Brazil Facts For Foreigners

Another fact, hundreds of brazilian women come to Portugal every year to work as call girls, there are dozens of web pages with ads where they show their attributes. It's unfortunate but they earn good money, but with an improving brazilian economy maybe this influx will decrease.

I think economy is not the major issue, since there is a huge market for the Brazilian girls in Portugal...

It seems that the portuguese-mustached-woman are not fullfilling the demand for sex there...

Just kidding, of course

By the way, this comment was based on Baron classes of sarcasm I had here!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Rio & food:

In Rio you'll find 2 types of estabilishments in almost every block: "botecos" & "restaurantes de galeto".

Botecos usually serve appetizers to go along with several kinds of beverages (Caipirinha being the most common of them, or anything with cachaça, really). It's a very popular place to chill after work, play/sing some Smaba and flirt.

The 'restaurante de galeto' has as it main course the roasted spring chicken, with several side plates you can choose to go with. They usually have other kinds of meat cuts to choose, but the chicken is the most popular and most ordered.

In Copacabana also (that will host one of the Clusters for the 2016 SOG), you can find a 'juice house' in nearly every corner, where they prepare freash juices and vitamins from nearly every fruit you can think of.

I think economy is not the major issue, since there is a huge market for the Brazilian girls in Portugal...

It seems that the portuguese-mustached-woman are not fullfilling the demand for sex there...

Just kidding, of course

By the way, this comment was based on Baron classes of sarcasm I had here!

Remember some years ago, when some Portuguese ladies organized a protest in order to try to deport all Brazilian women back to Brazil, because their husbands were being stolen by them :lol:

We can't blame the husbands :lol: :lol:

Remember some years ago, when some Portuguese ladies organized a protest in order to try to deport all Brazilian women back to Brazil, because their husbands were being stolen by them :lol:

We can't blame the husbands :lol: :lol:

I remember that, it was cover on the Times magazine. It was near a town called Bragança, the night clubs where the girls worked were closed by the police. The girls moved to spain and most businesses in that town suffered greatly after they left.

FACT: We do eat chicken hearts, and it's one of my favourite types of meat. Actually, I eat it almost every day at lunch.

Chiken hearts are delicious and one can find it in many bars in Brazil.

Some other things that you may find in some brazilian bars/botecos, that may not be so common for foreigners:

Bull testicles

Crabs

Frog meat

Crocodile / Alligator meat

Sarapatel - a mix of pork livers, blood, meat and kidneys. The recipe may vary from region to region

Feeling hungry in Brazil ? Try one of these dishes ! :lol:

Some other things that you may find in some brazilian bars/botecos, that may not be so common for foreigners:

Bull testicles

Crabs

Frog meat

Sarapatel - a mix of pork livers, blood, meat and kidneys. The recipe may vary from region to region

Crabs & Sarapatel ok... But i don't recall seeing frgo/bull testicles/crocodile meat in any boteco i have been to *grins*

Next time i'll ask just to see if i find in any *winks*

Crabs & Sarapatel ok... But i don't recall seeing frgo/bull testicles/crocodile meat in any boteco i have been to *grins*

I agree.

Frog meat is more of a french delicacy that you can find in some restaurants and alligator is a gaming meat, such as deer, paca and others. Testicles are also a more European dish. I saw it here in France once.

I agree.

Frog meat is more of a french delicacy that you can find in some restaurants and alligator is a gaming meat, such as deer, paca and others. Testicles are also a more European dish. I saw it here in France once.

I believe that testicles are a spanish dish? Not sure tho. But what will be found in nearly every boteco are the 'Bolinho de Bacalhau' (Cod ball, on a wild translation?)

In Sao Paulo you can find these at some bars in Lapa and Penha districts, specially bars at the Tiquatira Arena Avenue. I recommend Bar Valladares, at Lapa; and Barracuda, at Penha. You may find it in bars at Pinheiros, Analia Franco, Vila Madalena and Santana districts too.

Bull testicles

Crabs

Frog meat

Im brazilian and I never heard that brazilians eats this foods

In Sao Paulo you can find these at some bars in Lapa and Penha districts, specially bars at the Tiquatira Arena Avenue. I recommend Bar Valladares, at Lapa; and Barracuda, at Penha. You may find it in bars at Pinheiros, Analia Franco, Vila Madalena and Santana districts too.

Thanks Rogério!

Now the question is... Will I actually try it or chicken out???

I´ve tried them all at least once. I don´t like Sarapatel. In some places they do it with only the pork livers.

Testicles are great, but I didn´t see anything special when I tried frog and alligator meat. Taste like a mix of chicken and fish.

Crabs (in portuguese: "siri" )are pretty common in the Northeastern cities, like Recife, Aracaju, Natal, Salvador, Fortaleza

What are you waiting for? I tried sarapatel and crabs and they are delicious. I must say that here in my city we have some of the best options of seafood and crab dishes in Brazil hehe. Specially shrimp. You guys from other countries like shrimp?

I must say that here in my city we have some of the best options of seafood and crab dishes in Brazil hehe.

Not only Maceio has some of the best seafood restaurants in Brazil, but also has amazing beaches, many folkloric parties and some interesting historic buildings/churches. Definetely worth a visit.

Not only Maceio has some of the best seafood restaurants in Brazil, but also has amazing beaches, many folkloric parties and some interesting historic buildings/churches. Definetely worth a visit.

HOHOHOHO True that. The thing is the heat here. It's harsh for some people to face an average 25ºC in the winter... It's good that Rio has more 'gentle' temperatures in the winter, so we won't see our North American and European friends fainting on the beach volleyball arena being pasteurized at 40ºC.

Crab... Shrimp... Frog.. R pretty common in Indonesia dishes too... I think they are a pretty common too in other Asian countries...

Good! Probably because our countries were born by the coast. You will feel at home.

Other brazilian snacks you'll love and can be found everywhere (be careful if it's too cheap):

Coxinha (pronounced "coshinha") - the name is portuguese for "little thigh". It is made from shredded chicken enclosed in wheat flour batter, and deep fried. It is shaped to roughly resemble a chicken drumstick. There are other flavours coming: coxinha wih catupiry, with bacon, pizza and even chocolate coxinha is becoming popular.

Brigadeiro - Portuguese for "brigadier". It's a simple Brazilian chocolate candy named after Brigadier Eduardo Gomes, and its shape is reminiscent of that of some varieties of chocolate truffles. It is made by mixing condensed milk, butter and cocoa powder together. The mixture is then heated in a pan on the stove or in a microwave oven to obtain a smooth, sticky texture. If made on the stove, it is ready when the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom when the pan is tilted.The candy is then rolled into balls which are covered in granulated chocolate; that is the way brigadeiros are served at children's birthday parties. Brigadeiro can also be eaten unrolled, with a spoon

And we can't forget the soft drinks. Have you ever tried Guaraná? It's the main alternative to coke here. We like drinking Guaraná while we eat popcorn.

Nothing is better than white rice, black beans, french fries, picanha and farofa.
Amen to that, brother.

Archived