Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Brazil 2014 World Cup...

Recommended Posts

Accomodation? 19.000 hotel rooms... São Paulo's got 42.000 and Rio 28.000. Where will all the people sleepin BH?

Brasilia, Florianópolis (won't host any matches), Natal and Curitiba have more hotel rooms than Belo Horizonte, but neither of them will have a stadium capable of hosting the opening match. Therefore, if São Paulo doesn't get the opening match, I bet Rio will host both of them...

ok u say SP and Rio has more accomodationt than BH, true. but ur comparison is quite stupid because Sao Paulo has a population of 11 million people and Belo Horizonte 2.5 million and both rio and sp attract alot more visitors. BH as advantage has lots of space while SP struggles with its plans for 2014. So glad its not having the opening, it'd be embarassing an aerial view from the stadium and the surroundings, a gray polluted city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok u say SP and Rio has more accomodationt than BH, true. but ur comparison is quite stupid because Sao Paulo has a population of 11 million people and Belo Horizonte 2.5 million and both rio and sp attract alot more visitors. BH as advantage has lots of space while SP struggles with its plans for 2014. So glad its not having the opening, it'd be embarassing an aerial view from the stadium and the surroundings, a gray polluted city.

150912_pollution.jpg

estadio-do-morumbi.jpg

no space there eh? or they planin to kick those people out and demolish their homes?

i shouldnt've anything against SP but its plan for '14 just annoys me, so does it for fifa =\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it'd be embarassing an aerial view from the stadium and the surroundings, a gray polluted city.

I think this is the main reason Fifa is pointing lots of problems in Sao Paulo project. They simply don't want their Loolapalooza opening in a city with no attraction for TV (I mean about scenery). They want show!!! and Sao Paulo is not a beautiful city (some think SP is ugly, some think SP is only OK)...

Accomodation? 19.000 hotel rooms... São Paulo's got 42.000 and Rio 28.000. Where will all the people sleepin BH?

Rio have 28,000 accomodation by now... By 2014 it'll be 39,000...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok u say SP and Rio has more accomodationt than BH, true. but ur comparison is quite stupid because Sao Paulo has a population of 11 million people and Belo Horizonte 2.5 million and both rio and sp attract alot more visitors. BH as advantage has lots of space while SP struggles with its plans for 2014. So glad its not having the opening, it'd be embarassing an aerial view from the stadium and the surroundings, a gray polluted city.

Calm down...

First of all, I didn't say I want the opening match in SP, actually I rather not have the WC at all in Brazil for now.

Secondly, when you compare the number hotel rooms against the city's population, you still not answer where all the people would sleep. Also, touristic cities like Natal, with a population of less than a million, have more hotel rooms than BH. Perhaps your comparison is closer to stupidity... As a matter of fact it proves my point even more, since new hotels won't be build because the city won't have the demand after the WC.

I have nothing against BH or any other city in the world...

If you feel embarassed of showing your real country on TV, perhaps this country is not ready to host events like this...

I think this is the main reason Fifa is pointing lots of problems in Sao Paulo project. They simply don't want their Loolapalooza opening in a city with no attraction for TV (I mean about scenery). They want show!!! and Sao Paulo is not a beautiful city (some think SP is ugly, some think SP is only OK)...

You have the right to speculate...

Rio have 28,000 accomodation by now... By 2014 it'll be 39,000...

Very good! I didn't write the number of actual hotel rooms of Rio with the intention of demoting its status. The present number of hotel rooms would already be enough to host any match... That's why I said that If SP doesn't get the opening match, I reckon Rio will host both, the opening and the final...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so yes im restating, the world cup is taking place in 2014, couple of years from now.. guess what they are suposto to do? any guesss? build accomodations!:)! BH has enough for its needs at the mo, natal definately attracts more tourists than BH isnt that y they got more rooms?

"If you feel embarassed of showing your real country on TV, perhaps this country is not ready to host events"

its not really my country but i do feel brazilian since my parents are, i do feel embarassment for a city like SP no other place cant compare to that hell, if they could take care better of the place and make a "plan" to clean the city itd be great and healthy. many other places in BRA are beautiful and im glad to see the nation is getting some renovations and will be looking fresh for the games.

"actually I rather not have the WC at all in Brazil for now."

sure dude...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the thing is, BH doesn't need these extra beds. In fact, one of the major concerns surrounding certain host cities (the ones with less than stellar touristic appeal) is what are they going to do with all those extra beds they won't need in the future. BH will surely need extra acomodation in the future, but it surely won't need that much that fast. I have to say that the WC worries me a little bit more than the OG.

And SP is not an ugly city. There are plenty of fascinating things to see and do there! I'm a proud carioca and I simply LOVE the "Terra da Garoa" :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well opinions, what i find pretty in the city are old important buildings like theaters and museums, most of the skyscrapers were made without elegance =\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the thing is, BH doesn't need these extra beds. In fact, one of the major concerns surrounding certain host cities (the ones with less than stellar touristic appeal) is what are they going to do with all those extra beds they won't need in the future. BH will surely need extra acomodation in the future, but it surely won't need that much that fast.

Thank you!

That's all I was trying to say... I'm glad at least you understood what I meant...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!

That's all I was trying to say... I'm glad at least you understood what I meant...

