GamesBids' London 2012 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have TV commentators from any of the broadcasts discussed the petals? Don't think so here in Canada.

Here in Brazil yes... They are saying it's part of cauldron, but the cauldron itself they have no clue...

They changed the comment made minutes ago (saying GBTeam former athletes would carry the cauldron)

He's still going on about Montreal 1976, defending a country with two bronze medals brought in over 7 Olympiads. Forget that Olympic rich countries like Hungary, Romania, Poland, and South Africa have never hosted the Summer Games. Qatar's Olympic tradition trumps all...yep, two bronze medals and a bunch of air conditioned facilities...that's an ideal Olympic host.

I have been criticised tonight during the opening for my opinions, which I think is unfair. The thing I like about Gamesbids is that you can have an opinion. There are some who will love every aspect of these games because they are London's games and that is their opinion and I respect that. I am not going to lie and say I loved every bit of the artistic portion of the ceremony when I didn't. Some bits i loved, some I hated, some I thought boring, some I thought wow, some I thought funny, some I thought cheesy.

Maybe it looked better on tv, but when u pay nearly 2000 pounds to see a ceremony - i think i should be able to make my thoughts and opinions clear.

This is what we do, we judge a ceremony on what we see and what we have seen in the past, and each ceremony seems to get better than the previous - I just don't feel that has happened on this occasion. Each to their own - for me, the artistic segment has been Commonwealth standard and i make no apologies for having that opinion.

You're entitled. C.

GO TUVALU!!

Turkmenistan if u slander the country u get the tounge cut off! THey also started a Hockey league in a desert for the first time!!

Tuvalu making its second appearance after Beijing.

Archived