The best olympic bid logo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
2004 and 2006 had the best logos.  I loved Stockholm's and Rome's.  Also Helsinki and Zakopane had great logos.

You're right about that, I think the 2004 and 2006 candidates all up had pretty cool bid logos, with the exception of just a few.

My favourite summer bid logo is Rome 2004.

And my favourite winter bid logo is Helsinki 2006.

I love the colours used by Helsinki, very cool, very wintery.

Liked the way they incorporated the cauldron aswell as the bird frozen in flight with its reflection.

And I liked the way Rome used the mosaic patters to produce a very Summery logo representing what is I guess their most well known landmark.

It's very Roman too,lol.

Summer Games: Tie between 1996 Atlanta 'A Star' logo, 2000 Sydney 'Multicoloured Opera House' logo and 2004 Rome 'Colosseum Mosaic' logo.

Winter Games: Tie between 1998 Jaca 'Red & Yellow Skis' logo, 2010 Calgary 'Fallen Snowflakes' logo & 1992/94 Anchorage 'Flaming Snowflake' logo.

• 2 weeks later...
Changed my mind. Cape Town 2004 is easily the best. Very clever use of colourful African continent as a flame with Cape Town as the red circle at the base where the fire is coming from. Simple, effective, eye catching. Unforgettable.

My favourite bid logo is that from Stuttgart 2012.

(Thanks "I love Minneapolis" for mentioning the Stuttgart logo -HiHi)

It is a dynamic spiral, in the five Olympic colours. If you turn the logo to the right, you can see the 5 Olympic rings.

On the top of the logo, there´s the letter "s" ,standing for Stuttgart.

The spiral symbolises, sport, passion and action. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived