Jump to content

lucas_leobas

Members
  • Posts

    259
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lucas_leobas

  1. Going to Buenos Aires! And I can't find my camera's charger!!!

  2. Funny thing how outraged how some of you guys get once Jim Jones starts speaking about the developed countries, and then you start trying to belittle India in this thread. I've never got through one of his posts because he doesn't use commas, but I bet most of the facts stated by him are actually true. So it's not a matter of accuracy, but rather the way information is told. And I've seen a lot of disrespect towards India in the previous pages, by A LOT of people. I know 90% of the posts are just expressions of concern towards India's preparations to the CWG, but the other 10% can be really offensive to those that are out of the American-British-Australian-Mo click that seems to rule this forum and decide what's offensive and what's not.
  3. Are baba, the stereotype is right!!! (sorry, this is an in-joke for telenovela-watching Brazilians - I know, ANOTHER stereotype )
  4. I had never stopped to take a look at all the plans of the 2012 Olympic Games, and all I can say is these are going to be some HUGE games (for the good or for the bad). Like, Beijing Hugeness. I can't deny that it sounds crazy to me to spend so much money in venues that will be used for 2 weeks and then be dismantled (550 million pounds in that stadium? ), but I can say that, during those two weeks, we will have the Olympic Games in the most beautiful venues of the world. And that beautiful park will still be there. What an Olympic plan! Almost everything is concentrated in a single region of the city, and you can see so many venues in the same render...it's just breathtaking. And we will also have the best stadium of the world (Wembley) and probably the best Arena (O2 - from what I've seen in the Gymnastics World Championship, on TV), in the rest of the city. I'm absolutely impressed.
×
×
  • Create New...