I can totally understand your concerns. There's no point in opening new hotels if they're not needed. Of all host cities, the ones I consider to be in danger of getting more rooms that they need are Cuiabá and BH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally understand your concerns. There's no point in opening new hotels if they're not needed. Of all host cities, the ones I consider to be in danger of getting more rooms that they need are Cuiabá and BH.

I think these cities are not in danger to get more rooms that they need, since the funding for providing the hotel rooms is 100% private. What is in danger is to fulfill the necessary requirements to host it, including acommodation. FIFA and CBF should be concerned about it...

My personal concern is about the public financing extravaganza to build the stadiums and infrastructure which might not serve well for the basic needs of the Brazilians after the WC. I think all this money could be invested in a better way...

I'm not saying it will happen the same with Brazil because it's a bigger country, but the OG in Athens in 2004 is one of the causes of Greece's current situation.

Anyway! Let's not get into this idscussion again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon Rio will host both, the opening and the final...

It would be a little bit unfair...

Ok, I love Rio and I'd be happy with this, but it'll be unfair, that's why I back Manaus, for media, symbolic and tourism, it would be great to have a World Cup starting on Amazon and ending in Rio.

And SP is not an ugly city. There are plenty of fascinating things to see and do there! I'm a proud carioca and I simply LOVE the "Terra da Garoa" :P

"Ugly" is a little bit a strong word to describe Sao Paulo... I'd rather to say SP is not "touristically appealing" since no beautiful and unusual place exists in this city. Now the new bridge (near my job) over Marginal Pinheiros Ave. starts to be the first SP international icon (which is good), but, there are lots of similar bridges (visually speaking) everywhere in the world... So...

Indeed, I told it here many times: I have a Love and Hate relationship with this city.

Sao Paulo do have lots of things to do, to eat, to experience and (little bit less) to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a little bit unfair...

Ok, I love Rio and I'd be happy with this, but it'll be unfair, that's why I back Manaus, for media, symbolic and tourism, it would be great to have a World Cup starting on Amazon and ending in Rio.

It would be beautiful, but there's no way to happen.

Manaus has only 4.000 hotel rooms now and 5.000 more are planned for 2014. Besides, the planned stadium will have 52.000 of capacity and the opening venue must have over 60.000.

Personally, I think São Paulo has around 90% of chance to get the opening match, Rio 7% and Brasília 3%... A pure guess based on some facts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be beautiful, but there's no way to happen.

Manaus has only 4.000 hotel rooms now and 5.000 more are planned for 2014. Besides, the planned stadium will have 52.000 of capacity and the opening venue must have over 60.000.

Personally, I think São Paulo has around 90% of chance to get the opening match, Rio 7% and Brasília 3%... A pure guess based on some facts...

good luck to SP with its 90% :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those wondering about Belo Horizonte (its not much heard out there)heres a vid :

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBF's president Ricardo Texeira yesterday said : if Morumbi meet all requirements it could host the WC opening. We'll know by May 3rd nd it's the deadline for constructions to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha i didnt get the joke, sorta... but yeah seems they cant make a decision, and i doubt construction will start any soon, the Braizlian way to do things x]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be beautiful, but there's no way to happen.

Manaus has only 4.000 hotel rooms now and 5.000 more are planned for 2014. Besides, the planned stadium will have 52.000 of capacity and the opening venue must have over 60.000.

Personally, I think São Paulo has around 90% of chance to get the opening match, Rio 7% and Brasília 3%... A pure guess based on some facts...

I'd say SP 40%, BH 25%, Brasilia 25%, something really unexpected 10%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tradition has it that if the Finals are going to be in the capital/largest city, then the WC Opener would at least be in one of the 3 major cities ofthe host country. To wit:

Italia '90 - Opener - Milano; finals - Roma

USA 1994 - O - Chicago; Finals - LA

France '98 - forget where the Opener was. Were both Opening & Finals in Paris?

Korea-Japan '02 - Opener - Seoul; finals - Tokyokohama

Germany '06 - Opener - Munich; finals - Berlin

RSA '10 - Opener - Capetown is it? finals - Jo'burg

So therefore

Brazil '14, opener should really be in Sao Paulo (or Brasilia) and the finals in Rio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So therefore

Brazil '14, opener should really be in Sao Paulo (or Brasilia) and the finals in Rio.

It seems it'll be exactly this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Ricardo Teixeira. Have you ever heard about something called "coherence"? I still wonder what they'll do about the lack of space surrounding Morumbi. Buying all those buildings around the stadium won't come cheap o.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the area proposed for the outside is not so bad, but a lil tight

morumbi_cobertura11.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GlobeTrotter

Tradition has it that if the Finals are going to be in the capital/largest city, then the WC Opener would at least be in one of the 3 major cities ofthe host country. To wit:

Italia '90 - Opener - Milano; finals - Roma

USA 1994 - O - Chicago; Finals - LA

France '98 - forget where the Opener was. Were both Opening & Finals in Paris?Korea-Japan '02 - Opener - Seoul; finals - Tokyokohama

Germany '06 - Opener - Munich; finals - Berlin

RSA '10 - Opener - Capetown is it? finals - Jo'burg

So therefore

Brazil '14, opener should really be in Sao Paulo (or Brasilia) and the finals in Rio.

In 1998, opener and finals were both in the same place.

In 2010, opener and finals will be in Soccer city stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...