Ioc Visit To Rio!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont want to translate all, so i used google translate version

The IOC delegation arrives in Rio de Janeiro for inspection for a week in the city

Ex-swimmer Alexander Popov and other members of the group were received at the airport by Governor Sérgio Cabral and Mayor Eduardo Paes

The members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) are in Brazilian soil. On the morning of Monday, the evaluation committee of the Games of 2016 arrived in Rio de Janeiro and was received at the Tom Jobim airport by Governor Sérgio Cabral, the mayor of the city, Eduardo Paes, and the Chairman of the Committee of Rio, Carlos Arthur Nuzman. For one week, the city must show it is capable of in the dispute with Tokyo, Chicago and Madrid for the right to host the competition.

Chairman of the committee, the Moroccan Nawal El Moutawakel was the first to reach the river, along with two other members: the French and Etienne Thobois Guy Drut. Also this morning landed the Russian Alexander Popov, the Colombian Andres Botero, Chinese Wu Ching-Kuo and Australian Simon Balderstone.

Check out the gallery of photos of the arrival of the inspectors!

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Fot...l#fotogaleria=1

The visitation serves to give the Committee, in practice, which was reported in the official files of the application, submitted in February and divided into 17 themes. The committee has 13 members, including former Russian swimmer Alexander Popov, owner of four Olympic diamonds and six world titles. Of 13 members, only seven voters, but all will work on the report that will be used as a basis for the final choice. Rio is the third city visited by the committee, which went through Chicago and Tokyo.

Apart from meetings with Brazilian authorities in the coming days, the delegation will this Friday, the holiday of May 1, the most important time of the visit. Divided into two groups, the members of the IOC leave the Copacabana Palace and only seven points in the city. Confira abaixo o percurso: Check out the route below:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Not...NA+NA+CIDA.html

Achieving the right to host an edition of the Olympic Games is a long and divided into several stages. Since January 2002, when the river has indicated its intention to compete until the 2nd of October, when does the official announcement, the competing cities are working to spare.

IOC says that Nuzman arrival to Rio de Janeiro was the best of all

Committee for Games of 2016 finds a great reception at the Rio airport. Swiss morning takes to run on the edge of Copacabana.

The reception at Tom Jobim International Airport impressed the members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). According to the chairman of Rio, Carlos Arthur Nuzman, the committee considered the operation of arrival in Rio de Janeiro the best so far. The city is the third candidate to the Games of 2016 to be visited. The members of the IOC have already gone through Chicago and Tokyo, and will to Madrid.

- The operation of the airport was great. They said that was the best transaction arrival who had - Nuzman said that was the airport on Monday accompanied by Governor Sérgio Cabral and the mayor of the city, Eduardo Paes.

This Tuesday, the IOC members are participating in meetings between them, without the presence of the Committee of Rio One, however, woke early and took the opportunity to practice exercises. The Swiss Gilbert Felli left the Copacabana Palace hotel, which is hosted at 6am to jog along the beach. At night, all will be a cocktail in the hotel you are staying.

From this Wednesday, the committee attend the presentations the Committee of Rio on the 17 subjects reported in the dossier of application. It will also be the opportunity for inspectors to take your questions on each subject.

- The committee will show the details of design and technical ability in all subjects. It will also be the opportunity that they feel the climate of the city. We have a team to make it number 1. Rehearsed enough for that and we afiadíssimos - said the Secretary-General of the Rio, Carlos Osório.

The visitation serves to give the Committee, in practice, which was reported in the official files of the application, submitted in February and divided into 17 themes. The committee has 13 members, including former Russian swimmer Alexander Popov, owner of four Olympic diamonds and six world titles. Of 13 members, only seven voters, but all will work on the report that will be used as a basis for the final choice.

Apart from meetings with Brazilian authorities in the coming days, the delegation will this Friday, the holiday of May 1, the most important time of the visit. This day will be made inspections in the sports facilities. Divided into two groups, the members of the IOC leave the Copacabana Palace and only seven points in the city. Check out the route below:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Not...5-16317,00.html

Achieving the right to host an edition of the Olympic Games is a long and divided into several stages. Since January 2002, when the river has indicated its intention to compete until the 2nd of October, when does the official announcement, the competing cities are working to spare.

Additional pics of the arrival at the airport :

ethdru10.jpg

Other pics :

cartazes_rio2016.jpg

28_MVG_rio_rio2016.jpg

I don't know if Chicago Tokyo or Madrid go to the extreme of a 20,000 dollar plus Custom Pilon Sign at the Airport but this is incredible IMO. This is what a Frontier Host City, Country or Continent has to do to express their capacity. You have to Show what is taken for Granted a developed nation can do you can do in the frontier city. The choice of the Copacabana Hotel is also something considering an Evaluation team Member went jogging at 6am on the Bench . Chicago Tokyo or Madrid can't lay claim to having the Evaluation members actually being across the street from a place that a Sport Started being Beach Volleyball. The Symbolism is uncanny. Reaching out and touching a proposed Venue for 2016 . It certainly would be something for the Olympics Family that would be lodged at that same hotel in 2016 if Rio 2016 becomes a reality.

