Dubai - Tokyo - Chicago

Mikel

The concept of a bi-national bid is still alive because Malin Burnham is a powerful, influential man in San Diego. Just because a cross-border tunnel is consistent with the idea of an Olympic bid doesn't mean the bid will actually get off the ground. It wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Burnham recognizes that an SD-TJ Games won't happen. He can still use the Olympic cachet to help push through other pet projects. The USOC isn't going to go for a bi-national bid, but even if they were interested the administration of the city of San Diego is extremely disorganized and in dire financial straits.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding SD-Tijuana: have a look at the 2016 potential bid cities list on GamesBids. There really exists a website for this bid, that´s more than most of the other bid cities have. I don´t think this is an old fantasy from a few people.

Yes, but it's such an unrealistic, ultimately futile fantasy. A bi-national bid will just never win against any half-decent competition.

Anyway, having a website is not a measure of how well prepared a city is to host a games _ I could point you to websites for the most unlikely of bids (I even stumbled across an Australian Koskiusko bid for the Winter Games once, and I can assure you, that's about as possible as Timbuktu gojg for a winter games).

Regarding SD-Tijuana: have a look at the 2016 potential bid cities list on GamesBids. There really exists a website for this bid, that´s more than most of the other bid cities have. I don´t think this is an old fantasy from a few people.

Here it is...website of the quixotic bid...

El San Diego-loco plano Olympico

About as improbable as Minneapolis-St. Paul.  Maybe the 4 of them can mount a quadrophonic bid!!   :wwww:

It seems strange that the website believes that Cairo, Dubai, Havana, Minneapolis/St Paul and Rotterdam all stand a greater chance of success in being awarded the 2016 games than Tokyo, it sounds like some of the people on here - maybe this online betting website gets it's tips from the gamesbids forum!

:idea:

Maybe it was me, who knows ...

But in fact, Tokyo has a big chance, besides Chicago and Dubai (have a look at the quotes set by me)java script:emoticon(':D')

smilie

00004330_tenisdubai_f2.jpg

For what seems like the 1000th time, zenica . . . .

DUBAI DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD CHANCE.

And you have posted that picture 3x already.

Maybe it was me, who knows ...

But in fact, Tokyo has a big chance, besides Chicago and Dubai (have a look at the quotes set by me)java script:emoticon(':D')

smilie

00004330_tenisdubai_f2.jpg

For what seems like the 1000th time, zenica . . . .

DUBAI DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD CHANCE.

And you have posted that picture 3x already.

I think Z is saying that Dubai and/or Tokyo have as much a chance of winning 2016 as Agassi there trying to run down an out ball and surviving.  

BTW, where are the line guys in that match?   :suspect:

Aggasi's Pat Cash style dives notwithstanding, and not to point out the obvious, but that leaves Chicago (6-1 Favorites)......Windy City, Hog Butcher to the world, City of Big Shoulders, City in the Garden.........Any suggestions you experts might have for putting a lock on it?

Pardon my posting this in multiple threads....

Chicago 2016

The prospects of and implications for the business and

real estate community of a winning Olympic bid

Panel Breakfast, Wednesday March 1st, 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.

The Mid Day Club of Chicago

56th Floor of One JP Morgan Chase Plaza

Janet Baxter, President, US Sailing

Lee Bey, Director of Governmental Affairs, Skidmore Owings & Merrill,

Former City of Chicago Deputy Chief Staff for Planning & Design

Marc S. Ganis, President SportsCorp Ltd.

Bill Martin, Athletic Director, University of Michigan,

Former Chairman of The United States Olympic Committee

Hugh Murphy, Regional Vice President, Staubach Educational and Municipal Services

Former City of Chicago COO, Director of Revenue, and Director of O’Hare Airport

Ted Tetzlaff, Partner Ungaretti & Harris and

Chairman of The Metropolitan Pier & Exposition Authority

Sponsored By

The University of Illinois Real Estate Alumni Forum

$20 UIRE Members, $40 Non UIRE Members

Register Online After Friday January 27th, 2006

www.uire.org

For More Information, contact Michael Hoadley, mhoadley@spinnakerventures.biz or 773-294-5868

Aggasi's Pat Cash style dives notwithstanding, and not to point out the obvious, but that leaves Chicago (6-1 Favorites)......Windy City, Hog Butcher to the world, City of Big Shoulders, City in the Garden.........Any suggestions you experts might have for putting a lock on it?

Pardon my posting this in multiple threads....

Chicago 2016

The prospects of and implications for the business and

real estate community of a winning Olympic bid

Panel Breakfast, Wednesday March 1st, 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.

The Mid Day Club of Chicago

56th Floor of One JP Morgan Chase Plaza

Janet Baxter, President, US Sailing

Lee Bey, Director of Governmental Affairs, Skidmore Owings & Merrill,

Former City of Chicago Deputy Chief Staff for Planning & Design

Marc S. Ganis, President SportsCorp Ltd.

Bill Martin, Athletic Director, University of Michigan,

Former Chairman of The United States Olympic Committee

Hugh Murphy, Regional Vice President, Staubach Educational and Municipal Services

Former City of Chicago COO, Director of Revenue, and Director of O’Hare Airport

Ted Tetzlaff, Partner Ungaretti & Harris and

Chairman of The Metropolitan Pier & Exposition Authority

Sponsored By

The University of Illinois Real Estate Alumni Forum

$20 UIRE Members, $40 Non UIRE Members

Register Online After Friday January 27th, 2006

www.uire.org

For More Information, contact Michael Hoadley, mhoadley@spinnakerventures.biz or 773-294-5868

This isn't a place to advertise, MHOADLEY.

This is a message board, not the local newspaper.

Archived