Brazil 2014 World Cup...

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

estadio-do-morumbi.jpg

naah , it just surrounds the field, there isnt room for a track mainly bc it'd be tight or wont fit at the U curve.

I dont love this Morumbi design i like the previous concept, a pokeball :)

morumbi2014-440.jpg

FIFA says Morumbi stadium in Sao Paulo is ready to host group games at 2014 WCup

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (CP)

SAO PAULO, Brazil — FIFA says Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo is ready to host first-and second-round matches at the 2014 World Cup and could stage a semifinal if it makes changes.

FIFA released a statement on Tuesday after the Brazilian Estado de S. Paulo newspaper said an unidentified FIFA official had denied the stadium will be used at all.

The statement said information was provided on what needs to be improved for the stadium to host a semifinal, and "FIFA is currently waiting to see these improvements."

FIFA had previously said it was not satisfied with the project for Morumbi Stadium.

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke is scheduled to meet government officials in Brazil this week, but FIFA denies the visit is related to Morumbi.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hA-NAFXPVUAnoh_Na9Z9Ax0_78gg

According to O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper, Morumbi is already ruled out of World Cup 2014. The announcement would be done only after World Cup South Africa 2010.

Sao Paulo City Hall already have a plan-B, a multi-sports venue in Pirituba neighbourhood, but, also according with Estado, the city hall is denying any public project for the World Cup.

I still think Sao Paulo city and state (the most rich in Brazil) deserves something better to host the World Cup. Morumbi is a shame for the financial power of Sao Paulo state.

http://www.estadao.com.br/estadaodehoje/20100414/not_imp538050,0.php - Morumbi is out

http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/esportes,arena-de-pirituba-e-plano-b-para-abertura-da-copa-2014,538155,0.htm - Pirituba is plan B

According to O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper, Morumbi is already ruled out of World Cup 2014. The announcement would be done only after World Cup South Africa 2010.

Sao Paulo City Hall already have a plan-B, a multi-sports venue in Pirituba neighbourhood, but, also according with Estado, the city hall is denying any public project for the World Cup.

I still think Sao Paulo city and state (the most rich in Brazil) deserves something better to host the World Cup. Morumbi is a shame for the financial power of Sao Paulo state.

http://www.estadao.com.br/estadaodehoje/20100414/not_imp538050,0.php - Morumbi is out

http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/esportes,arena-de-pirituba-e-plano-b-para-abertura-da-copa-2014,538155,0.htm - Pirituba is plan B

FIFA dennied this information hours after its release yesterday...

Also, São Paulo's mayor declared there's no "plan B".

http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebol/brasil2014/interna/0,,OI4378645-EI10545,00.html

http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebol/brasil2014/interna/0,,OI4379816-EI10545,00.html

I think Morumbi will host SP's matches even if it means the opening match will be elsewhere.

I'm not a huge fan of Gilberto Kassab (the mayor), but I think it's a sensible choice not to spend public money in a new stadium, if Morumbi can be renovated with private money. Even if it means the opening match won't be in SP...

As a "paulistano", I'm not willing to pay my part of something like U$300.000.000 in order to host an opening match for a World Cup...

Personally, I see no shame in that..

FIFA and its partners to be exempt from taxes in Brazil 2014

Brasilia - Brazil agreed Thursday to exempt FIFA and its partners from taxes for any goods and services related to the 2014 World Cup.

Brazilian Sports Minister Orlando Silva said the deal was reached in his meeting with FIFA secretary-general Jerome Valcke. Brazilian Planning Minister Nelson Machado and the president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), Ricardo Teixeira, were also present.

Silva said the television network that officially broadcasts the tournament will also be tax exempt.

"The decision to exempt FIFA is based on the assessment that Brazil stands to win a lot more by the stimulating effect on the economy. Releasing tax money will have a smaller impact than what is set to be generated by the economy and will be collected through taxes," the minister noted.

Silva said the deal is still pending ratification by Congress. The tax exemption is expected to be valid January 2011-December 31, 2015, more than a year after the World Cup ends.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/318976,fifa-and-its-partners-to-be-exempt-from-taxes-in.html

São Paulo released today the upgraded project of Morumbi that solves all the problems pointed out by FIFA. The main change is the elimination of intermediate level and approximation of the stands to the field. With this the athletics track will disappear. The stadium capacity will increase to 67.450.

thumb_us2dqvfnkvbbqymenpgghr45_1642010-124059.jpg

sao_paulo_diz_que_resolveu_problemas_tecnicos_do_morumbi_1642010-14430-1.jpg

1642010-150840-1.jpg

FIFA is analyzing the project and has not commented yet but the tendency is the approval of the stadium.

FIFA dennied this information hours after its release yesterday...

