professions the 2 others were. 

The nice thing was that the other two professions (dancer and marathon runner) completed a symbolic reference to Baron de Coubertin's original concept of the Olympics involving Sport, Art and Culture. A bit of symbolic significance in the choice is always a bonus.

With this in mind, I perhaps suggest if the organizers don't want to go towards Kim Yu Na for predictability issues being an obvious lock maybe Ahn Hyun-Soo aka Viktor Ahn, Kim Dong Sam, Lee Sang Hwa, Chung Lee-Kyung, and Kim Ki-Hoon (South Korea's first Winter Olympic gold medalist)--all in speed skating (both types but mostly short track). All are not as well known worldwide as Kim is, but it would remind the world that there's others who are worthy of attention. Ahn, perhaps the closest in terms of global Q rating for South Korean athletes with maybe Lee, would be interesting because of the Russian citizenship angle and won more gold since; having him light the torch would act as forgiveness over why he left South Korea.

11 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Who knows?  Maybe they'll let the little Brat of the peninsula light the cauldron instead of lighting his nukes???  It's a small price to pay for some sanity!  Of course, all of South Korea would probably be LMFAO'ing! 

Or, in the spirit of the host city choice, it could be some obscure nerd called Kim Jong An.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nevermind, I already saw it (silly me for not checking old posts. Sorry i've been very off from the site due to personal issues)

Screen_Shot_2017_09_30_at_18_07_08.png

It's actually kinda small. I wonder if they took notes from Rio downgrading the Cauldron size and everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 6:09 AM, fantomex said:

Hello everybody ! I don't really know where to post it but I'm going to Norway soon, and I was wondering if the 1952 Oslo cauldorn is still there, and where can I find it ? My research on google are not helping me... :-(

It's @ the Norwegian Olympic Museum in Lillehammer.