Ceremonies Discussion

3914609206_2612131252.jpg

I cant see an Olympic Opening ceremony on this arena...

3914609206_2612131252.jpg

I cant see an Olympic Opening ceremony on this arena...

Few Winter Olympic Stadiums do five months before they host the Olympics....it'll look a lot better come next February, VANOC will be doing a ton of work on it.

BC Place in nightly victory medals ceremonies mode

medalsd.jpg

Question about the victory ceremonies in BC Place stadium.

Is there tickets to get inside ? If yes, how to buy them ?

Or is it free but under invitations ?

quoting from the blog:

I have over a hundred pictures but I don't want to give too much away before the Games start (mainly for security purposes). This is going to be an incredible Games. I can't wait for February!

:D

A few questions.

Because Canada is biliangual and the openin ceremony has some parts that are in the language of the host country, but now there are two languages :blink: So how will they solve that problem?

Opening declaration by the Governor-General, French, English, two times in both languages?

Parade of athletes order according to the English or French language?

Athletes and officials oath? French or English?

Singing of the Olympic anthem? Greek I hope:D But maybe English and French together or only one of the two languages?

Singing of Canadian anthem? One couplet for English and one for French or the bilangual version?

What do you think and prefer?

It shouldn't be any different for Vancouver than say it was for Atlanta, Sydney or Salt Lake. It just follows Olympic protocol. Announcements, greetings in French, and then English. That's it. And that'll probably be the same for London as well.

Maybe...the Olympic anthem could be sung in Greek...but they don't really have to.

A few questions.

Because Canada is biliangual and the openin ceremony has some parts that are in the language of the host country, but now there are two languages :blink: So how will they solve that problem?

Opening declaration by the Governor-General, French, English, two times in both languages?

Parade of athletes order according to the English or French language?

Athletes and officials oath? French or English?

Singing of the Olympic anthem? Greek I hope:D But maybe English and French together or only one of the two languages?

Singing of Canadian anthem? One couplet for English and one for French or the bilangual version?

What do you think and prefer?

I don't think either that this is really a problem.

The opening declaration will most probably be in both languages: Since Michaelle Jean is a French Canadian, she'll probably make the declaration in French first, then in English. Queen Elizabeth II and Jeanne Sauvé did exactly the same in Montreal 1976 respectively

Athletes and officials oath: I suppose they'll take an English Canadian athlete taking his oath in English and a French Canadian judge taking his oath in French. Or vice versa,

They'll most probably sing the Olympic Anthem in Greek, just

and also in Sydney, Athens and Beijing.

And the Canadian anthem: Well, that will most probably be the bilingual version, maybe even combined with the Inuit version

. And I believe that they also used the trilingual version at the opening ceremony of the Edmonton 2001 Athletics World Championships.

I don't think either that this is really a problem.

And the Canadian anthem: Well, that will most probably be the bilingual version, maybe even combined with the Inuit version

. And I believe that they also used the trilingual version at the opening ceremony of the Edmonton 2001 Athletics World Championships.

Actually I'd very like the Canadian national anthem during the opening ceremony of Calgary 1988.

Keep it simple, English and French for the anthem. Calgary's rendition was absolutely embarrassing, if you're going to have First Nations sing at least make sure that they CAN SING WELL (and world-class well on the Olympic stage).