General Question/Comments

GBModerator

Is it possible to create a special folder only for Commonwealth Games?

By folder do you mean topic in the forums?

In the section "Other International Games" are many topics about the Commonwealth Games.

I am asking for a new section with the title "Commonwealth Games".

Do you understand, what i mean?

Now, that you have re-organizised the forum, i am still waiting for the "Commonwealth Games-Section".

Isn´t it possible to have a new section for the topics or don´t you want a new section for the Commonwealth?

Would you please so kind and give me any explaination?

In the section "Other International Games" are many topics about the Commonwealth Games.

Now, that you have re-organizised the forum, i am still waiting for the "Commonwealth Games-Section".

Isn´t it possible to have a new section for the topics or don´t you want a new section for the Commonwealth?

We are in the process of reorganizing.  Please be patient.

We are in the process of reorganizing.  Please be patient.

Ok, thank you  :)

In reference to the above posts on the other international games...

Perhaps it would be possible to create a setup similar to the "General and Olympic Related Off-Topic" forums. On the main page, there is just one link to a "sublisting" where there are three seperate forums on Off-topic, Memorabilia, and Events. Could it be possible to do that for the other intl. games, with sub-forums for Commonwealth Games, Pan-American Games, etc?

That way, the forums are broken down, but there isn't an overpowering presence of non-Olympic forums on the main page. After all, this is first and foremost an Olympics forum.

Hi GBMod...I too await the re-organization of the topics.  Came today looking for the Commonwealth Games threads, as Nigeria has indicated it will bid for the 2014 Games, and I wanted to see what other countries (besides Canada!) would bid!

I wait with patience!

DDD

• 3 weeks later...
Is there an ignore button on here or something like that, where we can ignore a certain member in gamesbids.

What a great idea.

Though, the majority of posts here are by regulars, so by ignoring someone, you're likely to miss a lot of posts and might not understand replies.

Wirth thinking about though.

Hi Rob,

my concern is more of a general wellbeing kind of thing.

Do you sometimes just not care.  I mean, do you sometimes wake up and think "I don't care if PyeongChang bids for 2014!" or "Hmm, 800 days until Beijing starts and I don't give a flying f*ck"??

I mean I am trying to get excited about 2014 - but lets be honest - will Borjomi stay in it and actually submit a mini bid book?  Will the interesting USSR* bids (Sochi and Almaty) make it to the full bid books?  I don't think so.  Thus, it will probably come down to a boring Salzburg/PC/Sofia/Jaca conclusion.

Thus, with the great gaping yawn fest of the next few elections (2016 - YAWN!) ahead of us, do you just not care somedays?  Does your boyfriend/girlfriend sometimes realise your heart's not in it and thus give you patronising, yet helpful pep talks?

Tell me, I care.

*USSR is correct - that whole democracy in Russia sh!t hasnt worked, thus bring back Stalin I say!

Hi Rob,

my concern is more of a general wellbeing kind of thing.

Do you sometimes just not care.  I mean, do you sometimes wake up and think "I don't care if PyeongChang bids for 2014!" or "Hmm, 800 days until Beijing starts and I don't give a flying f*ck"??

I mean I am trying to get excited about 2014 - but lets be honest - will Borjomi stay in it and actually submit a mini bid book?  Will the interesting USSR* bids (Sochi and Almaty) make it to the full bid books?  I don't think so.  Thus, it will probably come down to a boring Salzburg/PC/Sofia/Jaca conclusion.

Thus, with the great gaping yawn fest of the next few elections (2016 - YAWN!) ahead of us, do you just not care somedays?  Does your boyfriend/girlfriend sometimes realise your heart's not in it and thus give you patronising, yet helpful pep talks?

Tell me, I care.

*USSR is correct - that whole democracy in Russia sh!t hasnt worked, thus bring back Stalin I say!

hmmm...  never really thought about it

Really?  While I understand 2008 and 2010 had obvious personal interests attached, surely 2012 was a bit of a "meh" kind of deal?  I mean, apart from the possibility of another free junket to Pyeongchang, what does 2014 hold interest wise for you?  The more obscure and interesting bids will probably fall over fairly soon...

Quick question:

Why can a banned member can set up a new account? Surely there is a way of blocking all the IP addresses associated with that member. It seems kind of pointless banning someone when they just come back under a new guise.

You know of whom I speak!

:)

Don't worry about that.  We try to avoid banning series of IP's because it could block other users as well.

But we'll get the situation you speak of under control.

i started visting this site befcause it is supposed to be 'authoritative review of olympic bid business'. however, reading your forums is frequently disgusting. posts have nothing to do with sport. f*ck buddies???? are you kidding? what about your member that includes photo of american kid just before he is beheaded? do you believe or practice any sort of quality control???? this will be my only post. no point in wasting my time with the trash you allow on this site.

i started visting this site befcause it is supposed to be 'authoritative review of olympic bid business'. however, reading your forums is frequently disgusting. posts have nothing to do with sport. f*ck buddies???? are you kidding? what about your member that includes photo of american kid just before he is beheaded? do you believe or practice any sort of quality control???? this will be my only post. no point in wasting my time with the trash you allow on this site.

It seems you are browsing the "off-topic" section.  If you are only interested in the sports topics I suggest you stay in those areas.

Remember, this is for the most part a free site.  The discussion forums are provided as a courtesy and we don't have the resources to "patrol" 24/7.

I notice there's still a few threads relating to the Commonwealth Games _ such as "Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games update" and a couple of Melbourne 2006 ones still hanging around in the Other International Games" forum _ is it possible to get these shifted over to the dedicated Commonwealth Games forum as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm here to say one thing: The Brazilian NOC's president, Carlos Arthur Nuzman said in May 5th, 2004, Brazil will have a city trying to be the 2016 olympic games base.

He said it after Rio de Janeiro lost to be the 2012 base.

If you put it in the "2016 Summer Olympic Games Bid"'s page I'll be happy...

You can see this in the oficial Brazilian NOC's website, in portuguese:

http://www.cob.org.br/site/news_room/noticia.asp?ID=2961

Thank you

Sampa2016

• 1 month later...