The best olympic bid logo

thatsnotmypuppy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Roltel for Milano 2000 logo..

I heard that it's a bad emblem.. I agree

San francisco is quite good.. but it's impersonal, there isn't any reminder to the San Francisco Bay.. what about the bridge for example?

Guest ryan04

San francisco is quite good.. but it's impersonal, there isn't any reminder to the San Francisco Bay.. what about the bridge for example?

there was another logo i saw it on a pin when i was looking around on eBay and if i can find it i will post the picture but it has the two top parts of the Golden Gate

it's the ideal logo as at the same time it resumes the fraternal olympic spirit and an immediate reference to the bid city and its country.. without to compromise its good look..

this should be the example to follow for next designers

I don't like the logo of Toronto, if we can say that is a logo.

As I said in the topic of Bs As 2004, I like the logo but it's quite strange the idea of an andean condor when Bs As is in the Atlantic plateau. Anyway... it's very southamerican and argentinian (because of the colors)

I'm afraid of Vancouver new logo... I really like the bid logo and I don't know if the new could be better... Maybe it would happen as Beijing (good bid logo, awful final logo)... I hopeit doesn't happen.

edmonton%202005%20logo.jpg

I know this is not an Olympic logo, but I think this logo is pretty cool.

Welcome, SpikeyT.  :)

I don't mind this logo. Besides, this event is not the only one Edmonton is hosting this year. I have to check the IAAF website, but it will host the World Half-Marathon Championships as well.

"Bridge to the Future" was the theme of SF 2012

12bid14.jpg

This is a pin yes, but there were posters with the GGBridge and "Bridge to the future". Everybody was invited to "become a bridgebuilder" - that was part of a campaign.

I never said, that the GGB was a bid logo. I just posted this, because somebody mentioned the GGB. That´s all.

I remember when we hosted the Track Championships and Triathlon Championships in the same year:D

wc01logo.gif

Who would have thought that Edmonton was going to be the first one in North America to host it? Don't forget, the city also hosted the World Triathlon Championships in the same year. In fact, both championships were about 2 weeks apart from each other.

Next thing we will talk about is what international championship or Games is Edmonton going to bid next.

Archived