GamesBids' London 2012 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been criticised tonight during the opening for my opinions, which I think is unfair. The thing I like about Gamesbids is that you can have an opinion. There are some who will love every aspect of these games because they are London's games and that is their opinion and I respect that. I am not going to lie and say I loved every bit of the artistic portion of the ceremony when I didn't. Some bits i loved, some I hated, some I thought boring, some I thought wow, some I thought funny, some I thought cheesy.

Maybe it looked better on tv, but when u pay nearly 2000 pounds to see a ceremony - i think i should be able to make my thoughts and opinions clear.

This is what we do, we judge a ceremony on what we see and what we have seen in the past, and each ceremony seems to get better than the previous - I just don't feel that has happened on this occasion. Each to their own - for me, the artistic segment has been Commonwealth standard and i make no apologies for having that opinion.

Didn't Canada not win a gold at there own home games? Yeah thats right. Shutup

Um...yeah, in 1976, with 11 medals. But at least Canada had Olympic traditions and medals before then. Things have changed. You can't just pull host these days without an Olympic tradition and legacy plans.

lol Vancouver 14 golds more then any nation ever at a WOG. Only nation to break most golds record on home soil. More then makes up for 76 and 88

lol Vancouver 14 golds more then any nation ever at a WOG. Only nation to break most golds record on home soil. More then makes up for 76 and 88

I have been criticised tonight during the opening for my opinions, which I think is unfair. The thing I like about Gamesbids is that you can have an opinion. There are some who will love every aspect of these games because they are London's games and that is their opinion and I respect that. I am not going to lie and say I loved every bit of the artistic portion of the ceremony when I didn't. Some bits i loved, some I hated, some I thought boring, some I thought wow, some I thought funny, some I thought cheesy.

Maybe it looked better on tv, but when u pay nearly 2000 pounds to see a ceremony - i think i should be able to make my thoughts and opinions clear.

This is what we do, we judge a ceremony on what we see and what we have seen in the past, and each ceremony seems to get better than the previous - I just don't feel that has happened on this occasion. Each to their own - for me, the artistic segment has been Commonwealth standard and i make no apologies for having that opinion.

Good on ya! Games weren't exceptional to me they were good though. Forums are about having an opinion.

anyway big roar for south africa!

Still pretty embarassing. Glad Qatar has perseverance. Anyway not the time to discuss that

@Scotguy...Nah, you're fine...I think by the end of the night most people outside of UK will be going WTF??? Too much history piled into so short a 'contemporary themed' timeframe.

Archived