Dubai - Tokyo - Chicago

Mikel

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prague could be now also a candidate for 2020 or 2024. This will be a strong candidate which never had any Summer Games up to now. The race between the European candidates will be very hot.

It's still too small a country to sustain a viable Summer Games.  A prospective Summer host needs the critical mass of a major country behind it to make it viable.

The IOC doesn't care who get's the Games, as long as their Functionaries are getting their "bonus".

It seems that there are still people out there, who believe that there are rules and parameters (technical and not-technical) which are leading to Olympic Games.

As the procedure for the Olympic Games 2012 has demostrated, it is not necessary to have a realistic bid...it is only necessary to have a Prime Minister who "sells his ass to the IOC-functionaries"...The budget...will rise and rise....and the megalomanistic OGs will have another chapter.....

Remember following important rules for the next bid....

1. Lie what you can in the bid-book to enter the final-draw (Top5)...

2. Don't worry about your existing infrastructure. Promise the most possible (also if it makes no sense)...Lie regarding price/budget (cheap is good)...

3. Remember...A lot of Banana-Republics have a vote at the IOC, specially Monaco....get them...and you will have done half the job...

4. Promise free Visa to all participants...or better, promise them all a job (after the games)...it's not important if you call them al "fuckin paks" afterwards.

5. Send your Prime-Minister to the final Election day, and pay him a big Suite where he can perform encounters of all types (diplomatic, corrupt and of course of sexual nature).

6. Get the Games....and celebrate it as a "Sporting Event of the Century" (if not millenium)...

and then....

7. Once you've got the OG's....start paying more taxes, as the funding was not 100% guaranteed in the way as promissed...

8. Expect an increase of 200% in the budget.

9. If your are not a citizen of the "winning" city.....Planify your holidays avoiding the winnin city for the years around the OG's....

That's all Folks....Sorry for my poor english....

I will change my Nick now....to...IWillNotBeInLondonIn2012

The IOC doesn't care who get's the Games, as long as their Functionaries are getting their "bonus".

It seems that there are still people out there, who believe that there are rules and parameters (technical and not-technical) which are leading to Olympic Games.

As the procedure for the Olympic Games 2012 has demostrated, it is not necessary to have a realistic bid...it is only necessary to have a Prime Minister who "sells his ass to the IOC-functionaries"...The budget...will rise and rise....and the megalomanistic OGs will have another chapter.....

2. Don't worry about your existing infrastructure. Promise the most possible (also if it makes no sense)...Lie regarding price/budget (cheap is good)...

3. Remember...A lot of Banana-Republics have a vote at the IOC, specially Monaco....get them...and you will have done half the job...

4. Promise free Visa to all participants...or better, promise them all a job (after the games)...it's not important if you call them al "fuckin paks" afterwards.

5. Send your Prime-Minister to the final Election day, and pay him a big Suite where he can perform encounters of all types (diplomatic, corrupt and of course of sexual nature).

6. Get the Games....and celebrate it as a "Sporting Event of the Century" (if not millenium)...

and then....

7. Once you've got the OG's....start paying more taxes, as the funding was not 100% guaranteed in the way as promissed...

9. If your are not a citizen of the "winning" city.....Planify your holidays avoiding the winnin city for the years around the OG's....

That's all Folks....Sorry for my poor english....

I will change my Nick now....to...IWillNotBeInLondonIn2012

:wwww:  :laugh:  :D  :laughlong: Very true

Madrid also want to check a bid for 2016. I think this is much too soon after London 2012. Next chance would be 2020 or 2024.

Denver would also suggest a bid for Winter 2018. This is also unrealistic after Vancouver 2010 - maybe there is a chance for 2022 Winter Games.

Madrid also want to check a bid for 2016. I think this is much too soon after London 2012. Next chance would be 2020 or 2024.

Denver would also suggest a bid for Winter 2018. This is also unrealistic after Vancouver 2010 - maybe there is a chance for 2022 Winter Games.

It is too early if you consider only the argument of "Rotation in Continents"....but....

¿Who says that this rule will be mantained?....

Remeber, that the Bid-Procedure itself costs a lot of money for the bid-city/country, and if this "rule" is applied without some flexibility, there will be no real bid-process...

And that's all...but in the interest of the IOC.

I'm quite shure, that we will see consecutive hostings at one (or the other) continent in the future. Simply from an economic perspective.

Regards...

To be fair, a Denver 2018 games would only be 8 years after Vancouver 2010, which is also 8 years after Salt Lake 2002.

Salt Lake is closer to Vancouver than Denver is geographically as well.

To be fair, a Denver 2018 games would only be 8 years after Vancouver 2010, which is also 8 years after Salt Lake 2002.

Salt Lake is closer to Vancouver than Denver is geographically as well.

It's not unrealistic because of Vancouver 2010. It's eight years difference. They have done the same thing with Athens 2004 and London 2012.

What makes it unrealistic is the fact that the USOC is not eyeing a Winter Games for the near future. It's all about the Summer Games to them.

RFY-2M12. You disgust me. I can't believe you're still bitching about losing the 2012 bid. Just because Madrid lot, doesn't mean you have to detract from London's win. And get real, Madrid won't win the 2016 bid.

It isn't unrealistic because of Vancouver 2010 if not because the USA is trying to get 2016. If NY gets 2016 obviously Denver won't get 2018.

RFY 2M12, if IOC will not decide by the rotation principle, all future  OG´s will be held in Europe or North America. After Korea and China in Asia (which are done now) there are only a few candidates which could fulfill the economic perspective there are only a few more or less exotic countries (i.e. Dubai, UAE etc) which are able to host the Games.