Also, São Paulo's mayor declared there's no "plan B".

http://esportes.terr...l2014/interna/0,,OI4378645-EI10545,00.html

http://esportes.terr...l2014/interna/0,,OI4379816-EI10545,00.html

I think Morumbi will host SP's matches even if it means the opening match will be elsewhere.

I'm not a huge fan of Gilberto Kassab (the mayor), but I think it's a sensible choice not to spend public money in a new stadium, if Morumbi can be renovated with private money. Even if it means the opening match won't be in SP...

As a "paulistano", I'm not willing to pay my part of something like U$300.000.000 in order to host an opening match for a World Cup...

Personally, I see no shame in that..

I meant, the projects previously released by SPFC were a shame for a huge and rich city like Sao Paulo. (Specially Othake's Pokeball - a real shame)

Sao Paulo city, in my opinion, must have one of the best stadium of the World Cup and doing only a renewal on Morumbim stadium will not do this for the city.

I understand your point about spending money in a new stadium, but I still think Sao Paulo needs a new and modern stadium. I'd like to say I back Santos FC and hate Corinthians, but a new stadium in Sao Paulo could be used by Corinthians and its huge crowd of supporters... There is demand for this.

Cuiabá signed the contract with the company that won the tender to build the World Cup Stadium. It is expected that the works start next week.

capaverdao2.jpg

arenaflexivel.JPG

10c61c97f73787cef9ecc9fb74d4f0fe.jpg

I understand your point about spending money in a new stadium, but I still think Sao Paulo needs a new and modern stadium. I'd like to say I back Santos FC and hate Corinthians, but a new stadium in Sao Paulo could be used by Corinthians and its huge crowd of supporters... There is demand for this.

During 2009's national league, the teams from São Paulo had an attendance's average ranging from 15k to 20k. There are three main stadiums in the city. Threir capacities are:

Morumbi (SPFC): 70.000 (65.000 after the WC)

Parque Antartica (Palmeiras): 30.000 (45.000 after planned renovations)

Pacaembu (Municipal and used mainly by Corinthians): 40.000 (needs renovation)

If the stadiums we already have are more than sufficient for our needs, why should public money be spent to build a new one? I would only spend some money to renovate Pacaembu Stadium, which has a lot of "charm" and is home of one of the best football museums in the world.

pacaembu090909.jpg

img.jpg

museu-do-futebol1.jpg

museu_do_futebol-fachada.jpg

During 2009's national league, the teams from São Paulo had an attendance's average ranging from 15k to 20k. There are three main stadiums in the city. Threir capacities are:

Morumbi (SPFC): 70.000 (65.000 after the WC)

Parque Antartica (Palmeiras): 30.000 (45.000 after planned renovations)

Pacaembu (Municipal and used mainly by Corinthians): 40.000 (needs renovation)

If the stadiums we already have are more than sufficient for our needs, why should public money be spent to build a new one? I would only spend some money to renovate Pacaembu Stadium, which has a lot of "charm" and is home of one of the best football museums in the world.

I understand your points, and I do think Pacaembu is really charming (outside, at least), but none of these stadiums are modern (otherwise, visiting them you feel like visiting the 60s or the 70s).

And we know Sao Paulo wants to show it is a modern city, that's why I think Sao Paulo should have a modern stadium...

But I agree, with good plans, Pacaembu could be a great soccer stadium. (But I don't like that tobogan tribunes).

Now it's time for Rio.

Fifa started to make heavy critics on Maracana project...

A new soap-opera will start...

Brazil may scratch some cities from 2014 World Cup

BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) — Brazil's sports minister says some cities slated to host World Cup games in 2014 may be stricken from the list if they don't start refurbishing their stadiums or build new ones soon.

Orlando Silva says many cities did not meet the March 31 deadline to begin renovating their stadiums or build new ones. Unless they meet the second deadline on May 3 they run the risk of being excluded from the World Cup.

FIFA has approved 12 cities to host the 2014 games in Brazil. Silva says eight would be enough for the event. He did not say what cities were running behind schedule.

Silva made his remarks on Friday at a business forum.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-04-23-3911566553_x.htm

Brazil may scratch some cities from 2014 World Cup

BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) — Brazil's sports minister says some cities slated to host World Cup games in 2014 may be stricken from the list if they don't start refurbishing their stadiums or build new ones soon.

Orlando Silva says many cities did not meet the March 31 deadline to begin renovating their stadiums or build new ones. Unless they meet the second deadline on May 3 they run the risk of being excluded from the World Cup.

FIFA has approved 12 cities to host the 2014 games in Brazil. Silva says eight would be enough for the event. He did not say what cities were running behind schedule.

Silva made his remarks on Friday at a business forum.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-04-23-3911566553_x.htm

There will be no cut. The minister's statement was only to press the venues to meet the deadline. Some cities are in progress with the tender and others are adjusting the details to launch the tender.