Jim Jones

I don't know if Chicago Tokyo or Madrid go to the extreme of a 20,000 dollar plus Custom Pilon Sign at the Airport but this is incredible IMO. This is what a Frontier Host City, Country or Continent has to do to express their capacity. You have to Show what is taken for Granted a developed nation can do you can do in the frontier city. The choice of the Copacabana Hotel is also something considering an Evaluation team Member went jogging at 6am on the Bench . Chicago Tokyo or Madrid can't lay claim to having the Evaluation members actually being across the street from a place that a Sport Started being Beach Volleyball. The Symbolism is uncanny. Reaching out and touching a proposed Venue for 2016 . It certainly would be something for the Olympics Family that would be lodged at that same hotel in 2016 if Rio 2016 becomes a reality.

Jim Jones

...if softball is reinstated, then Grant Park would fall under that category, as it was invented here and the softball fields in GP have long represented that heritage.

...if softball is reinstated, then Grant Park would fall under that category, as it was invented here and the softball fields in GP have long represented that heritage.

Certainly Soaring.... but I think he was only pointing out some good points for Rio... that's all. All the cities certainly have its own great sights, but you have to admit Rio beaches, right ahead of the official hotel, with thousands of people playing all sorts of sports are a great boost.

BTW, I read some news here reporting that IOC members considered Rio's reception at the airport the best so far.... and are enchanted with popular and governmental support they've seen. ;)

Yeah it was all over the news today, it was the best reception so far. Apart from Rio, i didnt hear much bout chicagos or tokyos bid on tv well only on chicago's channel. And Rio is showing to be the best and most enthusiastic of them, i think plans and sketches can impress anyone cuz its just a concept for the future , but Rio has done a very good job showing on propagating and thats how the city naturally is, from 5 am till midnight people walking around the city, working out, sports, kiosks, street bars, + rio has a summer temperature all year long. I was pretty impressed when i visited the city, madrid is also very pretty, never been to chicago or tokyo tho but its a metropolis i think id be bored..

I didnt understand this yet but i think an event weill be held on may first maybe a parade? its asking citizens to put on a brazilian shirt and go out to the streets... its says on the video at rios2016

http://rio2016.org/en/Default.aspx

Yeah it was all over the news today, it was the best reception so far. Apart from Rio, i didnt hear much bout chicagos or tokyos bid on tv well only on chicago's channel. And Rio is showing to be the best and most enthusiastic of them, i think plans and sketches can impress anyone cuz its just a concept for the future , but Rio has done a very good job showing on propagating and thats how the city naturally is, from 5 am till midnight people walking around the city, working out, sports, kiosks, street bars, + rio has a summer temperature all year long. I was pretty impressed when i visited the city, madrid is also very pretty, never been to chicago or tokyo tho but its a metropolis i think id be bored..

I didnt understand this yet but i think an event weill be held on may first maybe a parade? its asking citizens to put on a brazilian shirt and go out to the streets... its says on the video at rios2016

http://rio2016.org/en/Default.aspx

It's difficult to be show yourself as an outdoor, sports-loving city when its raining and sleeting and 40 degrees fahrenheit outside. But, on a normal spring/summer/fall afternoon (and especially an August afternoon), we'd be outside, playing sports in our parks on the on our beaches as well.

CHItown '16

It's difficult to be show yourself as an outdoor, sports-loving city when its raining and sleeting and 40 degrees fahrenheit outside. But, on a normal spring/summer/fall afternoon (and especially an August afternoon), we'd be outside, playing sports in our parks on the on our beaches as well.

CHItown '16

Rios weather temps is never below 70F even during its winter season..so i pick Rio as my favorite cuz i rather give up on Chicago so Boston have a chance here in 2020.

CHItown '16

Too bad for you... maybe you should try Winter Games ;)

Yes that is true but lets face it Copacabana Beach would certainly be known a bit more for that Beach Volleyball then Grant Park for Softball. Softball is played here in Canada and I am sure if you put the proposition to people that Softball was somehow invented in Canada they would tend to believe it was. Beach volleyball got its start in Hawaii and California Actually but Copacabana Beach is one of the Most famous Beaches in the World so the Association is there .

Jim jones

As I've maintained from the beginning. This is strictly a Rio vrs Tokyo affair and this proves it!

Thou Tokyo with their abilities proven time and time again may seem to be a Natural I don't think this is a Tokyo VS Rio affair really . Rio Vs. Chicago I think is the Battle. 20 years since the Summer Games were in the Americas , a key money generating market for the IOC, and we have two excellent Candidates. The dye may have been cast with Rio included on the 2016 short list to this be a Americas Battle.

Jim jones

Thou Tokyo with their abilities proven time and time again may seem to be a Natural I don't think this is a Tokyo VS Rio affair really . Rio Vs. Chicago I think is the Battle. 20 years since the Summer Games were in the Americas , a key money generating market for the IOC, and we have two excellent Candidates. The dye may have been cast with Rio included on the 2016 short list to this be a Americas Battle.

Jim jones

Chicago will be only on the final race in Copenhagen if Obama will participate to the final presentation.

Jim jones

Chicago will be only on the final race in Copenhagen if Obama will participate to the final presentation.

Didja see the Rio Conference room? It was soooooooooooo small!! I mean my bathroom is bigger!!

Anyway...

Well, with the Spanish Royal Couple now committed to going to Copenhagen AND now Obama ALSO has fully endorsed the USA 2018-22 WOrld Cup bids, so how can he NOT go to Copenhagen?? This is HIS city.

Yes, Madrid will send the Royal Couple, Rio will send Lula -- but Chicago will have Obama, Clinton, Oprah, Michael Johnson AND NBC -- a TOTAL full court press. That is going to be formidable.

(Anyone hear if Japan will send the Emperor or anyone from their Royal family?)

Archived