RFY 2M12, if IOC will not decide by the rotation principle, all future  OG´s will be held in Europe or North America. After Korea and China in Asia (which are done now) there are only a few candidates which could fulfill the economic perspective there are only a few more or less exotic countries (i.e. Dubai, UAE etc) which are able to host the Games.

Exactly that is what can happen (with exceptions):

If we consider the names of cities who are bidding or plan to bid, you see that it will go that way nearly by force. Otherwise, they would have a ridiculous bid-process (1 city bidding?).

Do you believe that a city/country will bid if there is no chance to win due to some "continental rules"?....

I'm not saying that there is no chance for Cape Town or Río de Janeiro or Buenos Aires (or others). The only thing I'm trying to say is that the weighting of Continental-rotation-principle will loose importance with time.

Do you imagine Paris bidding for the 4th time (of course with a good proyect), and losing then anothertime due to a Continental-rotation-principle?....

If they have no chance to win, the logical attitude would be not to bid and save the money....

I hope that Madrid will decide to bid for 2016 instead waiting for 2020 or 2024. This is the only way to use in some way the investments and energy of the 2012-bid. For 2020 or 24, it would be like starting from null.

Regards

RFY-2M12. You disgust me. I can't believe you're still bitching about losing the 2012 bid. Just because Madrid lot, doesn't mean you have to detract from London's win. And get real, Madrid won't win the 2016 bid.

It's up to you what you like to believe....

If you believe that I'm bitching about losing the 2012, it can only be based on the fact that probably you would do so, or are doing so.

Anyway, you should start reconsidering the way you interprete words, as there is no relationship between "bitching about losing", and "remember strange happenings" during the last bid-process.

But in your way of interpretation, if I comment the still "stupid" embargo-policy of the United States against Cuba, I'm probably bitching about us spanyards losing this island against the US in 1898.

Grow up, and don't think that others are doing that what you are used to do....

That's all regading regarding "bitching"....and regarding "getting real"...only a simple comment:

I don't know if you have prophetic powers...I don't have...But I'm shure, that if Madrid bids for 2016, it will have it's chances...the same than others...

Regards...

and then....

That's all Folks....

^^^

:laughlong:  :laugh:  :P

So true, so true.  Can I please use that for a quote in the future?

The smaller European nations and South America have no business, from an economic standpoint, bidding for a SOG in the near future.  Cape Town I know very little about so I can't determine if the economics of the area can support hosting a SOG.

For all the talk of the IOC wanting to go to new frontiers I think they are talking out of their ass.  Sydney, Athens, Bejing and now London are a studies in the outrageous costs associated with hosting the games.  The Los Angeles model of hosting an economically feasible and profitable games no longer works despite the fact that the four games after L.A. that by and largely followed their formula were economic successes, not failures. The reason: the IOC is not interested in whether a city makes money but more interested in how much money goes into their coffers and whether the host city leaves a "legacy."  White elephants are their favorites.

The continental rotation will continue as long as the IOC awards the games to countries that cannot afford them because they will need the more wealthy coountires to in essence make up the money that is lost by going to a new frontier.

It´s correct that Paris tried it 4 times and failed. But there are examples like Switzerland (6 times ) or Sweden (9 times) for Winter Games and failed again. When talking about Rio, Cape Town and Buenos Aires we also should talk about New Delhi, Santiago de Chile and others which are fascinating. But the problem their is the security problem, the economical and political situation. These countries would be excellent but as a candidate they need more time. IOC has to decide about how to organize future OG´s.

It´s correct that Paris tried it 4 times and failed. But there are examples like Switzerland (6 times ) or Sweden (9 times) for Winter Games and failed again. When talking about Rio, Cape Town and Buenos Aires we also should talk about New Delhi, Santiago de Chile and others which are fascinating. But the problem their is the security problem, the economical and political situation. These countries would be excellent but as a candidate they need more time. IOC has to decide about how to organize future OG´s.

Do u really think New Delhi has any chance of getting 2016? :laughlong:

Budapest want to host Summer OG´s 2020, better 2024.

With 1.7 million inhabitants (7th city in EU) would be a good candidate for a bid as Hungary never had any OG´s until now. I think it is one of the best candidates from Europe for a future bid.

Are u crazy? ??? There many better candidates: Rome, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Hamburg, Prague, only naming a few. :rolleyes:

i think if there a few things some of us have learnt mikel..then its that the "better" candidates are not assured of winning...im not saying that budapest will even be shortlisted..but that doesnt mean the better candidates will win.

Budapest want to host Summer OG´s 2020, better 2024.

With 1.7 million inhabitants (7th city in EU) would be a good candidate for a bid as Hungary never had any OG´s until now. I think it is one of the best candidates from Europe for a future bid.

Are u crazy? ??? There many better candidates: Rome, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Hamburg, Prague, only naming a few. :rolleyes:

Mikel,

I do not agree with you in this case.

If 3rd-category-cities like Leipzig are allowed to bid...A bid of a capital-city like Budapest (additionally a very beautifull city) and a country like Hungary is more than justified.

And of course it would have its chances...

Saludos desde el Foro hacia el Foro....

all cities which will get OG´s will have a huge increase in tourism. This is also the case for Tokyo, Dubai and Chicago which it´s attractivity and infrastructure. This is also the case for all future candidates which will bid. There will be a huge number of tourists which will bring a lot of money, not only in the host city, also in the whole country.

Archived