There will be no cut. The minister's statement was only to press the venues to meet the deadline. Some cities are in progress with the tender and others are adjusting the details to launch the tender.

Anyway the World Cup in Brazil is getting really delayed, and I hope the governments starts to build things quickly, because it seems they are waiting the elections in October...

S.America aims to keep single qualifying group for 2014

South America hopes to retain the format of a single qualifying group for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers, a regional soccer official said on Wednesday.

This system has been used by the 10-nation South American Football Confederation (CSF) for the last four World Cups.

"We have to see if FIFA authorises it...We're going to put it to them after the World Cup in South Africa," CSF general secretary Eduardo Deluca said at the body's Paraguayan headquarters.

"We're all agreed we want to carry on playing and qualifying as we've been doing because we believe it's the most sporting way," he told reporters.

South America has four automatic berths at the finals and a possible fifth through a playoff.

With Brazil going automatically into the 2014 finals as hosts, the qualifiers would involve 16 matches per team instead of 18.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28042010/2/s-america-aims-keep-single-qualifying-group-2014.html

S.America aims to keep single qualifying group for 2014

South America hopes to retain the format of a single qualifying group for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers, a regional soccer official said on Wednesday.

This system has been used by the 10-nation South American Football Confederation (CSF) for the last four World Cups.

"We have to see if FIFA authorises it...We're going to put it to them after the World Cup in South Africa," CSF general secretary Eduardo Deluca said at the body's Paraguayan headquarters.

"We're all agreed we want to carry on playing and qualifying as we've been doing because we believe it's the most sporting way," he told reporters.

South America has four automatic berths at the finals and a possible fifth through a playoff.

With Brazil going automatically into the 2014 finals as hosts, the qualifiers would involve 16 matches per team instead of 18.

http://uk.eurosport....group-2014.html

Why Fifa wants to change it???

The calender of South American qualifiers is one of the smallest in the world, since tooks 3 years and can be fit any European club calendar, specially now with Brazil out...

Brazil 2014 World Cup Chief Sets New Deadline for Host Cities

May 5, 2010

(WFI) Brazil 2014 World Cup chairman Ricardo Teixeira gives the 12 host cities another month to show progress on plans to build or renovate stadia.

Teixeira told Globoesporte today that the cities "must demonstrate their financial ability to build stadiums". He admitted "the reality is that they are very late in the projects".

Teixeira said that cities who do not accelerate preparations will lose their host status and be replaced by others.

A Brazil 2014 World Cup delegation will evaluate all stadium schemes and construction schedules on its tour of the host cities. The group was scheduled to visit Sao Paulo today. The inspection team will then visit Porto Alegre (May 6), Curitiba (7), Belo Horizonte and Rio de Janeiro (10), Brasilia (11), Manaus (12), Cuiaba (13), Fortaleza (17), Natal (18), Recife (19) and Salvador (20).

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33226

Salvador began preparations for the demolition of the old stadium which will start soon.

salvador_poe_tapumes_na_fonte_nova_352010-17221-1.jpg

The new stadium to be built

4575741535_0685731d59_b.jpg

4575741797_86e1b56e0f_b.jpg

After the removal of the seats, Cuiabá say goodbye to their old stadium:

bb99e0c73f650af083af1df185929c92.jpg

7b28c63b2a98173e3110c72eb48e8071.jpg

Some updates on preparations for the World Cup 2014 in Brazil:

The LOC is inspecting the 2014 host cities. Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Curitiba, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia have already been visited.

tn_620_600_Vistoria_Arena_AR.jpg

tn_600_580_Vistoria_Arena_2_AR.jpg

^^ Arena da Baixada in Curitiba during inspection.

Brasília started today the dismantling of the old Mané Garrincha Stadium

braslia1.jpg

braslia2.jpg

The works in cuiabá:

cuiab1.jpg

cuiab2.jpg

cuiab3.jpg

Host cities status:

Public stadiums:

Manaus:

Works started

Cuiabá:

Works started

Belo Horizonte:

Works started

Salvador:

Works started

Brasília:

Tender ongoing, demolition works started

Fortaleza:

Tender ongoing

Recife:

Tender ongoing

Rio de Janeiro:

Tender expected for may 20, minor works started

Natal:

Tender expected for may 30

Private stadiums:

Curitiba:

Minor works started

Porto Alegre:

minor works started

São Paulo:

minor works started, awaiting approval of new project

* According to the host cities.

the launch of the official logo is expected for June 08, just before the start of World Cup 2010.

Brasília's roof reminds me a lot of Soccer City. With all the empty spaces in the frame. Quite pretty if you ask me. Brasília's Stadium has so far been my favorite so far.

Archived