You forget the difference between Summer and Winter opening ceremonies.
In summer it's first a welcome show when the Olympic rings appear and after that the dignitaries will come in to the stadium and the national anthem will be played (15 mins). Than the artistic show (1 hour). After that the athletes parade (2 hours). And than the protocol part with speeches, Olympic anthem and oaths and peace part of the ceremony (20-30 mins). Lighting of the flame will be some 10-15 minutes including fireworks.
For Winter Games the order of ceremony has been changed in Salt Lake City 2002. It's like this:
- Welcome show, entrance of dignitaries, national anthem and another short show (20 mins)
- Athletes parade (50 mins)
- Artistis show (30 mins- 1 hour)
- Protocol part with speeches, raising Olympic flag etc. (20-30 mins)
- Lighting of the Olympic flame (10 mins)
- A final song (Pavarotti in 2006 and Lee Ann Rimes in 2002) (5 mins)