Ahmedabad 2036

AustralianFan

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Quite an interesting move from Macron’s to offer assistance for India’s bid to host the 2036 Olympic Games.  

Usually assistance is offered from one elected Olympic host to another elected host to organise the actual Games. But in this case the offer is to help with bidding for the Games.

In India’s case they are far from being an elected Olympic Games.  Still, we may not be far from a 2036 host being elected - its 2024 now and the trend of late is for the IOC to select and elected a preferred bidder a long way in advance of the Games, around 10-11 years ahead.

Is there some desire by Macron to broaden economic/trade ties with India that is behind this French offer to help with India’s 2036 Olympic bid?

2 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Is there some desire by Macron to broaden economic/trade ties with India that is behind this French offer to help with India’s 2036 Olympic bid?

I believe so, that was my first thought when I read the headline. He probably wants something out of this

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nacre said:

There are numerous cultural, economic, political and military factors pulling India and the west together now. It is essentially impossible to divorce the Olympics from those other things.

To wit, this new article published today. . .

India, France unveil new road map for defence industrial cooperation

There it is.  Thanks @Nacre

So possibly French built submarines and/or jet fighter aircraft along with assisting India to prepare a 2036 Olympic bid.

• 3 weeks later...