Eurovision 2007

Mikel

I now have 4 songs that I absolutely love this year. Here are my favourites so far:

1st - Switzerland

2nd - France

3rd - Denmark

4th - Cyprus

I have heard some rumblings from other websites that the standard is not regarded as very good so far. I do not agree with this. Heres hoping of some great songs to be added from Sweden, Germany and the UK.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I now have 4 songs that I absolutely love this year. Here are my favourites so far:

1st - Switzerland

2nd - France

3rd - Denmark

4th - Cyprus

I have heard some rumblings from other websites that the standard is not regarded as very good so far. I do not agree with this. Heres hoping of some great songs to be added from Sweden, Germany and the UK.

I have not heard the majority of the songs but Cyprus made it to my iPod - and that's saying a lot. 80's are back with this cool neo-punk tune.

App everyone is saying that we have a winner in Andorra - haven't heard it though.

And the German entry for the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest is...

070307_cicero_probewelt3_32.jpg

ROGER CICERO!

Here, you can see his performance at last night's German qualifying contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1pWn3qUgVg

This will be the first German entry not sung in English since 2001. And that's why I fear that it won't have a big chance. However, the best of the three songs and the best of last night's performers has won the qualifier.

I think I have to repeat what I've written in the penultimate post -- because due to the Internal Server Error on Page 18, you'll certainly not know what I'm talking about.

Roger Cicero has won the German ESC qualifier last night with his song "Frauen regier'n die Welt" ("Women Rule The World") and will therefore represent Germany in Helsinki.

Here, you can see his performance at last night's qualifier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1pWn3qUgVg

It's the first German entry not sung in English since 2001. That's why I fear that it will not have a big chance, although the best of the three potential German entries has won last night.

After the 2005 fiasco....any place is better!

You're talking pretty big for someone whose country has won the ESC only once, too. Additionally, Greece has only achieved five Top 5 rankings in its ESC history -- compared with 15 for Germany.

OK Hitler!

But I am fan of the contest and I do have my own opinion.

Greece since 2001 has the best places of any country participating in the contest. A clear victory in 2005, all countries voted us in 2001 and 2004, two fiascos in 2002 and 2003, and in the top 10 in 2006.

Greece never ended last (compared to Germany).

Congratulations Germany on choosing Roger Cicero. He was my favourite candidate out of the three as his song stood out from the rest and is definitely unique as well as its a fresh of breathing air compared to all the load of crap that's been selected so far. He's got an amazing voice, his own style and distinct personality which I hope will make him stand out positively in Helsinki. I'm hoping that Roger Cicero will at least take this contest a bit more serious than the previous German representatives and promote himself across Europe so that he can make himself known to a larger European audience across the continent. All the best to him as he deserves nothing less than a top 5 position.

Anyways, Turkey has just revealed it's song yesterday and I can't say I'm happy with it. In fact I found it quite abysmal and monumentally horrific. It's just shameful considering that we are a nation that's blessed with wonderful music of all sorts of genres yet we couldn't offer anything else than this cheap R&B Justin Timberlake wannabe.

You can see the video of him performing his entry

You can also download the song here as well.

I would really be interested in hearing all of your opinions about our song. ;)

OK Hitler!

But I am fan of the contest and I do have my own opinion.

Greece since 2001 has the best places of any country participating in the contest. A clear victory in 2005, all countries voted us in 2001 and 2004, two fiascos in 2002 and 2003, and in the top 10 in 2006.

Greece never ended last (compared to Germany).

What did you call me? I can't believe that someone as intolerant as you was able to carry the Olympic torch. What a shame!

Congratulations Germany on choosing Roger Cicero. He was my favourite candidate out of the three as his song stood out from the rest and is definitely unique as well as its a fresh of breathing air compared to all the load of crap that's been selected so far. He's got an amazing voice, his own style and distinct personality which I hope will make him stand out positively in Helsinki. I'm hoping that Roger Cicero will at least take this contest a bit more serious than the previous German representatives and promote himself across Europe so that he can make himself known to a larger European audience across the continent. All the best to him as he deserves nothing less than a top 5 position.

Anyways, Turkey has just revealed it's song yesterday and I can't say I'm happy with it. In fact I found it quite abysmal and monumentally horrific. It's just shameful considering that we are a nation that's blessed with wonderful music of all sorts of genres yet we couldn't offer anything else than this cheap R&B Justin Timberlake wannabe.

You can see the video of him performing his entry

You can also download the song here as well.

I would really be interested in hearing all of your opinions about our song. ;)

Unfortunately it seems that Greece and Turkey share the same complex - they both detest the US but suck up their culture like a sponge.

It's OK, I think that you will be surprised how well it will do. But he sounds like he has been castrated. Not at all one of my fav's but expect it to race to the top spots...

What did you call me? I can't believe that someone as intolerant as you was able to carry the Olympic torch. What a shame!

So I think that you're not in the position to deride other countries' achievements at the ESC.

Carrying the Olympic Flame is something that will never happen in your life. (And winning Eurovision with this song too...)

I can judge any song participating in the contest based on my personal taste. If you like what I write or not it's your problem and you must deal with it.

Saying that I (or anyone else) can not 'deride' (something I didn't), puts you in the same position with various 'lovely' people like Hitler, that didn't want the others to express their opinion.

BTW Monrose's song is a lot better than the one selected.

PYRROS are you on drugs again...?!!! How can someone talk so much and at the same time use his brain so little?.. You really have to be more carfully about the things you say or write.... Unbelievable...

As for Greeces entries:

Helena Paparizou hade a good song and a nice performance... I think she deserved to win.. About the rest... well... i would like to forget the rest...

and our entry this year? Oh please... althought it isnt the worst ( i bet there will be songs much wors then this one..) i think that should try i little bit more to have songs with quality... ok sakis rouvas had already this horrible latino ala greek style song and now sarbel .. come on.. i mean we have so great musicians in greece, a great variaty of music styles and once again we send a oriental-latino song with a bouzouki part to sound a bit greek... ah come on.. what is wrong with us... as i said the song isnt the worst (better the "shake it") but can we please try to make something new?

i think the german song is nice.. ok i dont believe that it has a change to win although i can imagine that it could have a good position.. But the thing is that the germans try to have some quality and dont send every year the same music.. last year texas lightning which was a nice sweet song.. but people didnt care... this is why the only thing you can do is not to take the eurovision too serious.. not if you are a fan of real, good music

Carrying the Olympic Flame is something that will never happen in your life. (And winning Eurovision with this song too...)

If even someone as arrogant as you is allowed to carry the flame, it can't be that difficult to get into that position. I really ask myself where your respect towards other countries, i.e. the base of the Olympic idea, has left.

I can judge any song participating in the contest based on my personal taste. If you like what I write or not it's your problem and you must deal with it.

Saying that I (or anyone else) can not 'deride' (something I didn't), puts you in the same position with various 'lovely' people like Hitler, that didn't want the others to express their opinion.

Expressing your opinion is one thing -- deriding other countries in an inappropriate manner is another. I just asked for a little bit more respect towards other countries. It's your good right to like or dislike their songs. But it's also other people's right that you treat them fairly instead of pouring spitefulness over them. BTW: That is a lesson especially we as Germans were taught by those atrocious years under the same Mr Hitler you compared me with.

And it's a major sign of disrespect when you compare other people with Hitler out of the blue. Additionally, it's not only disrespectful but also highly inappropriate. My grandfathers fought against and therefore were sued by the Nazi regime, and that's one of the reasons why I'm also a staunch fighter against racism. So I expect your apology for your more than inadequate comparison.

Archived