• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. A little too pretty boy for my tastes!

He'd probably fair out better in a Colgate Smile commercial!

For Greece the rumours say that there will be a final between

Christos Dantis - composer of My number one

Tamta - a Georgian singer, winner of Pop Idol

C Real - a group with many hits

Sarbel - an English-Cypriot-Syrian singer.

From the names only I would choose C Real.

I really don't understand why so many greeks like C real .

Here you have some of the Spanish songs:

LA REINA DE LA NOCHE

This song talks about a drag-queen. It's composed by Rafael Artesero (the same as the Andorra songs from 2005 and 2006) and José Juan Santana Rodríguez.

I LOVE YOU MI VIDA

This is the song made by Thomas G:son for Rebeca. Always made by Antonio Sánchez Ohlsson and Andreas Rickstrand.

The first song is not really my taste...

The second song didn't work for me - therefore I couldn't listen to it...

I LOVE YOU MI VIDA

TU VOZ SE APAGARÁ

I have to say, that the songs aren't sang by the people who will sang them in Helsinki and they're not studio versions, neither of them.

BUSCO UN HOMBRE

YA ESTÁS AQUÍ

BÁILAME

Had to share these 2 near misses that never quite made it to represent the UK in previous years. Found them on youtube and it brough back memories.

Deuce lost out to Love City Groove in 1995(a crime).

Deuce - I need you

The Collective lost out to Imaani in 1998.

The Collective - When were alone

Edited by mallaka
Imaani was fantastic.

If it wasn't Dana's transexual thing UK would have won again.

I agree, Imaani had a really good song and gave a great performance. She was definitely unlucky to come up against a particularly strong Eurovision song that year by Dana International(a true Eurovision classic).

Had to share these 2 near misses that never quite made it to represent the UK in previous years. Found them on youtube and it brough back memories.

Deuce lost out to Love City Groove in 1995(a crime).

Deuce - I need you

The Collective lost out to Imaani in 1998.

The Collective - When were alone

Heres some more great songs that narrowly missed out as UK entries.

Dear Jon lost out also to Love City groove in 1995

Dear Jon - One gift of love

Emily Reed lost out to Jemini in 2003.

Emily Reed - Help me

This is the most fantastic strangest awkward entry at a German final for the Eurovision Songcontest:

(Hello Adam, Hello Eve) - it tells the story how Adam and Eve was thrown out of paradise by god - please listen to the terrible voice of Eve and the very poor choreography...

;););)

This is the most fantastic strangest awkward entry at a German final for the Eurovision Songcontest:

(Hello Adam, Hello Eve) - it tells the story how Adam and Eve was thrown out of paradise by god - please listen to the terrible voice of Eve and the very poor choreography...

;););)

It's so bad I love it. LOL

Bonsia Selects Marija for Helsinki

http://www.oikotimes.com/site/index.php?id=7685

Well .. I guess I was the only one that thought last year 's bonsian entry was OVERATED , BORING and CORNY and

I think the same... I really loved Lane Moje (Serbia & Montenegro 2004) but not Lejla...

It's so bad I love it. LOL

Adam and Eve are from the German final of 1980 - 16 years later was the runner up of the most fantastic strangest awkward entry in a German final: "Surfen Multimedia" by Eurocats in 1996 - please look at that great choreography and the wonderful dresses - by the way it is a song about surfen on the internet....

Adam and Eve are from the German final of 1980 - 16 years later was the runner up of the most fantastic strangest awkward entry in a German final: "Surfen Multimedia" by Eurocats in 1996 - please look at that great choreography and the wonderful dresses - by the way it is a song about surfen on the internet....

A very strange subject to sing about but it kept my attention from start to finish. It has a good tune and contains everything about Eurovision that I love...cheesy and catchy with abit of quirkiness.

I love it! Who did it loose out to in 1996?

A very strange subject to sing about but it kept my attention from start to finish. It has a good tune and contains everything about Eurovision that I love...cheesy and catchy with abit of quirkiness.

I love it! Who did it loose out to in 1996?

It lost against "Planet of blue" by Leon - but 1996 was the only year that Germany didn't participated, because it became last in 1995...

one of my favourite entries at the German final in 2000 was: Queen of Light by e-rotic

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Famous performances of the Eurovision Song Contest:

BELGIUM 1980 - "Euro-Vision" by Telex

LUXEMBOURG 1980 - "Le papa Pingouin" by Sopie & Magaly

LUXEMBOURG 1978 - "Parlez vous francais?" by Baccara

FINLAND 1976 - "Pump Pump" by Fredi & Friends (please look at the background singer - wonderful ugly pullunder)

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Cyprus decided.

Evridiki will represent the island of Aphrodite this year with the song Comme ci - Comme ca. ( I hope the song won't be entire in French).

Evridiki represented Cyprus in 1992 and in 1994 reaching the 11th place both times.