At midnight last night, the deadline passed for countries to withdraw from the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest without penalty. Monaco announced their withdrawal from the competition on Tuesday. All other countries have agreed to participation. The list is due be officially confirmed by the EBU in early January, although with such clarity, and with the national selections already underway in several countries.

Today, we can confirm that Hungary will return to the competition, Serbia and Montenegro will both participate as independent states and Austria remain committed to a return to the Eurovision Song Contest.

Monaco yesterday cited political voting and an unfair disadvantage as their reasons for withdrawal. Although there has been concern amongst fans that several countries may withdraw for these reasons, Monaco are the first country to take this course of action, and it appears that for the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, no other countries will be following their lead. It does, however heighten concern about what will happen should countries such as Belgium, Netherlands, Andorra, Portugal and Iceland fail to qualify for the final once again next year.

The EBU have officially confirmed that 42 countries will participate at the Eurovision Song Contest in Finland.

10 are automatically qualified for the final:

FINLAND

RUSSIA

BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA

ROMANIA

SWEDEN

LITHUANIA

UKRAINE

ARMENIA

GREECE

IRELAND

UNITED KINGDOM

GERMANY

SPAIN

FRANCE

28 will compete for the remaining 10 places in the Semi Final on May 10th:

TURKEY

FYR MACEDONIA

CROATIA

NORWAY

LATVIA

SWITZERLAND

MOLDAVIA

ISRAEL

DENMARK

MALTA

POLAND

BELGIUM

ICELAND

ALBANIA

CYPRUS

ESTONIA

BULGARIA

SLOVENIA

PORTUGAL

THE NETHERLANDS

BELARUS

AUSTRIA

MONTENEGRO

THE CZECH REPUBLIC

GEORGIA

SERBIA

HUNGARY

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Israel included in the list? I think Eurvision would be really kickin' if Lebanon were added--due to whatever wacked logic added Israel...

At midnight last night, the deadline passed for countries to withdraw from the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest without penalty. Monaco announced their withdrawal from the competition on Tuesday. All other countries have agreed to participation. The list is due be officially confirmed by the EBU in early January, although with such clarity, and with the national selections already underway in several countries.

Today, we can confirm that Hungary will return to the competition, Serbia and Montenegro will both participate as independent states and Austria remain committed to a return to the Eurovision Song Contest.

Monaco yesterday cited political voting and an unfair disadvantage as their reasons for withdrawal. Although there has been concern amongst fans that several countries may withdraw for these reasons, Monaco are the first country to take this course of action, and it appears that for the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, no other countries will be following their lead. It does, however heighten concern about what will happen should countries such as Belgium, Netherlands, Andorra, Portugal and Iceland fail to qualify for the final once again next year.

The EBU have officially confirmed that 42 countries will participate at the Eurovision Song Contest in Finland.

10 are automatically qualified for the final:

FINLAND

RUSSIA

BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA

ROMANIA

SWEDEN

LITHUANIA

UKRAINE

ARMENIA

GREECE

IRELAND

UNITED KINGDOM

GERMANY

SPAIN

FRANCE

28 will compete for the remaining 10 places in the Semi Final on May 10th:

TURKEY

FYR MACEDONIA

CROATIA

NORWAY

LATVIA

SWITZERLAND

MOLDAVIA

ISRAEL

DENMARK

MALTA

POLAND

BELGIUM

ICELAND

ALBANIA

CYPRUS

ESTONIA

BULGARIA

SLOVENIA

PORTUGAL

THE NETHERLANDS

BELARUS

AUSTRIA

MONTENEGRO

THE CZECH REPUBLIC

GEORGIA

SERBIA

HUNGARY

Why is Israel included in the list? I think Eurvision would be really kickin' if Lebanon were added--due to whatever wacked logic added Israel...

Sorry?

Moldova has already selected their entry for Helsinki.

It's going to be Natalia Barbu singing, "Fight".

If you want to hear it, than copy and paste the following link into your browser:

http://rapidshare.com/files/7746816/Moldov...rbu_-_Fight.mp3

Sorry that I couldn't put a proper link; however, none of the options work on browser.

Lebanon was supposed to participate in the 2005 edition of the contest, and they even had chosen a song.

However they wanted when Israel was on stage to make a break for ads. EBU informed them that they have to broadcast the contest in full, and use for commercial breaks the ones that EBU allows during the contest.

They didn't want to do it so thy quit the contest.

About Greece.

ERT will announce its decision on January 15.

So far the rumours are:

They asked from Michalis Hatzigiannis (Cyprus 1998 - Genesis, he also performed at the closing ceremony of Athens 2004) to represent Greece. He said that he wanted to participate with a song in Greek but ERT doesn't want that, and they asked him if he would be interested to write a song for ERT and he said yes.

Christos Dantis (the composed of My number one) wants to participate as a singer, and ERT thinks about it.

Sorry?

No sorries required. :) I didn't blame you nor Europe. But remember Ahmadcrazyjad said Israel is a European caused problem.

I nominate Mongolia!

I am only going to personally blame Europe or YOU... if this Israeli song gets nominated, or whatever:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SbZrDM8ADGU

We all know Romania got on the map due to that song... why did they need to translate it into Hebrew?!

Yeah, why IS Israel included in Eurovision? And Lebanese music is pretty good, so if Israel is in it, why isn't Lebanon?

Could someone explain, please?

Yeah, why IS Israel included in Eurovision? And Lebanese music is pretty good, so if Israel is in it, why isn't Lebanon?

