Ceremonies on UTube, Pt 2

baron-pierreIV

Yeah, but to be fair, I am just now reclaiming some free time after some very consistent work last month (I work in sports retail with plans for another job)

Also while the Kiwis were marching, Televisa used an overhead shot of the Mexicans directed towards the field to enter with the rest of the delegations.

• 2 weeks later...

Seven Australia's coverage of the Barcelona 1992 Olympic Closing Ceremony:

Thanks for that! For those who watched by then in 1992, did Seven gave it an intro to this or did the host immediately sent it to over to Montjuic Olympic Stadium (I'm serioiusly thinking the latter).

You know, just watching this reminds me once again just how butchered NBC's coverage of that same ceremony is when it omitted A LOT out of it. Not letting it go more full. It started things by going to the flag parade that just started, thus omitting El Tricycle, the stallions, and flemenco dancers and continued to disregard things like the fuego gitano and the fireworks and Cobi going into the air. But Baron on YouTube pointed out why the omissions at the Mexican TV coverage of the CC. This was still largely pre-Internet, much less social media, for many back then for the backlash is concerned.

I'm only bringing this up although it's not quite the complete Barcelona CC international feed in comparison to others out there--over an hour short. But I'm uploading it here for it has the proper ending to that once the musical performances are over, credits included

• 1 month later...

Whole opening ceremonies of yesterday's Universiade in Kazan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=he8qwEFDmW8

I get really annoyed when people mix up Rhythmic Gymnastics with Artistic Gymnastics! There 2 different sports! I got really annoyed when that Announcer introduced Aliya Mustafina who gave the Athlete's Oath, as a Rhythmic Gymnast when she is an Artistic one!

I get really annoyed when people mix up Rhythmic Gymnastics with Artistic Gymnastics! There 2 different sports! I got really annoyed when that Announcer introduced Aliya Mustafina who gave the Athlete's Oath, as a Rhythmic Gymnast when she is an Artistic one!

There are far worse things in the world to be annoyed over. That is such a trivial error.

• 2 weeks later...

Could've sworn that when IOC Media brought back the Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony for the one-year anniversary the DJ KTO after party portion with all the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic athletes and the volunteers getting their party on was omitted from the world feed. What we have now there ends with the fireworks display set Tchikovsky's pieces. Not sure why this was done; NBC showed this in passing but with the focus on Mary Carillo interviewing the US Olympians. If you notice there's large screens showing mostly a snow leopard acting as a DJ with maybe another Sochi mascot. The CBC showed some footage but quickly went towards its closing montage. Very much like to think that Channel One, VGTRK, and NTV+ all showed St. Petersburg's DJ KTO playing several of the electronica hits on his setlist, many of which several of us recognize. You can find his Sochi 2014 after party setlist and his 18-minute live performance on Soundcloud here--https://www.facebook.com/ktodj/posts/685882974786764. It actually went longer by around a few more minutes, as evidenced by a later video. What's not listed is that he also played the Harlem Shake.

Actually Channel One did show him performing live--note its Olympic logo on the upper right hand corner on this. But in this Youtube clip, it's only less than a minute. I'll try my best to put things in sequence as to what he played. This track here ALWAYS gets the party started!

Thanks to Russians' smartphones, we can get a more complete video of what happened. Here's hoping it can all get restored among the videos.

CBC's brief portion of the after party that comes right after Canadian Olympic Committee President (and former Quebec Nordiques owner) Marcel Aubut CBC interview you hear DJ KTO playing Deorro before closing with a montage with an accompanying essay in closing the CBC's Sochi 2014 coverage with Scott Russell and Diana Swain at the Fisht Olympic Stadium

The Major Lazer/KTO DJ &E-Zoom/Harlem Shake portion of DJ KTO's Sochi set

It actually went longer and went on. Here we got the athletes dancing and milling around to Daft Punk's "One More Time". Don't know if this is the end. But It's closer.

Like to know to what extent each of the Russian TV broadcasters had this closer on. Too bad we don't have many Russian/former Soviet Union nations/Slavic posters here to help us all out.

It actually went longer and went on. Here we got the athletes dancing and milling around to Daft Punk's "One More Time". Don't know if this is the end. But It's closer.

Like to know to what extent each of the Russian TV broadcasters had this closer on. Too bad we don't have many Russian/former Soviet Union nations/Slavic posters here to help us all out.

I am curious Durban. Why do you want to know how other broadcasters cover the event? I mean, what do you think...they will cut away to somebody going to the bathroom...or to a grandma cooking at some local hovel, just for local color? I mean, they choose different angles (because those are offered them), but really how different can foreign editions be? And do you understand Arabic, Russian, etc., for their coverage to make a difference? I am just curious how one can spend so much time watchng the same event in slightly differing versions.

• 3 weeks later...

The Games of the Small States of Europe is well underway for this week. Monday saw the Opening Ceremonies taking place indoors at the Laugardalshöll Sports Hall in Reykjavik, Iceland. Its second day of competition is just now over. But anyway, because of the decidedly cold temperatures up in Reykjavik, the ceremonies were held inside. Never mind the beach volleyball competition is outdoors with the players wearing longer-sleeved gear than usual. The GSSE Opening Ceremony was shown live on Icelandic state broadcaster RUV and can be seen here on the following link, and I think it has to be better than the Youth Olympic Winter Games but still in that glorified press conference/convention/seminar-like format with an MC and Paul Oscar performing in this hour-long ceremony:

http://www.ruv.is/sarpurinn/ruv/smathjodaleikarnir-2015-setningarhatid/20150601

The 28th SEA Games in Singapore. And here's the Opening Ceremony that, like the entire Games themselves, can be seen on YouTube and took place at the entirely new Singapore National Stadium. Really special for the island city-nation with these Games, its fourth hosting it, because it falls during Singapore's 50th year of independence. I wonder if this is the longest wave ever at the start. Seeing that Singaporean flag gliding through the stadium during the anthem. And took a page from London 2012's countdown (to some it's like the Eurovision ones)

Oh, you mean K-Events? Yeah, they did also the ceremonies of Torino 2006 and the 2009 Mediterranean Games. Other shows they did include the opening of the Donetsk Stadium, the ceremonies of Euro 2012 and the Bicentennial of Mexico independence. However I thought I heard Brazil picked a different creative team for their ceremonies recently, if i'm not wrong. I would need confirmation.

Rio's structure seems to be very much like recent hosts, a local creative team and a foreign team acting as the producers.

Much like how Athens had an all Greek creative team, but Jack Morton Worldwide as the producer (and Andrew Walsh - and Australian, as exec prod)