Rio 2016 Qualification Events

If Australia loses to Poland, which it very well could. Then Canada is going to RIo. But if Oz beats Poland, then Oz will be going to Rio.

CANADA books ticket to Rio.

From Mexico City -- if the Mexican men win their OQT, then for the first time in Olympic history, there will be four North American men's teams competing -- Canada, Cuba, Mexico and the USA -- equalling the 4 from Europe (Italy, Russia, France and Poland), Brazil and Argentina from So. America; Iran being the only Asian team; and Egypt for Africa.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Does anybody knows when is gonna be the schedule released? I have tickets for VO010 and I'm not sure which countries I'm going to see playing

Well, Pool A always starts, so figure it out from that. But you won't know the cross-over matchings until there are probably 2 games to go in each pool. And even then it may come down to ratio of sets won v. lost.

Well, Pool A always starts, so figure it out from that. But you won't know the cross-over matchings until there are probably 2 games to go in each pool. And even then it may come down to ratio of sets won v. lost.

I think he means which teams are playing in which preliminary round sessions.

cubebox.. since the pools were just finalized over the weekend, it'll probably be at least a few days before the schedule gets finalized. No idea what matches you're likely to get.

three sessions a day

09h30 - 13h20 one match Group A and one match Group B

15h00 - 18h50 one match Group A and one match Group B

20h30 - 00h20 one match Group A and one match Group B

They alternate, one day is women and the next day is men

FIVB will release in few days the full schedule

(I hope Canada will play during the VO012 session)

Water Polo schedule

http://www.fina.org/content/rio-2016-water-polo-teams-groups

From an American perspective, the first full day of competition will be very simultaneously busy. The following all begin at 4pm Eastern

Women's Soccer: United States VS France

Women's Field Hockey: United States VS Argentina

Women's Volleyball: United States VS Puerto Rico

Water Polo schedule

From an American perspective, the first full day of competition will be very simultaneously busy. The following all begin at 4pm Eastern

I actually just posted about that on another site. Crazy how that worked out they're all playing at the same time.

Thanks for the water polo link. I had seen they set the groups, but have they set the matchups/schedule? Is that the correct order of play they have listed there or is it subject to change?

I actually just posted about that on another site. Crazy how that worked out they're all playing at the same time.

Thanks for the water polo link. I had seen they set the groups, but have they set the matchups/schedule? Is that the correct order of play they have listed there or is it subject to change?

I believe its final. But I'm not positive.

I believe its final. But I'm not positive.

In doing a little research.. looks like the final water polo competition schedule for London didn't come out until late June that year. So I'm guessing what we have now is now yet final and could (and probably will) change between now and the start of the Olympics.

Water Polo schedule

Wow, that's certainly very interesting. NBC really doesn't prefer this as far as its still-pending programming schedule is concerned and likes to spread it out. Good thing it spread out its channels partly for this situation, speaking of spreading. Unless NBC appeals to have the scheduling adjusted to some degree. As it stands, the soccer match has to go to NBC Sports Network without question. Maybe the volleyball one can head to NBC, as some of its matches have been known to head towards there. And field hockey goes to CNBC. What do you think?

Wow, that's certainly very interesting. NBC really doesn't prefer this as far as its still-pending programming schedule is concerned and likes to spread it out. Good thing it spread out its channels partly for this situation, speaking of spreading. Unless NBC appeals to have the scheduling adjusted to some degree. As it stands, the soccer match has to go to NBC Sports Network without question. Maybe the volleyball one can head to NBC, as some of its matches have been known to head towards there. And field hockey goes to CNBC. What do you think?

I think you're right.