Because Israel is excluded from the Asian Games, therefore by the powers that be, Israel can participate in Eurovision. That's why!! Lebanon's already in the Asian Games; so no need to double up.

First of all the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST is not a contest of Europe but of the European Broadcasting Union - therefore all members of the European Broadcasting Union are allowed to participate in the contest.

The EBU has 74 active members in 54 countries (of some countries are more than one broadcasting company member of the EBU).

There are several broadcasting companies member of the EBU although the country doesn't belong geographically not to Europe - here there are:

Algeria

Armenia

Cyprus

Egypt

Georgia

Israel

Jordan

Lebanon

Morocco

Tunisia

Israel, Armenia, Cyprus and Morocco have already participated at the Eurovision Song Contest - Armenia and Morocco just one time so far...

Lebanon wanted to participated this year for the first time, too - together with Armenia - but step back after the EBU told that they have to show all entries in the contest (including the Israeli entry) - but in Lebanon is it forbidden to show something from Isreal...

Morrocco participated in 1980 - in this year Israel didn't participated voluntarily, because it won 1978 and 1979 two times in a row...

First of all the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST is not a contest of Europe but of the European Broadcasting Union - therefore all members of the European Broadcasting Union are allowed to participate in the contest.

The EBU has 74 active members in 54 countries (of some countries are more than one broadcasting company member of the EBU).

There are several broadcasting companies member of the EBU although the country doesn't belong geographically not to Europe - here there are:

Algeria

Armenia

Cyprus

Egypt

Georgia

Israel

Jordan

Lebanon

Morocco

Tunisia

Israel, Armenia, Cyprus and Morocco have already participated at the Eurovision Song Contest - Armenia and Morocco just one time so far...

Lebanon wanted to participated this year for the first time, too - together with Armenia - but step back after the EBU told that they have to show all entries in the contest (including the Israeli entry) - but in Lebanon is it forbidden to show something from Isreal...

Morrocco participated in 1980 - in this year Israel didn't participated voluntarily, because it won 1978 and 1979 two times in a row...

Ahh, OK. Danke für the explanation. :)

Issa, Maryam & Yussuf! Finally it was explained... and it makes sense. Only they should changed the name of the broadcasting union to reflect the diversity. Or am I too influenced by North American nations, now? Hmmmm....

Algeria

Armenia

Cyprus

Egypt

Georgia

Israel

Jordan

Lebanon

Morocco

Tunisia

Turkey has confirmed its participant yesterday over the afternoon news. We'll be sending the very famous Kenan Doğulu to Helsinki.

musicdmc0353rv.jpg

He's had an incredibly famous hit called, Çakkıdı which managed to top all Turkish charts over the summer.

Unlike in 2006, TRT has decided that the participant does not have to sing parts of the song in Turkish. The artist is free to sing in the langauge he chooses. That, plus this year's (2007) songs will also be comoposed by musical experts who are Sertab Erener (Eurovision 2003 winner), Sezen Aksu (Most respected Turkish artist) and Ozan Doğulu as well.

Personally, I'm not really that fond of Kenan Doğulu as I'm not into his music; however, he has a great team behind him that will help him compose the song. So hopefully the song will manage to be something that's catchy, original and attractive. So we'll see what the future will bring for us. :)

Turkey has confirmed its participant yesterday over the afternoon news. We'll be sending the very famous Kenan Doğulu to Helsinki.

musicdmc0353rv.jpg

He's had an incredibly famous hit called, Çakkıdı which managed to top all Turkish charts over the summer.

Unlike in 2006, TRT has decided that the participant does not have to sing parts of the song in Turkish. The artist is free to sing in the langauge he chooses. That, plus this year's (2007) songs will also be comoposed by musical experts who are Sertab Erener (Eurovision 2003 winner), Sezen Aksu (Most respected Turkish artist) and Ozan Doğulu as well.

Personally, I'm not really that fond of Kenan Doğulu as I'm not into his music; however, he has a great team behind him that will help him compose the song. So hopefully the song will manage to be something that's catchy, original and attractive. So we'll see what the future will bring for us. :)

Turkish Guy:

I think by picking that song Turkey will be allowed into the EU... and banned from the Hajj. :) My favorite part was the Tarkan-like laugh at the end.

Turkish Guy:

I think by picking that song Turkey will be allowed into the EU... and banned from the Hajj. :) My favorite part was the Tarkan-like laugh at the end.

This isn't the song we'll be sending to Eurovision. It's more or less a sample of Kenan's style that has managed to see a lot of popularity.

Anyways, the EU is soooooooooooo yesterday's news. Barely anyone gives a flying f*ck about joining to be honest. :o

Edited by Turkish Guy
Roger Cicero: The German "Michael Bublé". Good swing with German lyrics.

109404.jpg

Roger Cicero-Zieh die Schuh' aus!

OR

Yet to be announced...

He'd make an excellent choice for Germany. In my opinion, he is one of the most successful German singers - he has a lot of stage experience and will have no trouble singing live and in frot of a big audience. Anyways, I really hope that he'll sing a song in German and not English. ;)

He'd make an excellent choice for Germany. In my opinion, he is one of the most successful German singers - he has a lot of stage experience and will have no trouble singing live and in frot of a big audience. Anyways, I really hope that he'll sing a song in German and not English. ;)

Yeah - I totally agree!!!

That song is just great - very clever lyrics, but I suppose that most of the song is lost, if you don't understand the lyrics: Zieh' die Schuh' aus