Rio 2016 Tickets

Guys, there's a reason the websites have been built and sectored per country. They've anticipated efforts like what you are doing. They are going by tickets allocated to them per arrangements vetted with the IOC. If the allocations change, then again, those will only be available per your specific website. Probably in the last 2 weeks before the Games open, all the unsold tickets will then become available for sale in Rio.

Entering the personal information is tricky though. The address information is still in the Brazilian format. So, where it says "Street/Number" you have to enter your street in the first box and the number in the second box. You also have to put something in the "District" box, even though it doesn't apply for most U.S. addresses. The phone numbers should be typed without hyphens, and make sure the phone information in the first box is set to USA. You will need to enter your passport number, and check off the two boxes at the bottom that say you're 18 and have read the Terms and Conditions.

Once you've finished it may go back to the personal information screen (look for any items marked with red text that may not have been filled in correctly), but you should be able to use your email address and password to get in. After you are into the site though, it seems to make you re-enter some of the information.

But it looks like the Portuguese site information was the correct information, and ticket sales have indeed opened to all today. You have the choice of printing e-tickets or picking up your tickets at the box office in Rio.

I'm hoping that someone outside of Brazil will confirm that they have indeed been able to buy tickets through the site.

I did it!!! Got tickets for GA001 and VO010, both A category
(B and C are sold out)

Thanks for the confirmation! So, it's official. (Eat it CoSport...)

It also says you can register via Facebook.

Can you buy tickets successfully now? I had 5 successful payments but from now on I cannot buy anything via my VISA card. The message says that my bank didn't let it through but I talked to my bank and they told me everything was fine. Maybe they thought I bought too many tickets in a short period of time and they blocked my future purchases? Anyone else had the same issue?

Via Rio website, got today my missing Rowing tickets.

With my recents additions I will now be able to see a total of 88 Finals (compare to 67 in Beijing)

And i kept room for SW008 and/or SW012 (Swimming Finals) wich I directly asked to Swimming Canada (good chance to get since I'm high level referee at national level and member of the board of the Provincial Federation (Quebec)). So a possibility of 92 or 96 Finals on the 306 total

So a possibility of 92 or 96 Finals on the 306 total

How do you find the time to attend all these??????? Dividing 96 by the 16 days makes an average of about six events a day. I'd be exhausted.

Next time I go to a games, I'd look at one, maybe two at the most, events per day.

Edited by Sir Rols

Via Rio website, got today my missing Rowing tickets.

With my recents additions I will now be able to see a total of 88 Finals (compare to 67 in Beijing)

And i kept room for SW008 and/or SW012 (Swimming Finals) wich I directly asked to Swimming Canada (good chance to get since I'm high level referee at national level and member of the board of the Provincial Federation (Quebec)). So a possibility of 92 or 96 Finals on the 306 total

Would the IOC survive without the likes of you, Alain?? ;)

Don't worry for me.

I know I will be able to make it because I made it before.

Of course I consider the distance between venues and also the time to spend for security check.

My busiest day will be August 20th with 4 Finals at Canoe-Kayak in the morning, 3 Finals in Boxing in the afternoon and 7 in Athletics in the night. 14 Finals in the same day.

I had a day with 12 Finals in London, Also a day of 12 in Beijing and one of 10.

But I thing my craziest day, considering the distance between venues was in Beijing, Watching TaeKwanDo the morning, going to Shuniyi for Canoe-KayaK Finals and be able to return in time at the Birdnest for Athletics Finals

What I will make different in Rio is to visit less restaurants.

Working in the fine wine business and used to top gasronomic restaurant, my trips to Olympics always include visit to the top restaurants .

For Rio, I will experiment only 7 or 8 compare to much more in Beijing, Vancouver in London.

Also, I will visit only Hennekein Holland House, German Fan Fest and Tokyo 2020 Pavillon, No time for the rest