Dubai - Tokyo - Chicago

Mikel

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no way Chicago is getting a second NFL team they will not risk hurting the Bears who have tons of behind the scenes power in the NFL, and the NFL really does not want to expand past 32 teams since it makes scheduling easy and the owners dont seem to keen on sharing their billions with anyone else which is why LA still does not have a team. I don't know why they are not using the White Sox as a pawn for a new stadium since they are unhappy with their current stadium as it is pretty much already out of date and by 2016 they will be trying to get the money for new one.

I don't know why they are not using the White Sox as a pawn for a new stadium since they are unhappy with their current stadium as it is pretty much already out of date and by 2016 they will be trying to get the money for new one.

Uhmmm...the White Sox will give nothing but another "twisted" baseball stadium a la Atlanta Olympic Stadium-Turner Field and the proposed nw Shea-Olympic Stadium.  Unless a design is perfected whereby a once and future baseball stadium will also accommodate a perfectly symmetrical Olympic Stadium, then it's the same old story for a US candidate city.  We need to have a useless White Elephant Olympic Stadium.  Just tear it down after the Games.

Give the Olympics 2016 to Dubai, let's build an Olympic Stadium for 100.000 spectators, convert it to a baseball stadium after the Olympics. Both will not be used anyway after the Olympics, so it doesn't anyway.....

k well dubai and olympics not gonna happen anytime soon...ure forgetting dubai will have two of everything two stadia...

one for the men and one for the women...only men allowed in mens stadium and women in women stadium

each 150,000 seater stadia....adjacent to each other...one in pink and one in metallic blue...so instead of 32 venues they would need 64...or make sure they time the events so that only men or women compete at a certain time...all swimmers to be veiled...and men to be covered from their belly button to their knees..no speedos allowed...no do u really want a dubai games?/....? think about beach volleyball...no bikinis!!

Baron, I´m taking things serious, i.e. have a look at the Nagano 1998 report. One day everything comes into light and it´s clear that something was wrong (see the race between Nagano and Salt Lake City). This should push IOC to reform it´s organisation. Without we still live in the past. We are people that love sport and don´t want to have allways the bad and sad things. The behaviour of these IOC members is impertinent. We should develop new bid cities and don´t bring them into ruin as shown several times in the past. This shows the true character and the moral of the officials of the big sport organisations. Low level seems not low enough for some of them.

I am NOT surprised.  It is the very nature of the organization -- wherein they handpick and select members (OK, now, they will elect 2 or 3 athelte members to join) based on personal recommendations and connections -- and NOT on merit or some other objective criteria.  It's very much an old boys' club.  And UNTIL that changes, you're going to have the Nagano-Salt Lake City sagas all over again.  I am NOT surprised.

You are right, this is really an old boys´club. And the two or three members elected from athlets are like sheeps in a herd of wolves. Corruption seems not to be a question of moral, it´s more a question of the right prize. This is the same as in the other big sport organisations.

I am NOT surprised.  It is the very nature of the organization -- wherein they handpick and select members (OK, now, they will elect 2 or 3 athelte members to join) based on personal recommendations and connections -- and NOT on merit or some other objective criteria.  It's very much an old boys' club.  And UNTIL that changes, you're going to have the Nagano-Salt Lake City sagas all over again.  I am NOT surprised.

Don't forget that some of these IOC members will be gone this year as well. And, yes, their replacements will be "handpicked".

These very few people who leave are not enough. These people are only the top of the iceberg. It´s symptomatic that nothing was heard from the side of IOC to this scandal, it´s also the same like in FIFA and UEFA. A lot more people have to go - soon.

These very few people who leave are not enough. These people are only the top of the iceberg. It´s symptomatic that nothing was heard from the side of IOC to this scandal, it´s also the same like in FIFA and UEFA. A lot more people have to go - soon.

Maybe someone should gas those IOC meetings.  That'll get rid of a lot of the deadwood.  

J/K -- or not.   :wink:

Have a look at the last report regarding Nagano in GamesBids. IOC is washing it´s hands and say, this is history. And they are talking about reforms they´ve made. I´m not aware of any reforms. Also the same old people are sitting in IOC as they were during Nagano "history".

It´s not only Nagano. This happened also several times in the not so far past. There have to be reforms to prevent this behaviour.

And there have been!

About half a dozen IOLC members expelled, limits on travel, gifts and entertainment. Indeed, some of the 2012 bidders complained the reforms had become too restrictive now on the bidding process.

Yeah, I think the travel ban is silly. There has to be some happy medium, between the old, abused, open vouchers for first class air tickets system and the current ban on travel. Winter Olympics in particularn _ how exactly are the members from the Cayman Islands and Burkino Faso supposed to have any idea how up-to-scratch facilities and infrastructure are in, say, Borjomi? (and, yes, baron, I know your views on "tropical" country members voting on the winter games).

Yeah, I think the travel ban is silly. There has to be some happy medium, between the old, abused, open vouchers for first class air tickets system and the current ban on travel. Winter Olympics in particularn _ how exactly are the members from the Cayman Islands and Burkino Faso supposed to have any idea how up-to-scratch facilities and infrastructure are in, say, Borjomi? (and, yes, baron, I know your views on "tropical" country members voting on the winter games).

Y don't we stage a coup d'etat and just take that responsibility away from them?

Have a look at the last report regarding Nagano in GamesBids. IOC is washing it´s hands and say, this is history. And they are talking about reforms they´ve made. I´m not aware of any reforms. Also the same old people are sitting in IOC as they were during Nagano "history".

What? :oo: The inferior are you, little thingy... Puerto Rico is one of the worst countries in America  :wwww:

What? :oo: The inferior are you, little thingy... Puerto Rico is one of the worst countries in America  :wwww:

Ups, sorry, this post hasn't to be here...

THE REAL ANSWER FOR YOU POST, ZENICA IS THAT:

What happened in Nagano'98? :oo:

Nothing special happened in Nagano 1998. Nothing that not also happened during every bid (not only for OG´s) in the last decades.

Suggestion: why not limit the membership to let´s say 4 or 5 years which one prolongation, like in politics. Maybe also the maximum age could be limited. Nevertheless, reforms are still necessary - an ongoing process.

there is a "new" US city in the race besides NYC, LA, Chicago and SF: Philadelphia. Actually they prepare a feasibility study for a possible bid for the Summer Games 2016. A lot of possible candidates for 2016. Unfortunately there will be only one in the race for the bid.

03.jpg

Archived