Final presentations, Gamesbids style.

yoshi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Godzilla-Facepalm-godzilla-30354011-640-

I could say the same for you and several members here. Have you ever been to Japan? It's either you base your knowledge of a country on its most sensational aspects or choose to focus on its most repulsive qualities while you are there. I always expect more open-mindedness from Westerners, but alas so many of them already have ready-made opinions whenever they come here to Asia.

A very very small contingent of the Tokyo population concentrated in a very specific area of the city dresses that way, and even today that kind of subculture is slowly disappearing on account of it being no longer in fashion. So unfortunately any perspective you have on Tokyo is seriously skewed by these images that the Western media constantly bombard you with.

I could say the same for you and several members here. Have you ever been to Japan? It's either you base your knowledge of a country on its most sensational aspects or choose to focus on its most repulsive qualities while you are there. I always expect more open-mindedness from Westerners, but alas so many of them already have ready-made opinions whenever they come here to Asia.

A very very small contingent of the Tokyo population concentrated in a very specific area of the city dresses that way, and even today that kind of subculture is slowly disappearing on account of it being no longer in fashion. So unfortunately any perspective you have on Tokyo is seriously skewed by these images that the Western media constantly bombard you with.

Yes, but its the section that everyone here loves! Tokyo is my childhood home.

I don't think that any of this matters to the poster in question. They've been on an anti-Tokyo 2020/Fukushima smear campaign for as long as I can remember. Some of us have tried to balance this out, but they still keep coming back with their anti-Japan rhetoric. I wish that we had more posters here for the Japan side, because it would then give us more of a truly balanced & objective views on the ground there in Japan.

Yes, but its the section that everyone here loves! Tokyo is my childhood home.

For someone who calls Tokyo his childhood home, I do think that the picture you posted is highly offensive, distasteful, and crosses the line. A pic of Fukushima to make fun of the bid is fine, but the h-bomb actually killed thousands of people. It's the same as posting nazi pics to make fun of the Munich bid or crop sharers to make fun of the Chicago bid.

Being overly politically correct is unpleasant, but there's a time when joking stops being in good humor.

Archived